first mods = springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2001, 03:22 PM

Post first mods = springs

well, my first mod is gonna be springs...i've searched through the archives for info, but i haven't gotten any comprehensive answers...so can you guys answer the following questions for me?

what's the justification for buying the comptech springs, which are over $100 more than the H&R springs? also, how much does an alignment cost?
Old 05-15-2001, 03:43 PM
Ain't No Other...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by FutbolSweeper:
well, my first mod is gonna be springs...i've searched through the archives for info, but i haven't gotten any comprehensive answers...so can you guys answer the following questions for me?

what's the justification for buying the comptech springs, which are over $100 more than the H&R springs? also, how much does an alignment cost?
H&R springs give you a very level drop, which means it has the usual half inch wheel well gap more than the back, the comptech gives you even wheel well gap, which means that the front is lower than the back, kinda like the rake look...a computerized alignment should run you about 40 bucks.

------------------
2000 Satin Silver TL, 17x7.5 ATP wheels with Pirelli 215/50/17 P7000SS, H&R OE springs, OEM spoiler, AEM CAI, Tint all Around. Inspire Foglight Switch, PIAA 1700X fogs, Polarg M-12 corners.
Next Mods: Factory Sideskirts, 2002 Taillights
Old 05-15-2001, 03:47 PM
Drifting

I think we discussed these extensively... but anyways.

Comptechs are better (IMHO) than H&R when installed on TL's. This is due to the fact that Comptechs are made for TL's while H&R were made for Accords.

Also, Comptechs give you specific ratings for each individual springs. It comes location specific (right front/left front/right rear/left rear). H&R come either front or rear.

I have had H&R OE springs before and now Comptechs. And I am glad I switched over.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-15-2001, 05:11 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by SLVR TL:

I have had H&R OE springs before and now Comptechs. And I am glad I switched over.

SLVR TL, was there much difference in the ride quality between these springs? Also, was the drop of the Comptech noticably more than H&R?

------------------
2000 Acura 3.2 TL (Nav)[*]Comptech Springs & Sways[*]Home Depot Grill

Old 05-15-2001, 06:17 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
personally, i think the H&R's are just fine. the ride quality is pretty good, not too firm, not too soft. i think the H&R's drop is a lil' lower than the Comptech's. i never tried Comptech's so i can't really compare but i'm very satisfied with the H&R's.

------------------
'01 TL Taffeta White
18x8 Blitz Z2 Technospeed
Pirelli P7000SS 225/40/18
H&R SportSprings
Polarg M-12 Corners
Solaris High Beams
Clifford Concept 200
w/SmartWindows & Remotestart
Coming Soon: Amp & Subs
Old 05-16-2001, 08:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Comptechs are better (IMHO) than H&R when installed on TL's. This is due to the fact that Comptechs are made for TL's while H&R were made for Accords.

Also, Comptechs give you specific ratings for each individual springs. It comes location specific (right front/left front/right rear/left rear). H&R come either front or rear.

Hope this helps.
...get your facts straight the comps were made for the accord 98+v-6 and the H&R's used a 99tl as the test car
Old 05-16-2001, 12:33 PM
Ain't No Other...

Originally posted by typeR:

Hope this helps.
...get your facts straight the comps were made for the accord 98+v-6 and the H&R's used a 99tl as the test car
Lets really get the facts straight, they BOTH were made for the accords...I believe comptech and H&R's both use the same springs to lower both the v6 accords and tl's
Old 05-16-2001, 06:25 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by SinnedTL:
Lets really get the facts straight, they BOTH were made for the accords...I believe comptech and H&R's both use the same springs to lower both the v6 accords and tl's

Where are you guys getting your facts from?