Donnelly Mirror- HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 11:29 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Donnelly Mirror- HELP!

I am thinking about installing a Donnelly ETC mirror on my new 03 TL-p. It is an electrochromatic mirror with both a compass and an outside air temp. built in. Miss the compass and the stock outside air temp. guage is very inaccurate. Has anyone done this? If so, how hard was it to install? How do you get the stock mirror off? If you had it installed, who does this type of work and what did it cost? Appreciate any and all help. Thanks, Rick
Old 07-12-2002, 03:38 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Donnelly Mirror- HELP!

Originally posted by rickandcheryl
I am thinking about installing a Donnelly ETC mirror on my new 03 TL-p. It is an electrochromatic mirror with both a compass and an outside air temp. built in. Miss the compass and the stock outside air temp. guage is very inaccurate. Has anyone done this? If so, how hard was it to install? How do you get the stock mirror off? If you had it installed, who does this type of work and what did it cost? Appreciate any and all help. Thanks, Rick
????????? The TL already has a stock ouside temp gauge. Does it auto dim? If not, then all you're getting is the compass, but you're losing out on the auto dimming.
Old 07-12-2002, 04:10 PM
5th Gear

The Donnelly is auto dim (with compass and outside air temp) and the outside air temp gauge in the car is useless it is so inaccurate. Rick
Old 07-12-2002, 04:43 PM
Racer

rickandcheryl,

The stock outside air temp gauge CAN be calibrarated. If its way off I suggest taking it back to the dealer and have them do it (if you are still under WARRANTY).

If not.. try searching the forum I'm sure someone posted the instructions on how to calibrate it. Its just a matter of pushing the right combination of buttons.

TLS RULZ
Old 07-12-2002, 04:46 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
.... the outside air temp gauge in the car is useless it is so inaccurate. Rick
Really? Mine is perfect. It always matches up with what is said on the radio.

The only time it is not is when restarting the car after it's been sitting with a warm engine.

The temp probe sits between the bumper and the radiator, so it tends to heat up. It quickly gets to the right temperature after you start driving.

But you probably knew that.
Old 07-13-2002, 10:26 AM
5th Gear

Thanks for the info on the outside air temp gauge, I will have the dealer check it. I still want to install the mirror, mainly for the compass feature. So, I am still looking for some help, mainly on how to remove the stock mirror; or advise on someone in Southern Califorina who could install the mirror. Or lastly, some "how to" advise from someone who has already done a swap like this. Thanks Again, Rick
Old 07-13-2002, 12:43 PM
Safety Car

Thanks for the info on the outside air temp gauge, I will have the dealer check it. I still want to install the mirror, mainly for the compass feature. So, I am still looking for some help, mainly on how to remove the stock mirror; or advise on someone in Southern Califorina who could install the mirror. Or lastly, some "how to" advise from someone who has already done a swap like this. Thanks Again, Rick

If you can recalibrate your outside temp on your car, why would you want to install that mirror? I'm saying this because I think it requires a lot of work. If you really want a compass, just buy one from Target and leave it in your glove box. Cheaper way to go I think.