does washing your car make you sad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 08:52 PM
im the best

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy does washing your car make you sad?

it does to me cuz then you see all the imperfections and fuck ups. i just need to vent cuz i just washed my car, nothing major, just basic, i really want to clay it up and zaino it off but some dumb fuck hit my car in a hit n run and the new paint cant be polished til end of june. looking at my car after washing it looks good but then there are all the imperfections; sure its a car and gets beat up but its still a sad fact. oh well just wonderin if anyone else feels like doo doo when they clean their car! haha
Old 05-20-2004, 09:08 PM
Drivin' it till it dies!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I feel your pain. My car has lots of chips in the front from highway driving, and it just kills me when i wash it and they're still there. I knew I should have paid extra for the 3M protective film! I like to vent also! Maybe I should just keep it under 100mph....Na.
I haven't tried Zaino,never aware it existed until viewing this site. I know it won't remove chips in the paint!(just saving myself from embarrasement with that last comment)

---------------
02 tl-s, abp
debadged(a-c-u-r-a)
full kit
custom upper and lower grills
Old 05-20-2004, 09:15 PM
10th Gear

yess I just washed my car and saw a lot of things wrong,by the way I am a new TL owner so can you tell me about clay and zaino
Old 05-20-2004, 09:20 PM
im the best

well you can search and get more info but basically you can get a claybar and 'rub' it onto the paint. it works to get any impurities (bugs, tar, fallout, raildust, etc etc) out of the paint and makes it nice and smooth again. anyways if your car is new it should feel smooth to the touch. claying just helps to restore the paint to a uncontaminated status. zaino is a polish. some like it others like something else better.

anyways claying and zaino were just other things that came about as i washed. the main sadness comes from discovering new cosmetic problems. oh well what can ya do
Old 05-20-2004, 09:42 PM
Instructor

Unhappy

i no how u feel i just washed and waxed my black tl and there are so many scratches and dents on it that i didnt know about
Old 05-20-2004, 10:14 PM
Advanced

bro i totally feel your pain...i was in the same boat as you!
Old 05-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Need a WHAmbulance

Originally Posted by pistacio
I feel your pain. My car has lots of chips in the front from highway driving, and it just kills me when i wash it and they're still there. I knew I should have paid extra for the 3M protective film! I like to vent also!
I have the clear bra on my WDP and the first rock that hit the hood was 2 inches above the clear bra. :banghead:

I am thinking about trying this out because I have two rock chips on the hood now.

http://www.langka.com/newsite/index2.html
Old 05-21-2004, 12:34 AM
Oracle Apps/Database Dude

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
No
I park far away
Old 05-21-2004, 11:47 AM
What your problem is?

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Dare_IL
I have the clear bra on my WDP and the first rock that hit the hood was 2 inches above the clear bra. :banghead:

I am thinking about trying this out because I have two rock chips on the hood now.

http://www.langka.com/newsite/index2.html
If you try it out, tell us if really works... I was thinking about it, but funds are tight for me right now... Also, I am kinda hesitant because it looks like what it does is loosen the paint from the surounding area to spread and cover the chip or scratch.... kinda like if you got writing or a scratch on your wall, you want to hide it then get some hairspray and spray the area and the writing and just rub, the surrounding area loosens and you can dilute the stain or scratch with the paint surrounding it....

I feel ya'll's pain... I wash my car i notice the swirls, the scratches and the chips, kinda pisses me off.... But just remember this, when getting noticed in your ride, folks are not focusing on the small imperfections, they notice the ride as a whole.... especially the ladies, very few care.... if you see any consolation in that.......
Old 05-21-2004, 12:56 PM
2003 SSM TLS

Its not the door dings, we all take precautions and are careful not to get those, Its the little tiny paint chips on the front nose from driving 100+ on the freeway that chap my ass. Not much you can do.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:05 PM
im the best

yeah i think for the most part its part of driving no matter how rediculously cautious you can be. its just a saddening experience and sometimes i wonder if i should spend this much time cleaning and caring for it but i end up doing it anyways. i just tell myself int he back of my head, 'screw it ill repaint it' and that usually gets me through.

i am curious if that langka stuff works out tho as the touch up paint (particularly for metallic) sucks.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I get very depressed; the front of my car looks sandblasted by the damned sand they drop on the roads for the idiots during the winter...
I have blasting up to and including my windshield (which looks when you look through it in the sunlight). Since the 3M shield doesn't extend up the entire hood I think it may wear funny in the long run; at least everything is blasted now...
Old 05-22-2004, 01:51 AM
Drivin' it till it dies!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shogun
i just tell myself in the back of my head, 'screw it ill repaint it' and that usually gets me through.
WE THINK ALIKE.

AND TO WHOEVER SAID "I PARK FAR AWAY" SO DO I,I DON'T HAVE ANY DENTS. I'M TALKIN BOUT CHIPS ON THE FRONT END FROM THE HIGHWAY.
Old 05-22-2004, 04:14 AM
i

a freakin bird took the biggest dump on my rear bumper...i wash my car about a week later and i cant believe my eyes, THERES A FRICKIN IMPRINT OF THE BIRDS SHIT!!! IN MY PAINT!!! im hoping a meguiars nxt wax today will get that out, and btw, im gonna shoot any pigeons i see
Old 05-22-2004, 09:50 AM
im the best

Originally Posted by moahdriven
a freakin bird took the biggest dump on my rear bumper...

i dont want to laugh at your misfortune but that make me loller. anyways i would imagine clay should get that out? if not hopefully it didnt actually 'damage' the paint. i love birds. i hate bird poo on my *

i usually park far away too but for the most part im with pistacio, its about driving damage, not parking (yet and hopefully never, wait. thats a lie, 2 hit n runs in the past 2 years.... i should get shock sensors and a glock :ar15: ).
Old 05-22-2004, 12:58 PM
i

i swear man, must been dropped from 2 miles outta the sky to leave an imprint
Old 05-22-2004, 01:00 PM
im the best

yeah at my work there is this line that runs around the parking lot. i avoid parking under it cuz its kinda out in the country and them country birds are packin some kinda magic poop.