Freakin Parking Valet MOFOS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2001, 05:41 PM
AC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Freakin Parking Valet MOFOS!!!

Just noticed that a parking valet dude scratch the hell out of my font lip of the body kit. Too late for me to go back and B*TCH now. Damn I hate that shit! Now I have to get the whole font lip painted. Heck, might as well have them redo my bumper mesh and remount my fogs.

------------------
2000 TL Taffeta White
Factory Body Kit and Spoiler
18' DAZZ MATIZ
Tenzo 700X Fogs
Custom Mesh Grille
Custom Mesh Bumper Center
Comptech Headers
Comptech Springs
Comptech Sway Bars
AEM CAI
Greddy CatBack Exhaust
Inspire Tails
Inspire Steering Wheel
Burlwood Knob
Apexi V-AFC
Old 01-18-2001, 05:47 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Man, sorry to hear about that!!! I've never let anyone else park my car for me...

I don't think they are careful enough for one reason. And somehow I feel that my car is RAPED, when somebody else that I don't know drive it.

Taking it back for service is different thought. It's more like visit the doctor...

Anyways, really sorry to hear that.
Old 01-18-2001, 05:49 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, Damn those valet attendants!!!
They just drive lowered cars like it was a SUV!

------------------
1999 Dark Emerald Pearl TL w/ nav
Factory underbody kit and rear spoiler.
Comptech springs, sways, headers and exhaust.
RS Akimoto Funnel Ram III Intake.
18x7.5 +48 5Zigen Heidfeld wheels with 225/40ZR18 Nitto NT-555 tires.
Inspire Tail-lights with Polarg M-23 P8711R signal bulbs.
DEI Viper 550ESP Alarm
http://home.socal.rr.com/tada/socal28TL.htm
Old 01-18-2001, 05:57 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sunnyvale acura did that to my car and i complained but they didn't do anything. bastards.
Old 01-18-2001, 06:51 PM

Red face

Sorry to hear that! I was pissed when I rubbed underneath my front lip under body, even though not noticeable until you look underneath..it still drives me crazy!
Old 01-18-2001, 06:56 PM
The Doctor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE else drives my car!! hahaha

------------------

2000 Metalic Silver TL
Comptech springs
AEM Short Ram
Polarg M-12 Side signals
Bra - XPEL clear bra, that is.
Pikkachu on the back passenger window
Old 01-18-2001, 08:09 PM
Racer

Angry

..............i hear you,however i had a different experience from these so called "VALET'S" the Acura dealership where i get my car serviced and the oil changed, is valet everything, when i come and get it, i have to hand the keys over to over to a valet to retrieve it, this one kid always seemed to always be there to go get my car for me after i lowered it and brought it in.."oh i got you man!", he would say gladly before i even made it from the damn counter ............. so the last time i was in for an oil change and the same routine went down, he was right there, and i just handed him my key.......i decided to stroll around the lot to look at the new TL'S, well that night i wondered far enough in listening distance to the back lot..i heard it start and race out of the space where it was....after all it took him like 10 minutes for this guy to get my car, when it came i bent down to the wheel, and heard it making that aching sound, you know the sound after you have just mashed the hell out of your car and it is now trying to get itself together.........i said, "Hey man, let me talk to you a second,.......he was like yeah whats up, like your headlights!, i was like uh yeah.......well remember this car and the key, BECAUSE YOUR ASS IS NEVER TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL OF IT AGAIN, the fu*k's your problem!!!!!....the manager came out and asked me....... there a problem man?........I was like hell yeah.....speed racer here is trying to burn up all the damn oil, i just paid for!!!!!!!!!!!!!........you can not imagine what happens to your car when you drop it off at the doctors.....and god forbid your car is lowered with exhaust, they are gonna have a field day........
Old 01-18-2001, 08:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Life's a b!tch. I can't care about scraping my lip, cuz it happens everywhere I go
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 01-18-2001, 08:46 PM
OG

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally posted by AC:
Just noticed that a parking valet dude scratch the hell out of my font lip of the body kit. Too late for me to go back and B*TCH now. Damn I hate that shit! Now I have to get the whole font lip painted. Heck, might as well have them redo my bumper mesh and remount my fogs.

You let valet parking attendants drive your car? I never let anyone drive my car, except my wife. See what happens when you let someone drive your car? Lesson learned?
Old 01-18-2001, 09:17 PM
AC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Shoofin'TL:
Life's a b!tch. I can't care about scraping my lip, cuz it happens everywhere I go
Ed

No, not scrapping the bottom...I don't care about that cuz I expect those. This mofo must have driven into a curb and kept driving. Right under my right fog light hole, there's a a 8X4 inch gash. From far away, it looks like a black piece of paper is stuck on my lip, up close, man it hurts to talk about it... No more Valet MOFO's ever drive my shit again!

