EDFC Install , need some help..

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 12:41 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EDFC Install , need some help..

OK so i attempted to do the install last night , but i was wondering were you guy that have it , ran the wires threw ??? I have seen where some people have mounted the unit , but i need a little help on where to run the wires threw for a clean install..Any pics or help would be great..Thanks in advanced..

leeo
Old 04-14-2004, 03:48 PM
TL-S driver

I was going to do it myself but it seems like WAY too much work. I do know there is a hole that leads into the cabin right near the pedals. After that you need to run the wires under the carpeting. I was told not to run them through the side because there's already wires there and shouldn't messed with by moving things around. You need to take the seats out, the center console and the rear seats and the trunk lining. Yeah, too much work for me. Good luck installing, let me know how it comes out.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:59 PM
Racer

Whenever I got mine installed, installer had hard time finding the way to bring the wires from engine compartment to the cabin. If my memory is correct, they ran it with the air-conditioning lines or something like that.

Here is where my EDFC unit is mounted:

Old 04-14-2004, 09:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Didnt take pics during my install, but this is definitely a process that will take several hours, so Id do it on a day you will be free all day long.

I ran my wires from the front shocks through a plug in the firewall that is located above the gas pedal. It was a plug about 1-1.5 inches thick made of a really dense foam. If you lay on your back on the drivers side of the floorboard, its a few inches above the gas pedal. I stuck a screwdriver in it, and levered it out.

Once passed through there, I ran all the wires to the passenger side through spaces behind the airvents for your feet. Theres plenty of room for the wires to pass through there. My control box is located in my glove box. I took the glove box off, drilled a hole in the back of it, passed all the wires through the hole. Excess wire is under the carpet on the passenger side, way up where people never really put there feet, although under the carpets and mats, youd never feel it anyway.

For the rear units, you need to take apart the rear deck, and remove the rear seats. I also removed the center console in between the front 2 seats. I put the rear motors in, and taped all the wiring to the cars frame so there wouldnt be any rattling. I ran the wires down the center, and using a metal coat hanger, I snaked the wiring under the carpet to the center console area. Then I ran the wiring to the glove box.

Those are the highlites, post if you have any more questions. You cant tell I have the EDFC unless you open the glove box, or see the motors under the hood. All the wires are completely hidden. Id recommend a helper, passing wires is alot easier with a second person.