Finally got my transmission fixed - nice job by Calabasas - bad job by Santa Monica

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 10:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Smile Finally got my transmission fixed - nice job by Calabasas - bad job by Santa Monica

My transmission seemed off when I had it recalled a while back and brought it to Acura of Santa Monica. They said it was fine, my car had dirt all over the inside, wires were now hanging out, my radio was messed up and they broke my car alarm. My warning lights were on. I reported the problem and they said they needed my car another day to fix it. I got it back and the only thing they fixed was the dirt they left on the inside of the car and dangling wires. I filled out another complaint form and never heard back from Acura of Santa Monica.

I wrote a letter to Acura directly they said bring it to any Acura dealership and they should be able to resolve the issues. I would have liked to bring it to a local repair shop but they said it had to be an Acura repair shop. Calabasas is about 45 minutes away but there was no way I was going to let Acura of Santa Monica touch my car a third time. I hadn't bothered to clean my car based on my last experience. When I got it back, the transmission was replaced, the radio was fixed, and a bunch of other issues were fixed at no charge. They let me know of some things that I knew I should fix (worn breaks) and since it was already in the shop and they were supplying me with a rental I asked them to fix it and they did for less than they quoted me a tad more than a local shop would charge but it was convenient at this point. The car came back pretty darn clean (far cleaner than I gave it to them!)

Very happy with the service in Calabasas - NEVER EVER AGAIN for Santa Monica
Old 04-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
Sweet, glad to hear your car was treated right by Calabasas.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Burning Brakes

Thanks - I'm glad to have my car running nearly as smoothly as when I purchased it.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:42 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live 5min away from the calabasas dealer. Small world!
Old 04-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Burning Brakes

Forever,

Nice area - wish I had brought my car there the first time; I wouldn't feel a little anger towards Acura. I realize Acura of Santa Monica dealership is representative of them all but it is hard not to feel a little anger towards Acura for whatever reason as their dealership messed up my car. Santa Monica Acura is now a place I'll remember for the damage they did so long as I drive an Acura.