Female driving Type-S

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 10:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking i saw her first!

man, i leave the board for a couple of days to retile the house, and the vultures are circling! the lady and i are gonna throw it down in sebring! all the rest of you wish you coulds, just step off!!! steve,
Old 04-23-2003, 10:32 AM
Pro

About four months ago, just south of I-10 on US-301 North florida heading southbound. Doing about 65 in a 55 zone, when this good looking lady passes me in a Blue TLs, Doing at least 80. What could I do, I turned the volume up on my V-1 and followed till she turn off to got to Gainesvile. If she is out there, I would like to just say, Thanks !! It was fun!
Old 04-23-2003, 11:13 AM
Racer

I used to race a woman driving a 540 every morning to work. We never met face to face, but we got on the freeway at the same point around the same time. We'd see each other, nod, and from that point, the race was on. What a turn on seeing a hot older woman in a business suit driving a nice car.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:14 PM
Racer

Wow, look what i started

A girl that can drive stick = SEXXXXY
Old 04-23-2003, 12:25 PM
10th Gear

LOL! So Type S Lady, who did the wrenching on your Civic? Was it a built B18C? N/A or F/I? I remember a female driver who was featured in SCC sometime last year -- fat chick in a red Civic, it wasn't very well done (ghetto), but I think she was in south Texas.

I culled out 300whp at 14psi from my built B18B (I did everything but the dyno tuning -- I even did the auto to 5spd swap myself, and man I'll never do that again). Turbo was fun, V8's and low 12sec 1320s were not a problem (but damn FWD traction). I'm having more fun now doing N/A (sold my turbo and built motor at a great price). So far only 180whp out of a stock B18B, but it gives a TL-S a run for its money (I get mid 14s). I lived around Gainesville most of my life and I miss Florida. I'm in Texas now. I was doing some engine surgery on my del Sol, so I decided to buy a TL as a backup car. Didn't need a TL-S. Nice package, but I just can't understand "4 door" and "performance" going together.

There is a local 1/8th mile track, so I decided to run my TL just for fun. Local all motor kids were running damn near 11's. My TL busted out with a 10.1 @ 69mph on the first pass (remember, 1/8th mile here, not full a quarter). Minor tire pressure adjustment (stock OEM tires), a little practice with the shiftronic, and I got it down to 9.9sec. On a good day, my del Sol ran it in 8.4 (300whp 2500lb Civic, versus ~210whp 3200lb TL).

BUT, my Civic had no A/C and it's very noisy (I've added resonators to reduce the exhaust noise, and I do run a full cat -- but even with the turbo slowing the exhaust gases, it was pretty darn loud at WOT). But my racing days are over since my fiance' is finally graduating from UCF. No more turbo, put the A/C back in, I might even switch to an LS tranny for the longer gearing, so I can run lower RPMs on the highway.

I did spray the exhaust piping on my TL with high temp black paint (1500degF engine paint) -- the piping under the car, not the tips. I was behind another TL once from a distance, as it turned, and I could see its exhaust piping (at least the part where it splits towards the two mufflers). The darn TL sits too high, an inch lower would be good (for handling too). Anyway, I thought it looked ugly how the exhaust was all exposed. Plus the paint protects more from corrosion (e.g. salt). Now I just need window tint and I'll be done with my mods
Old 04-23-2003, 01:11 PM
Drifting

I wish I could take the credit for doing the wrenching on my Civic but I hate dirt/grime under my nails. Mike at Extreme Motorsports and a dude name Shawn at Upgrade Performance. Nope, I ain't the "fat chick that drove a red Civic" in SCC, I believe I was the Feb. 02 and Dec. in SS magazine. Mine was a white Civic w/white wheels, I got into the "thirst for more horsepower" a little late into having my car. In the beginning I was more or less into the all show no go with red and grey leather, lowered with nice wheels and full body kit.

