Does anyone still mess with Navigation files/HDD files?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 10:05 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Does anyone still mess with Navigation files/HDD files?

I'm almost done doing a bunch of maintenance work on my friends 1999 Acura TL and one thing that has been bugging me in the back of my head is the dead navigation hard drive. I'm a HUGE fan of restoring Honda/Acura vehicles to their original stock form and this would absolutely make my day if I could get that working again.

I'm getting the "unformatted hard disk" error message so i'm certain that it is toast. I don't have a PCMCIA device or converter that I could use to plug it in to see if there are any files left on it so i'd have to rely on someone having the files. I have purchased a 512mb CF card and PCMCIA converter device - so i'm ready to get this working - I just don't have the files.

I know Paul Mooney isn't in the business of selling his navhelp product anymore, so that isn't an option for me. So i'm just looking for any direction that could help me restore this functionality. If you'd like to help me restore this TL to its original glory, post a note here or shoot me a PM. thanks!
Old 01-21-2020, 10:08 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bump, still hoping I can find the files somewhere!
Old 01-21-2020, 02:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 193 Likes on 160 Posts
Wonder if you could find a 99 nav HDD in a junkyard. There were a couple of members here who screwed around with that stuff a decade ago but I doubt they are still around.

I get the restoration process but to be honest those things are so far out of date they are virtually useless.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:42 AM
USAF Veteran

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts
I did a little bit of searching and seems like many swap out the hard drive based unit for the DVD based unit ('00-'03). Seems to be plug and play and gives you all US. Problem here is the udated DVD only goes to 2013 so the maps are still a bit outdated.