Excelerate Performance: INGALLS Engine Torque Damper Groupbuy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 06:35 PM
2003 TL-p

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
^ your missing a lot of stuff. wow.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:37 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
yea. i just looks at others pics, not fuckin liking this. and i was all amped up to install it now
Old 09-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by ANC297
Hill Descent.

And would it be alright to install this with a shot side and front mount for approx. 2 weeks, until I get my new mounts...
I wouldnt waste my time, you will have to remove it to do the side mount. Id do it all at once.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by Rajca
yea. i just looks at others pics, not fuckin liking this. and i was all amped up to install it now
Could be worse
Old 09-01-2010, 09:58 PM
It's the Halladay season!

Received 110 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Could be worse
Yep, could've been an extra set of brackets and bolts, and no dampener...
Old 09-01-2010, 10:06 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

i just want a complete kit. i cant even bolt down the bracket bc im missing a bolt, and missing all the nuts and the strut tower bracket. im really unhappy at the moment
Old 09-01-2010, 11:16 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ǝdʎʇ uɐɔ ı

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Rajca
i just want a complete kit. i cant even bolt down the bracket bc im missing a bolt, and missing all the nuts and the strut tower bracket. im really unhappy at the moment
Phone him up!
Old 09-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Told Ya'LL...DYNASTY !!

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
yea raj your def missing a good amount of stuff... those few bolts you got didnt come in a bag like in my pics??... i gotta agree wasnt really packaged well for shipping.. my box was pretty much falling apart when i got it nevermind a shipping label jus slapped on the box so everyone knew what was inside.. wouldnt be surprised if a shipping employee went through it or something, and couldnt get it all out in time!
Old 09-02-2010, 04:52 AM
wham bam thank you ma'am

well one of the flaps from the box (dont know what its called, but it tucks into the box when u close it) was ripped off and inside the box, box was a bit beat up. bolts were just in the box in no bag. the etd was in a bubble wrap bag. thats all. quite disappointed if u ask me. lets see what other members get. i already pmed excelerate
Old 09-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Bonki' Ehrite!

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
I was quite dissappointed in the packaging as well. Very poorly packaged.
The brackets are beat up pretty bad.

The design of the mount is quality though.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:34 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Got mine 2 days ago and started taking the side mount bolts out from the block ear and got 12 solid turns on one of the bolts (backed out a lot) and it fucking snapped in half. Had to drill that SOB out, retapped it and used a shorter bolt as the EDT bolt felt too tight going in (same size bolt, just longer than what I used). I used the old mount bolt. Had to remove crusie conrol module, power steering pulley to get a good shot at the thing. Really sucked, but I'm happy with the ETD. It was easy to install otherwise and is high quality. Shifts seem quicker, no clunking in reverse and acceleration seems more linear. I didn't get a chance to jump on it much and it was super hot today so any difference in acceleration wasn't experienced. I plan on jumping on it a few times tomorrow from a stop and seeing the real difference.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:24 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by sbuswell
Got mine 2 days ago and started taking the side mount bolts out from the block ear and got 12 solid turns on one of the bolts (backed out a lot) and it fucking snapped in half. Had to drill that SOB out, retapped it and used a shorter bolt as the EDT bolt felt too tight going in (same size bolt, just longer than what I used). I used the old mount bolt. Had to remove crusie conrol module, power steering pulley to get a good shot at the thing. Really sucked, but I'm happy with the ETD. It was easy to install otherwise and is high quality. Shifts seem quicker, no clunking in reverse and acceleration seems more linear. I didn't get a chance to jump on it much and it was super hot today so any difference in acceleration wasn't experienced. I plan on jumping on it a few times tomorrow from a stop and seeing the real difference.
seems like the previous bolt had possibly been cross threaded before...
Old 09-02-2010, 10:40 PM
is the Mighty Favog

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for reminding me to go back and check the torque of the engine bracket (33 lbs.). I now think I had them in a bit tight.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:38 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ǝdʎʇ uɐɔ ı

really the clunk issue dissipates!
wow!
Thats great!
Mine does that regularly so im looking forward to having that solved!
Old 09-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Rajca, as I said to you in the email, we'll get it worked out. Apparently UPS damaged the box. I would have noted that when signing for the package but we should probably issue a claim.