Soon after I realized I had one of very few fully tricked out Civics here, (Tallahassee is very small) it captured much attention and everyone wanted to race me. I was still in college and couldn't afford much so I saved up and got a B18 shipped over w/Skunk2 ECU and only got as far porting and polishing the head, intake manifolds, catback, CAI, ACT clutch, short shifter and a decent sound system. (How in the world did you do w/o AC in FLORIDA)? I was always careful to choose my battles carefully because I didn't have anything that serious under the hood.

After graduating I paid off my bills and sold my car (after barely just barely getting beat by a LS/VTEC Integra). Losing that race I almost completely immersed myself into going all out on this motor. Which meant more money, more time, and more tickets. I realized unless you have some serious flow it is a never ending project. So I sold it on Ebay and got a nice penny for it which has afforded me to chill in my TLS. I had a lot of fun with that car, people still can't believe I got rid of it but it was time. I have tons of pictures, and saved my magazine clippings because that's something I will probably never do again.

You know I was noticing the exhaust piping on my car and it isn't very discreet. But I like it, to me it screams come and get me if you think you can. :p
Old 04-23-2003, 03:43 PM
Comptech Freak

Originally posted by Type S Lady
High enough to put yo shot back in your face.
eat some spalding!!!
Old 04-23-2003, 03:49 PM
Hall of Famer

TL S Lady, how old are you and do you goto FSU?
Old 04-23-2003, 04:22 PM
Drifting

Shiffy, I'm 25 and finished at FSU 2002.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:22 PM
Hall of Famer

oh cool, im 18 and going to TCC in the fall.
Old 04-24-2003, 07:47 AM
Drifting

That's cool, I started at TCC, I will say it's a really good community college. I hope you have an alarm on your car because they've had a recent problem with Acuras/Hondas slipping away. Put it on lock!
Old 04-24-2003, 08:43 AM
10th Gear

WHAT!? Don't like getting dirt under your nails? D'oh! Yeah, you gotta get dirty if you're gonna wrench :p

I got sponsored by a local machine shop, who let me use all their equipment to build my engine. So I got the port and polish, cylinder hone, five angle valve job, new valve guides + valves, H-beam Eagle rods, dishes pistons, ARP head studs, the works, all for free (I had to buy the parts, I just got free labor for the machine work, then I assembled the engine). I didn't get the turbo till I moved here to Texas. After going thru 3 automatic transmissions, that's when I decided to go 5spd (99 Civic Si 5spd tranny, close gear ratios, lightend flywheel, VERY little turbo lag -- but I did like my automatic/turbo setup, MUCH easier to launch and very consistant 1/4s). I ended up taking the A/C out around then, because I wanted to re-route the A/C lines (they were sitting right next to the HOT turbo, and were a tight fit around the Fluidyne radiator). But I found having no A/C made more room for a boost controller and an oil cooler. I also relocated the battery into the trunk, to make room for a Moroso crankcase breather. Fuel management was done with a Hondata, tuned at Alamo Autosports (here in Texas). It was a very reliable 300whp setup that managed 28mpg! And the car didn't look bad either -- Enkei wheels, and brand new Grand Prix White paint because some lady rear ended me with her truck.

Having no A/C wasn't that bad. It only really sucked when it rained, because the windows would fog up really bad (very thick, I had to pull over once because I couldn't see at all out the front window).

But like you said, it does get expensive and time consuming. I almost went to the next step -- which would be getting built axles ($1000), 750cc injectors, doubled valve springs (to spin up to 9k rpms), get the block sleeved and bored ($1000), get 84mm pistons, add a GS-R head (the GS-R head flows much better than the LS head -- but NOT because it has VTEC -- in fact, what I'd do is lock the VTEC pins together, so basically it is in VTEC all the time -- not as fuel efficient, but it waste effort engaging/disengaging VTEC, especially on a turbo car), add an Endyne intake manifold ($1200), and push 20+ psi and make close to 480whp easy. But I brought myself back to reality and decided I wanted to keep the del Sol as a daily driver. Sure, with a boost controller, you can dial down the boost, and run a more practical amount of power on the highway (at 20psi all the time, you'd go thru tires and head gaskets pretty quick). But this kind of project had been done before (that's also why I liked my auto/B18B in a Civic setup -- no one else had that!). But instead of selling the car, I just scaled back, and kept it as my daily driver. But I'm thinking about trying a supercharger later (hey, I'm an Engineer, what can I say.... BTW, I'm 25 too).

