door speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Always a Honda =Þ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
door speakers

i bought these speakers....cheap logics shyts..definetly dont want them...i just tested one out left it sittin on the seat (does the enclosure make a difference?) did the whole fader thing..n it does sound clearer...but it does not sound better...on my stock bose..vol 30 is loud..on this i had to go to 45...

what speakers will sound 3 blocks away NICE...i did some search but members usually just post there setup n no info..i am not to worried about modding it to fit..i like that actually

what do u have n do u like it? what do u suggest?
do i go all out on front n forget the rear...of get som mediocre stuff all around...coaxial or component...

damn i shouldve stayed away from this..
Old 01-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Bonki' Ehrite!

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Kickers. /thread...http://www.amazon.com/Kicker-07DS650...3332866&sr=8-5

I will be getting these soon, but my buddy has got em and they absolutely rock that shit! The rest of his set-up is a Alpine D-310 headunit, and 2 Kicker amps, and a 12" Kicker CVR woofer.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:14 PM

Received 1,017 Likes on 867 Posts
Cool About Speakers

Why would you change the Bose´s anyways?
The only trick to make those bose Sound really really good
is to change the main unit, i replace it with a Kenwood 2" Din DVD player with GPS add-on and the Bose´s came to life!!!!!!

System (Not hoody at all complete Clear Sound with deep bass not the "cholo" punchy)

Main Unit: Kenwood 2"Din DVD (DDX514)
+Bluetooth Unit: (KCA-BT200)
+iPod Interface Cable: (KCA-iP301V)
+GPS Add-on (KNA-G510)
Main Speaker: Stock Bose´s x4
+ Removal of Stock Subwoofer and Mod to fit a single Kenwood 7" (KFC-C1739ie) bridged to the rear speakers
Amp: Single Kenwood Mono Class D (KAC-8104D)
+Subwoofer: Single 12" Pioneer Championship Series
(TS-W2502D2)
====== Complete Awesomeness!!!!!!

The good thing about this Main Unit is if you install a Subwoofer and turn on the X´over from it the main Speakers will stop giving you Bass so you only hear Mids and Highs inside the car and the subwoofer take cares of the Bass only, and thats how you get Clear and Rich sound from your stock Bose´s!!!

Also: the system doesnt require a Capcitor at all if you have a Yellow Top Optima it can handle it ALL
Old 01-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Bonki' Ehrite!

I bought my car used in September, but it has an aftermarket Pioneer unit....So the Bose sub is disconnected, which puts a LOT of strain on the speakers....I think one of mine fronts is blown, but cannot afford new ones ATM....
Meanwhile in my Dads 03, it is completely stock and that things bumps(well for a stock system)! I love it, it sounds great when you crank it up.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by ANC297
I bought my car used in September, but it has an aftermarket Pioneer unit....So the Bose sub is disconnected, which puts a LOT of strain on the speakers....I think one of mine fronts is blown, but cannot afford new ones ATM....
Meanwhile in my Dads 03, it is completely stock and that things bumps(well for a stock system)! I love it, it sounds great when you crank it up.
Yeah when i bought it i really think that the sound was really really great well compared to my other cars the Stock Sound from the TL was the greatest. and when you crank the volume up it holds pretty damn well too, but is only when you change the Head Unit when you hear the difference the Bose´s handle everything at any volume but of course without bass, adding bass sound great and all but it pales in difference with a External Subwoofer

Last edited by Skirmich; 01-12-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by ANC297

Also try to do the Stock Subwoofer Mod, since you already had it off its useless without the Bose Amp.
ill try to do a DIY for it cuz i havent seen one i dont now why nobody has try it? it was the first think i came up when i changed my Head Unit and the SW became useless since its a 9" the most close to it its a 7"round speaker you need to do some thin plywood cutting or if you now how to work with fiberglass you could do a even better neat work!!
Old 01-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Bonki' Ehrite!

