Driving Event in Pahrump Nevada

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2002, 09:12 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving Event in Pahrump Nevada

Since I sometimes lurk here, I thought I would pass this along. Its a chance to get some track experience along with some good driving skills for the street.
The Quattro Club along with Ronal Wheels has sponsored this Drivers School. Since all of the cars out there are getting more and more HP, events like this tighten the loose nut behind the wheel.
You do not need to have an Audi, I do belive you would have to join the Quattro Club , something like $45. Its a Two day event. You will have one on one instructors for both days. They rotate you thru various scenarios, classroom, slalom, braking, accident avoidance and track time.
Just an FYI and I hope the link works. Might be worth considering, alot of us are going from the LA/OC area. I did this event last year and it was very helpful. Also have attended the Alfa Romeo Clubs event at Streets of Willow, another good driving school. You can learn how your car handles and what it can and cant do. It just might save you out there on the street.
Just though it would be nice to get different cars out there and have fun. Last year we had M3's, Camaro's, Vw's. If anyone in the Orange County area wants more info let me know. Sorry to take up some space here. DIdnt know if Acura does these types of things?

http://www.ronalusa.com/pahrump02.html
Old 03-04-2002, 12:14 PM
Advanced

c'mon you Orange County TL-S's. Would be fun to see some there. Good learning experience and in a safe environment. Last year Pirelli put on a little buffet and free booze Friday Night. I know there are some modded TL's out here, and this would be a great way to feel how the car rally handles and responds.
Again its not a timed or race event, its a drivers school. One on one instructors and small run groups. Lets get that 4 door beast out on the course.
Old 03-04-2002, 02:29 PM
Pro

No time to reply....I'm leaving right now.
See ya'll there in...32 hours. Be sure to save a spot for me.