------------------
2000 TL Taffeta White
Factory Body Kit and Spoiler
18' DAZZ MATIZ
Tenzo 700X Fogs
Custom Mesh Grille
Custom Mesh Bumper Center
Comptech Headers
Comptech Springs
Comptech Sway Bars
AEM CAI
Greddy CatBack Exhaust
Inspire Tails
Inspire Steering Wheel
Burlwood Knob
Apexi V-AFC
Old 01-18-2001, 09:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 01-18-2001, 09:40 PM
Pro

Originally posted by AC:
No, not scrapping the bottom...I don't care about that cuz I expect those. This mofo must have driven into a curb and kept driving. Right under my right fog light hole, there's a a 8X4 inch gash. From far away, it looks like a black piece of paper is stuck on my lip, up close, man it hurts to talk about it... No more Valet MOFO's ever drive my shit again!

I would go back and *****.
Old 01-18-2001, 10:14 PM
Pro

Cool

no one drives my car...i mean no one, especially valets...they don't care...and even if they do care...they don't care about your car...

------------------
1996 2.5 TL Dark Green
HKS Powerflow, HKS Fuel Pressure Regulator, Sebring Exhaust, Jacobs Pro Street, Apex-i AFC, Jet ECU, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis Metal Master Pads, PIAA 1100x, Clarion 9255, Tube Driver Amps, Boston Pro 10's (2) , CD Technologies 6-4-2, Clarion MVA6491 (3), Valentine 1, Cliford Avant Guard 4, Monster Capacitors (2), Jacobs Accuvolt, Trunk, Underdash and Underbody Neons
No nav yet but soon!!!
Old 01-18-2001, 10:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Damn man! Sucks to hear about stuff like this. Where was this place?

------------------
'00 White Diamond Perl w/Nav
Wings West Spoiler
Comptech Exaust
Rear Comptech Sway bar
Old 01-19-2001, 01:53 AM
Rx Master

MAn i am the same way, i will never ever let anyone drive my car that I dont know. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE. My friend works for a restaurant here in lauderdale and he says that all the guys take out the phat cars and mash the shit out of them, ever since then, my car gets parked by me and only me, i dont care how far away it is. My car is never gettin ****ed up by a 18 year ol POS
WG

------------------
The SILVER STREAKER CL-S no navi, spoiler, tint all around, moonroof visor,
indaglo emblom, ACURA.CL.com stickers, eurolights fog lights, bel 950 radar detector, and 2 chamber flowmaster exaust
coilovers or springs to come soon

Old 01-19-2001, 12:13 PM
Racer

shieatz...I was thinking the same thing. I never valet my car anymore since I got the TL. I know they don't give a shit when they valet, especially at clubs. They like to squeeze as much space as possible so they can get more money. I like to show off my nice TL but I'm not willing to valet it. I try to park far away from other cars as possible too. And never park near an old car...they'll bang the shit out of your car too. I had my bumper scraped like that.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2TL with Nav
Satin Silver Metallic
Factory Rear Wing Spoiler
Old 01-19-2001, 03:02 PM
Pro

DAMN....
unfortunately, i can so relate to AC's and all you other guys' stories....
today, after getting my muffler tips replaced, the *****N moron driving my car down, hit my front lip and a patch of paint came off... i didn't measure the size of the gash like AC did lol, cause it really hurt enough knowing it's there.... everytime i clean my car, i cry even worse, seeing all the tiny chips i have on it, from stupid gravel trucks... those mofos do 80 on the highway... i barely do 80 in mine... and my car can at least handle it...( i think i actually do 90 most times... but you get my point)
but hey, in pics, the kit looks perfect, so who cares lol
Old 01-19-2001, 03:18 PM
Burning Brakes

sorry to hear that.. there should be some law or something that holds valet people/company liable for any damages.. once you hand them the keys they should be held responsible.. their providing a service and should have a sense of buisness ethics.. well that's how i feel..
Old 01-20-2001, 11:06 PM
Drifting

If I can help it, I don't go to places where they only valet. Even at hotels, I try my chances on street parking first. I always try parking myself before unwillingly relinqushing my keys to the valet guys.

If it was that noticeable of a damage, you should've noticed it at the time you retrieved your car... and complained to them at that time. It sux that you didn't notice it tho. real sorry for ya.