Everyone Read This...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 06:55 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone Read This...

****NEVER GO TO MIAMI ACURA FOR ANY TYPE OF SERVICE*****

I took my car there, because my transmission blew on my 02 TLS with 4800 miles on it. I dropped it off and the "porter" and I walked around my car marking down the 2 things wrong with my car. My car WAS mint except for a few paint chips from driving. Now my left exhaust pipe is dented and pushed it, and the lower part of the bumper area is scratched... I brought it to the attention of the service manager (Frank Perez) and he said that it was there before I brought the car in, and that there was no way that the porter could see the damage without putting the car up on a lift. I said Bull $hit you can stand 10 feet away and see the freaking damage. He stood his ground and said there was nothing that he could do because the damage was already there. I called Acura and they said that there was nothing that they could do because the dealership is not owned by Acura. I filed a claim with them and I also filed a complaint with the BBB of South East Florida. Anyone else have a Fvcked up experiance like this one???

Thanks,

Kegrun

PS. I have a copy of the damage report sheet that they took before taking my car in for service.
Old 06-17-2002, 08:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

well if u have the damage report then id say you have a case.
Old 06-17-2002, 09:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

FVCK THAT A$$HOLE SERVICE MNGR! THAT TAKES

BALLS! what a d*ck! bad enough the tranny went! kav, you need to see the owner of whatever that place is anyway? esserman nissan, acura, douchebags?! it's like a cluster fvck of dealerships! i'm not surprised that corporate is distancing itself because of ownership? your tranny is covered , but they have no proof regarding the body damage on premises?. this guy frank perez is a real a$$hole, he knows it happened there! plus with what happened to you & the tranny , this guy should bend over backwards to accomodate you!!!. how bad could the damage be? it doesn't sound so bad? very uncool! contact the fl state dept of banking and finance, they will tell you how many complaints that dealer has had with the bbb! something the bbb won't do! call me , i have the #! gee, i wonder why i have that #? sorry for your aggravation, i had my own at the dealer today too! not related to the dealer! my dealership is cool! i have had a 10 year multi-acura great relationship with RICK CASE ACURA!!! ask RON A. they take excellent care of me/us! and he was getting hooked up with the PHAT silver RL loaner today!!! stylin!!! no pontiac grand am! no what i mean? sofla, RCA is the only way! IMHO... kman
Old 06-17-2002, 09:39 PM
Instructor

I agree, I also bought my car from rick case and they are a nice bunch of people. If I were you I'd get a lawyer on that crap, cause thats just a mega case of BULL SH*T!!! Dam people were probably joy ridin in you car or something and caused the damage!!
Old 06-18-2002, 03:51 AM
Racer

Try going on Judge Judy or Judge Joe Brown.

Since you have the documentation that says the damage was not there prior to drop off, then I say you have a strong case.

Anyways, good luck with the whole thing.
Old 06-18-2002, 01:08 PM
Acura TL-S

Originally posted by ymckoon
Try going on Judge Judy or Judge Joe Brown.

Since you have the documentation that says the damage was not there prior to drop off, then I say you have a strong case.

Anyways, good luck with the whole thing.
thats not a bad idea, but just any small claims court will do i think
Old 06-18-2002, 01:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Sucks man!
Old 06-18-2002, 01:29 PM
Instructor

i agree dont EVER GO TO MIAMI ACURA--- when i was looking into getting my car, the said that the lease for a tl-s w/o navi would be 560 a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i then went to countyline acura-- by pro player stadium... im paying much much much less!!!!!!!!!!

fxck miami acura
Old 06-18-2002, 01:35 PM
Instructor

Estimate::::

I called Rick Case today to get an estimate of the damage. They parts dept.:

Muffler--213.24
Tip-- 41.32
Pipe-- 245.00
Install-- 120.00

Total: 619.56

Then I have to get the bumper painted which will be 372.00

For a grand total of: 991.56

I don't want Miami Acura to fix it I want Rick Case to fix it.

That sucks that the only other Acura Dealer around me is Rick Case that is like an hour away!

Oh well,

I will make the drive for service and respect.

Late,

Kegrun
Old 06-18-2002, 02:27 PM
Advocatus Diaboli

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1. Hold on to your documentation
2. Take detailed pictures
3. Go to small claims, sue for damages. It's very simple. If you can read and write in English, you can do it.

Damages can = actual damages plus punitives (up to a total of $6000 in most states) for time lost from work, etc. Document everything.
Old 06-18-2002, 03:04 PM
Instructor

kavi---- (is that how you spell your name)... check out acura of south florida, its by pro player... also, for the price to fix the muffler and tip, i would just get aftermarket and put in a little bit more... when we met, you were thinking of getting exhaust... anyways take it easy

the number to acura of south florida is 305 681 2424... i would check them out, to see if it would be any less than rick case...

take it easy

melo-
Old 06-18-2002, 03:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Did you file a claim with your auto insurance company?
Old 06-18-2002, 09:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

I think Esserman Acura is not the same as Acura of Miami.

I had a tire blowout a few weeks ago and took my TL-S to Esserman. It is near my workplace. They were quite professional I think and did a good job replacing the tire. Their price was better than Tirerack.

Esserman Acura is by the International Mall, where 836 and Florida Turnpike meet.
Old 06-18-2002, 09:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: FVCK THAT A$$HOLE SERVICE MNGR! THAT TAKES

Originally posted by kman156
ask RON A. they take excellent care of me/us! and he was getting hooked up with the PHAT silver RL loaner today!!! stylin!!! no pontiac grand am! no what i mean? sofla, RCA is the only way! IMHO... kman
The RL is decent, but it's several years behind the competition. And slow as hell. But it was roomy, comfortable and quiet and I was really happy to be driving that versus a Grand Am or the like.

Kegrun: I'm sorry to hear about your BS problem with Miami Acura. Rick Case will take care of you. Though they're likely all good, if you haven't already spoken with a service advisor I suggest speaking with Paul Santamaria. He's very professional and personable and has always gone out of his way to accomodate me. He's one of the few people (and Rick Case is one of the few dealerships) that I would not hesitate to recommend to a friend.
Old 06-18-2002, 10:05 PM
Pro

Richard Colliver - Executive Vice President
Mike Spencer - Manager, Public Relations

American Honda Motor Company, Inc.
191 Torrance Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90501-2476

It's bad enough that an Acura dealer would treat you like this, but it's even worse that Acura isn't doing a damn thing to help you. Who cares who owns the freaking dealership, they carry Acuras, and Acura should give a damn and help a customer who has been treated like dirt by any dealer.

Take pictures, document everything, then write the people above with the details. Send a copy to Miama Acura, and make sure everyone you write knows you're letting THOUSANDS of current and potential Acura owners know what happened here on ACURA-TL.COM.

See how quick your phone starts ringing.
Old 06-19-2002, 02:35 AM
Instructor

When my 97 Tl Got smashed in an accident State farm told me to drop it off at the local Acura Dealer on Countyline Road & 441 In Hollywood, FL I had a Amp im my trunk so I didn't take it out. But I Locked the trunk lock in the arm rest and locked the trunk release button. Gave the keys to the service parts manager and left.

Once the Car finally got to the body shop 2 days later the amp was gone perfectly scredwed out and no sign like it was even there. and everything still locked up.... Servive dept. manager stood there looking at me dumbfounded...

I dont Like South FLA Acura Dealers period...