DIY please...l0l. I am willing to try, but I am not the most electro-literate....I can get by, but...
Old 01-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Always a Honda =Þ

i tired returning i can only exchange....what should i go for?..i mainly play hiphop...somtimes dance music..

i read that a sub does fit there...

i think its this one

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_2068C8V...84.html?tp=111

Last edited by JterrorC; 01-12-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Always a Honda =Þ

btw i have bass overkill...i hav two solobarics....i dial it down to -3 and still bumps...so i need high highs...
Old 01-12-2010, 08:33 PM

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by JterrorC
btw i have bass overkill...i hav two solobarics....i dial it down to -3 and still bumps...so i need high highs...
Yeah i heard that when you get a Punch or like you say "Bumps" its becouse you have one of two the LPF very high you need to put your subwoofers very very low you dont whant them to do Highs nor Mids so anything below 80khz its fine i put mine in 70khz since i just whant really deep bass if you crank the khz up you will have too much Bass travel so youll get Punchy or Bumpy bass
also check the Voltage too much Volts will give the Subs an overkill bass i have my 12"Pioneer set to 1.2Volts the dial turns all the way to 3 depending on the Setup
And so check the Bass level dial a 5 should be fine in -10 to 10 dials

OR you have a terrible enclosure make sure you bought one made from the finest MDF wood and ensure its properly sealed if you want to lower the Punch make sure to add some confy inside the enclosure

BTW: Kicker Subwoofer, i did some research before making the Sub Mod to Speaker but that Kicker Subwoofer is made to be Low Profile so if you whant Hip-Hop and Dance have most Punchy Bass, Hip-Hop has deep bass most of the time. not sure what your into but deep bass is the way to go in Hip-Hop, the Low Profile Kicker would give you an Upgrade from the Bose Sub but not that much difference if you whant Punchy thats why if you have a REAL external Sub you can get both depending on the situation you just level it hehehehe
Old 01-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Always a Honda =Þ

what i meant by bump is that it still kicks like it suppose to...

and when i say high i mean the door speakers
Old 01-13-2010, 07:09 PM

what i meant by bump is that it still kicks like it suppose to...

and when i say high i mean the door speakers

Well yeah having an external Subwoofer makes my head unit to stop sending bass to my speakers so Highs & Mids are the only thing that come out from them. i dunno if your system does it or if you can control it by some way.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Always a Honda =Þ

i do i hav bass in the neg depending on the vol .. and the high are always set to the highest level ..

but my issue is i bought some speakers n dont really like it..wondering whats a good set for our cars with a aftermarket radio
Old 01-13-2010, 08:28 PM

i do i hav bass in the neg depending on the vol .. and the high are always set to the highest level ..

but my issue is i bought some speakers n dont really like it..wondering whats a good set for our cars with a aftermarket radio

Well im obviusly biased to Kenwood since its my Aftermarket choice for years now 10 and coming. it all depends on budget too but if you whant the same quality as your OEM Bose´s your looking for the top of tops of each brand, Pioneer, Clarion, Kenwood, Alpine, etc.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KFC1...105&tab=review these are 3-way speakers (49.99) tough i dont recommend since you already have an External Subwoofer, but the most costly Component system range from over 200 bucks tough they separate Mids, Highs & Lows. your Stock Bose´s are 2 way, so Mids & Highs are distinctive and the OEM Subwoofer takes care of the Bass thats how it was designed anyway.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Always a Honda =Þ

yea...stock speakers + aftermarket radio + sub box is fine as is....idk why i went and bought theses damn speakers that i cant return...

-_-
Old 01-15-2010, 06:17 PM

Thumbs up

yea...stock speakers + aftermarket radio + sub box is fine as is....idk why i went and bought theses damn speakers that i cant return...

-_-
I looked and you can buy the stocks Bose's for 20 bucks used on eBay from a 03 TL they look cared and have the acoustic shield from OEM
Old 01-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go to audio stores and listen to different set ups and see which one floats your boat.

IMO that's the best way to go in deciding which one you want because you have heard it before and not cause another person says it's good.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:08 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're looking for an all around good speaker check into Alpines. Type R's, X Ref, and X Pros are all really good speakers. If you're willing to put in a little extra work install component speakers all around.

Ultimately it comes down to your own preferences for music. I prefer Alpine but JL, Polk, Rockford Fosgate, Kicker, MTX, JBL, DLS, Boston Accoustics, and Focal (if you're really wanting to drop some money) all make great speakers.