Also, I'm a little disappointed in the responses to our efforts with this GB. I can't offer the lowest price, ship the parts before getting all the orders we needed, and offer really low shipping costs. In the future, we'll just charge more so we can re-package everything, buy additional packaging, and pay someone for the additional time to package. In my opinion, the packing is fine from the factory and if UPS mishandled a box or two then that is UPS's fault.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:08 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

I sent u an email last night excelerate.
The box was a bit beat up, what caught my eye was one of the ears/flaps of the box was ripped off and put inside the box then taped up and shipped. Parts were all loose in the box. I just want the rest of my hardware
Old 09-03-2010, 01:22 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ǝdʎʇ uɐɔ ı

Also thx for the bold heads up... i was thinking of getting some WD40 or 3M/silicone on them and now im doing it for sure as i dont get mine till the 8th.

_____

So excelerate, if my package looks beat up, double check everything with the ups guy and don't sign if its not all there?
Old 09-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Told Ya'LL...DYNASTY !!

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
they was no signing for the package for me... they just left the box on my step, no one was even home... not bashing you excelerate, cause ive personally never had a bad experience with anythng i bought from you, and your service and prices have always been top notch, thats why i continue to do business with you!!!.. just saying the packaging didnt hold up.. ups dropped the ball on that one
Old 09-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Excelerate
Rajca, as I said to you in the email, we'll get it worked out. Apparently UPS damaged the box. I would have noted that when signing for the package but we should probably issue a claim.

Also, I'm a little disappointed in the responses to our efforts with this GB. I can't offer the lowest price, ship the parts before getting all the orders we needed, and offer really low shipping costs. In the future, we'll just charge more so we can re-package everything, buy additional packaging, and pay someone for the additional time to package. In my opinion, the packing is fine from the factory and if UPS mishandled a box or two then that is UPS's fault.
??

The parts were all loose in the box. This is not fine by anyones standards. There was a peice of bubble wrap with nothing in it. If I knew it was going to be packaged so poorly I would have paid $35 more to get it locally. Though it did arrive quickly, that was nice.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:54 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

The etd was in a bubble wrap bag. Everything else was loose in the small box
Old 09-03-2010, 08:43 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
My packaging was fine and parts were in perfect shape. Very happy with the purchase. XLR8 is a very good and reputable place to buy parts. I've never had a problem with him or Heeltoe. Always get exactly what I hoped for.

My side mount bolt (1 of 2) was absolutely cross threaded and was never coming out. I spreaded penatrating oil on it let it soak for 45mins and it didn't do a damn thing. My motor was very hot also so heat wouldn't have got me ahead of the game much. Drilling and retapping was the only solution.

It has stopped the reverse clunk. 2 days of driving it now and I feel a difference and it's good. Now I need to get a new front mount, cut it open and fill it with poly, wait a week and then replace my front mount. I'll probably feel a bigger difference then.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
I got mine Thursday nite. The box look great an they added alot tape around top around to keep from pop up. I can say I'm very happy with my purchase from Excelerate (Josh)
Old 09-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Advanced

I had no troubles with the bolts that were in the ETD kit. Make sure that all the brackets are aligned, or else you will cross thread the bolt and get in a world of trouble. I didn't have to use any WD or silicone.
I had more trouble fitting the bracket by the strut bar, instructions didn't tell me what to loosen to get that stock strut bar off (although I figured it out on my own). Like Tom Blasing said, loosen the top bolts in the cowl and it should be gravy.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:25 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ǝdʎʇ uɐɔ ı

Originally Posted by kbye
I had no troubles with the bolts that were in the ETD kit. Make sure that all the brackets are aligned, or else you will cross thread the bolt and get in a world of trouble. I didn't have to use any WD or silicone.
I had more trouble fitting the bracket by the strut bar, instructions didn't tell me what to loosen to get that stock strut bar off (although I figured it out on my own). Like Tom Blasing said, loosen the top bolts in the cowl and it should be gravy.
Sounds good!
I gave them a shot of WD40 just in case today.
The order got pushed back a day to the 9th...
Old 09-04-2010, 09:19 PM
291hp & 245 tq @ 3.5psi