Hmm... How is this TL related? I've wondered if it would be possible to take the intake manifold from a TL-S and put it on a TL. Might have to change out ECU's also. I think I read where the only difference between the TL and TL-S (engine wise) is that the TL-S has a dual runner intake manifold (like the Integra GS-R had, but the higher end ITR did not, neither did the LS). There would be some valve or solenoid that activates the second runner -- I'm not sure if it's controlled by the ECU, or just a vacuum pressure activated switch. I wonder if anyone has looked into that.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:31 AM
Drifting

Dang, you really did go all out. Yeah, it was obvious around here what when Civics put H22's as replacements. Everytime it rained their windows would be really foggy. For a daily driver in Florida, just not worth it. It just gets to darn hot.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:08 PM
Hall of Famer

you really think i should get an aftermarket alarm? Is there a big problem up there...
Old 04-24-2003, 03:15 PM
Drifting

I do, my cousin just had his Accord stolen between classes. His wasn't the first in recent thefts there.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:31 PM
Hall of Famer

i have the stock alarm system..is that sufficient? and what system do you have?
Old 04-24-2003, 08:14 PM
10th Gear

Shiffy: For my del Sol (Civic), I just put in an alarm from www.commandoalarms.com I got the cheapest one they sell (like $40), installed it myself in a couple hours. The cheap one I got has the siren, motion detector, and two keyless entry remotes. You also need the solenoids for the doors, but it really is easy. For ~$180, they have a fancy alarm that has an FM pager and an LCD display with like a 2 mile range that tells you someone is messing with your car. I'm not that paranoid, and I've good insurance, so the cheap alarm was fine for me. It has the omninous blinking red LED also, which I mounted on top of the dash. Might help to get the HAYNES manual for your Civic to get the wiring diagrams at an auto shop (PepBoys, AutoZone, etc). For wiring diagrams, I like the Haynes manual better than the HELMS shop manual. Or just pay $200 for a local shop to do it (just I'm more of a Do It Yourself kind of person).

http://www.commandoalarms.com

Are you sure you have a factory alarm? A friend of mine has a '96 Civic, and it really just has remote keyless entry, but it doesn't have an alarm. He got his window broken and radio stolen not too long ago. The guy must have used a screwdriver or something to pry on the window until it shattered. It was like 2 in the morning.

It is amazing how easy 92-95 Civic's are to break into. I've had to do it a couple times on my Civic since I locked the keys in the car. Another thing you can do is add a fuel cut off switch. I don't want to give all the details here on a public forum, but it's very easy. At our Honda Meets every month, we're always showing new people who to do it. It won't prevent people from stealing your radio, or towing the car away, but they won't be able to jump start it since it won't get any fuel...
Old 04-24-2003, 09:16 PM
Hall of Famer

its not a civic its a 2003 TL and im pretty sure it has an alarm b/c when my windows are down and my friend pulls the door locks up...there is a loud sound that goes off...i think they call it an alarm.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:39 PM
10th Gear

Shiffy: Ah! I got lost and thought you were talking about an old Civic that you used for school. Sorry about that I think the TL is pretty secure from the factory. I don't know if they all have this, but mine has the etches windows, security system with the LED light to show when its active, immobilizer key -- pretty much a harder car to steal (of course not impossible). I think the main is just keep the car low key (the TL is anyway) and keep your stuff stored out of sight.

I wouldn't let an aftermarket stereo/alarm shop defile my TL But, maybe it would be a good idea to search for "theft" or "stolen" on this forum, and see if it's been a problem for anyone else in a TL...