Is the Emerald Green an unwanted color?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2001, 02:14 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Is the Emerald Green an unwanted color?

I've noticed that Silver and Black or the two colors of choice. I wont by black again just because every and I mean every black car I've own has been involved in some sort of accident. I love the Silver but I want Parchment. I was thinking Blue, but then we have another interior issue. Therefore my choices are white or green. Any thoughts or opinions. I plan on purchasing when the new shipments begin to come in.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Old 05-13-2001, 04:00 PM
Instructor

Must be
Old 05-13-2001, 06:04 PM
Banned

Thats funny that you say all ur black cars are like bad luck... beacuse white cars in our family are bad luck, so i ended up getting a black tl-s, But the white looks soo nice in the TL-S, plus i like the ebony interior better than the tan....
Old 05-13-2001, 07:57 PM
Pro

I would have loved Aegean Blue and Parchment, but no dice. So I went the Silver/Ebony route based on a friend's comment that silver cars don't show dirt and scratches as much as dark cars do (like my old green Grand Cherokee that had every panel scratched!)
Old 05-13-2001, 08:16 PM
Pro

Smile

I really thought I'd be getting the Green (that's the color I just left). The day I purchased, I looked at the Black, Green and White and am still surprised that the White was the one I purchased (WDP/Parchment). Try to look at all the colors in the same lot at the same time. One will impress you the most. Good luck in deciding!
Old 05-13-2001, 09:29 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Green is sweet and with the parchment interior it looks very slick. I'll vote for Green; but I've got Satin Silver/Ebony

------------------
'02 Acura TL-S
Satin Silver/Ebony, w/out NAV
Old 05-13-2001, 11:52 PM
Drifting

actually the blue and green should be very sought after colors since they are tl-s specific. but personally, i don't think green looks at that great (no offense to anyone) especially if you mod it too.

you could be right in that assessment.

i like the wdp as much as the abp...really tough! but i gotta go with the abp since it's tl-s specific. i also like the way the color changes with the light.
Old 05-14-2001, 12:24 AM
Instructor

Talking

I did my test drive in the white and when we got back to the lot I saw the green parked in front. I went for the green but the white was a close second. I thought I'd never buy a white car but the white in the TL looks very nice, I think.

Jim

------------------
2002 Type-S Dark Emerald Pearl Non-Nav
Old 05-14-2001, 04:29 AM
Advanced

I'm torn between the wdp and the black myself, but I want the parchment interior with nav. Every car with nav seems to have the black interior here in NJ.
Old 05-14-2001, 04:10 PM

Wink

Your question is "Is the Emerald Green an unwanted color?" Well, let me tell you, it's not like the dealers are giving deep discounts to get people to drag them off the lot! There's always a market for any color of car. Look at some of the colors out there. I personally like the DEP and that's the one I bought. Very happy and no regrets with the color at all. Just like the people who buy the green BMW's, Mercedes, Lexus and so on so forth. It's what we like and wanted. Any other questions?
Old 05-14-2001, 04:22 PM
Intermediate

Cool

I saw the Green TL-S in the showroom (no rear spoiler/underbody). It looked very classy. The extra fake wood looked good with the interior too. The dealer said they could add whatever I wanted on it.

But, the car was next to the Aegean Blue TL-S. Not as conservative as the Green, but Green was my second choice since there's not too many of them around.

------------------
2002 TL-S, Aegean Blue Pearl/Ebony, rear spoiler, underbody, Xtra Bowling Ball!
Old 05-14-2001, 04:43 PM

i bought the black w/parchment, and my brother in law bought the green w/parchment (we both opted for the parchment because we thought the black fake wood looked even more fake than the brown fake wood). They both look great - I give him the edge because EVERY other TL-S and CL-S I've seen is Black, so far.

Like they say, deciding whether your TL-S will be black or green is a "good problem to have."
Old 05-14-2001, 11:28 PM
Advanced

i tend to think white stands out a lot more than green. Green is fine lookin, but the white really looks amazing with the new HID headlghts during the day when the white is visible. However, i guess with passed experience, 2 of my uncles in the past have owned cars with the tan leather interior and both of those light coloured interiors looked really old and dirty after about 5 years in the car and he's one who takes pretty good care of his car...but he had to sell it because the interior looked more like a dark tan or even grey after ony about 5 years....
Old 05-15-2001, 12:21 PM
Instructor

I have a DEP and I love it. It is almost black, but has a hint of color. Many people mistaken the color for black when they first see it. But then, the vibrant undertones of the green really make it a classy color. My opnion is, even though I love the Blue, I think that this color will always be a classic car color and won't look dated in a few years. I decided between the WDP and the DEP and was kind of torn. The WDP was definately a great color and I still think about it. But I love the green. It's also fairly unique since everyone has a silver or black
Old 05-15-2001, 01:15 PM

Thumbs up

I love the DEP especially with the parchment interior. When your choosing a color you have think about the interior too and if they go together and I think the DEP/Parchment combination is sweet and that's why I chose it. Like the Aegean Blue, the Emerald Green changes color with the sunlight which is another added attraction.
Old 05-15-2001, 01:46 PM
Banned

I was torn between the green and the silver. I went with the silver because it's easier to keep clean and it just looks sportier. The green was a close second - definitely a different look, though. A little more classy than sporty.

The thing with green cars is they tend to go through cycles of popularity. I think they are currently out of style, but they will probably be popular again in a couple years, which will make your car look younger than it is.
Old 05-24-2001, 09:25 AM

I have a DEP and love it -- in some light it looks black, some green, and sometimes casts a bit of blue. My first choice was the ABP but the wife didn't like it. Settled on black until I saw the green. I just think it's more eye catching.
Old 05-24-2001, 09:32 AM
Instructor

I liked the DEP, but my last two cars were of the Dark Emerald variety. It's a great color. If it were the Taffeta White that's available on the CL-S, I would have bought that. The WDP has too much of a yellowish tint for me, IMHO.

------------------
2002 TL Type S
Nighthawk Black Pearl
Black interior
Old 05-24-2001, 06:12 PM

Just had to let everyone know that...I LOVE MY DEP TL-S!!! Went to the dealer today to get my first oil change and window recall repair made and checked out the lot while I was there. There were plenty of silver, black and white TL-S but not one green one. I feel that I am certainly driving the rare jewel here. They had one Aegean Blue on the lot and, of course, it had a big SOLD on the windshield. But like I've said before, no matter what color you have, it's an awesome car. My dealership got rid of all of their Integras as loaners so they gave me a new 2001 CL to drive around (only had 1,800 miles on it). It was okay. Just not partial to 2-doors. The seats were definitely more bolstered. Glad to own a TL for sure!
Old 05-24-2001, 06:33 PM

Jeremy,

I say go with the WDP verses DEP. Both look great, but the lighter color shows the dirt less. I have the DEP on my Accord and it is dusty the day after I wash it...not helped by living in Arizona either. Either way, you can lose...it is a great car! Good luck!

Jeff