A few quick questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A few quick questions...

Well I purchased my '03 TL-S yesterday and I am very happy so far... WDP, 37k on it, flawless except for a crack in the front bumper which I negotiated the price so I could buy a new bumper. So here are my questions:

- Where is the best place to buy a new bumper from? I went to www.acuraoemparts.com and they have an OEM bumper for $218 plus $13 shipping. Is this the best deal for an OEM bumper? Also, how much can I expect to pay to have it painted?

- Has anyone had any experience with this: Clear Bra, from Ebay? I have heard good things about them but do not know if these are cut exactly, etc... He does have full bras, for the bumper and mirrors as well I think.

- ONE MORE; My TL-S has black interior and the owner put some peices of the dash kit on, like this:

Is there any way to take this stuff off without a residue left on the dash? It matches well, its just not stock so I do not like it.

Thanks for all your help in advance.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Be kind to us truckers !

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For your bumper I'd just buy an OEM peice at the dealer ,and haggel on the price with parts guy , shop around first!!try( hartsautoparts.com)...you never know if your going to get an exact fitting bumper from elsewhere ...as for those peices on the Dash , use a Heat gun or a Hair dryer to warm the glue and pry off, then use an old T-shirt and spray some "WD-40" on it and (Wipe)that stuff should come off!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Congratulations on your TL-S purchase!

I purchased mine about 6 weeks ago, also had 37K miles. The cost of that new bumper doesn't sound bad, its the cost of painting & labor that could set you back some. Check around at some of your local body shops for a quote.

As far as the "clear bra" you described, I am a certified Scotchguard 3M brand Paint Protection Film installer. I just applied this product on the the hood, fender ends & behind the rear view mirrors on my TL-S.

For more info:
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3..._the/Consumer/

I do not recommend that you install this product yourself if you have never done it before. It is not an easy product to install, and takes skill & practice to do so. Creases, fingerprints, dirt, and air pockets are some of the problems you may encounter during an installation. If installed professionally, it is covered by a 5 year warranty fron 3M.

Hope that helps you out!
Old 03-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
Check this out: https://acurazine.com/forums/automotive-news-6/gm-says-many-powertrains-coming-%2A%2A2-8-liter-v-6-turbo-5-3-liter-v-8-fwds%2A%2A-155269/
Old 03-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 03TLS4me
I purchased mine about 6 weeks ago, also had 37K miles. The cost of that new bumper doesn't sound bad, its the cost of painting & labor that could set you back some. Check around at some of your local body shops for a quote.
How much will it cost to paint?

Originally Posted by 03TLS4me
As far as the "clear bra" you described, I am a certified Scotchguard 3M brand Paint Protection Film installer. I just applied this product on the the hood, fender ends & behind the rear view mirrors on my TL-S.

For more info:
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3..._the/Consumer/

I do not recommend that you install this product yourself if you have never done it before. It is not an easy product to install, and takes skill & practice to do so. Creases, fingerprints, dirt, and air pockets are some of the problems you may encounter during an installation. If installed professionally, it is covered by a 5 year warranty fron 3M.
There are none in my city... Does 3M make a kit or do the installers cut it to fit? Also how much does it cost to do, like for example where you put it on yours and the bumper as well?
Old 03-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
3M does not directly sell kits, authorized distributors sell the kits. They come pre-cut or an installer can trim them on-site.

For the TL upper front hood, fender ends & mirrors run $98.95 list.
The lower section pre-cut kit runs $206.95 list. You do not want to screwup on one of these, believe me!

That does not include installation. This product is not cheap, but does a great job protecting the front of any car. 3M warranties the film for 5 years from date of professional installation.

I have this film installed on the hood, fender ends & rear view mirrors. I plan on installing the lower section next. I also installed clear door edge guards on my car, which is also available.

Hope that helps you out!