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The package definitely need bubble wrap the two plates or have more tape tape over the box. Mine got rip on the side of the package but luckily did not missing anything. Because of the two plates freely moving around inside the box during shipping, I think it's the cause to rip the box open.
The quality of the product is GREAT! Love it. Install is easy and can feel the car little stiffer when making turn.
Oh, there is no signature when receive the package which is fine by me.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Racer

Anyone install the "stiffy" w/ the neuspeed strut bar? I just got mine the other day and was looking at the mounting bracket on the strut tower. I don't think the strut bar can be installed at the same time as the stiffy, the bolt is not long enough.

Hmm any suggestion?
Old 09-06-2010, 11:12 AM
wham bam thank you ma'am

i would have installed it, but im missing pieces. and i got ksports so my bolts are longer already
Old 09-06-2010, 09:41 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by tweedle99
Anyone install the "stiffy" w/ the neuspeed strut bar? I just got mine the other day and was looking at the mounting bracket on the strut tower. I don't think the strut bar can be installed at the same time as the stiffy, the bolt is not long enough.

Hmm any suggestion?
i think civicdrivr has
Old 09-06-2010, 10:06 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ǝdʎʇ uɐɔ ı

Originally Posted by tweedle99

Hmm any suggestion?
I think you trim it to size
He has some sort of template to follow i think if that's the issue.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by XxXboboXxX
yea raj your def missing a good amount of stuff... those few bolts you got didnt come in a bag like in my pics??... i gotta agree wasnt really packaged well for shipping.. my box was pretty much falling apart when i got it nevermind a shipping label jus slapped on the box so everyone knew what was inside.. wouldnt be surprised if a shipping employee went through it or something, and couldnt get it all out in time!

My box looked so bad the first thing I did was take some pics before opening it up as I expected missing parts and or damaged parts. Good news is that all parts were there and no damage.

That said, they need to come up with better packaging for shipping. I've noticed overall that I've gotten too many packages with damage. I'm still waiting for a replacement strut that looked to have damage from shipping.

Ruf
Old 09-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Bonki' Ehrite!

Installed. Very happy with it, it feels great!
Old 09-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by thelastaspec
I think you trim it to size
He has some sort of template to follow i think if that's the issue.
Thought about that but then you would end up only using 3 mounting holes instead of 4.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:51 AM
wham bam thank you ma'am

i think 3's more than enough
Old 09-07-2010, 07:24 AM
2000 acura tl FPR

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Installed. Very happy with it, it feels great!
thats what she said
Old 09-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Bonki' Ehrite!

I put about 30 miles on it since installing it last night...

You definitely feel a difference. Everything feels better, acceleration, braking, shifts are a lot quicker and smoother.
It might be in my head, but handling feels slightly, slightly better. Much cleaner and tighter feel all around.

I would recommend getting it to anyone.

Installation was extremely easy, took about 45 minutes for me, and I dropped a nut into the cowling which I had to fish out.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:49 AM
is the Mighty Favog

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You definitely feel a difference. Everything feels better, acceleration, braking, shifts are a lot quicker and smoother.
It might be in my head, but handling feels slightly, slightly better. Much cleaner and tighter feel all around.
...and I thought it was because I bled the rear brakes for the first time.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:36 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ǝdʎʇ uɐɔ ı

Whattt??? I just got billed 56$ by UPS!!! for my delivery?????
Old 09-08-2010, 08:34 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ǝdʎʇ uɐɔ ı

Called UPS
Thank god, fee just got taken off.
For some reason my package didn't make it through customs and it had to be opened or something.
The girl I got was really really helpful i gotta say, she sounded like 22.
I was worried as I paid a lot in shipping to begin with! - And i even just got standard!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:43 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ǝdʎʇ uɐɔ ı

Damn, still gotta pay 12$ in tax...
I want this sorted out...
Old 09-08-2010, 10:02 PM
2000 acura tl FPR

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
installed

Quick Reply: Excelerate Performance: INGALLS Engine Torque Damper Groupbuy!!!