Do you guys know what I've noticed....

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2002, 12:27 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you guys know what I've noticed....

I just washed my car this morning and noticed there are 9 f@cking door dings on one side. That's right!!! One side!! :wow:

What's wrong with the people!!!
Old 09-21-2002, 01:40 PM
Safety Car

People are just stupid or they just don't care. Whenever I go to a mall or some parking lot, I usually park a little far away, but when I come back there's always some punk that's parked next to me. There's like all kinds of spots, but they just want to park next to me and close too. Hate that crap.
Old 09-21-2002, 01:53 PM
Racer

songoku I feel ur pain . I hate those inconsiderate people that don't care for ne1 elses car. I also have a few of dings on my ride. A couple on my doors and on my side of my bumper. People can't park and get out of their cars properly. Burn in hell to all those @$$h0les :thefinger .
Old 09-21-2002, 01:59 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by EvoRTL-S
songoku I feel ur pain . I hate those inconsiderate people that don't care for ne1 elses car. I also have a few of dings on my ride. A couple on my doors and on my side of my bumper. People can't park and get out of their cars properly. Burn in hell to all those @$$h0les :thefinger .

Totally agree! I can't believe the way people drives or parks here. The spaces are so freakin' big and wide and they still end up hitting your car. I was in Asia earlier this year and even some 60 year old granny can revese into a spot that's only 3/4 of the sizes here. I have to give it to the people in Asia, they have smaller spots, sometimes, they have to fit into a car elevator in order to park in the parking lot. Unbelievable.
Old 09-21-2002, 03:05 PM
Instructor

That's why I take up 2 spaces at work! I'm not trying to be a d!ck but I've had it with door dings from other punks who don't care about other people's properties. If I'm at a mall, I try to park next the a really high luxo car. That usually leseens the change of getting one.
Old 09-21-2002, 04:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I was at school leaning on my car with the windows open with three of my friends. Next to me is a 2001-2 CLS white. The girl that owned the car, came and when she opened the door, the door smacked right into the back door of my car. I was like WTF?? Are you stupid or something? Can you believe that? Right in front of me, the biach hit my door. When I looked at it, there was no dent, just white paint from her car. It came off with my fingers so I let her go.
Old 09-21-2002, 04:36 PM
Burning Brakes

damn that's messed up. actually being there and watching the biatch do it right in front of you.
what did she say? nothing right?
damn inconsiderate people
Old 09-21-2002, 05:17 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't worry Paul, you're not alone. Just today I noticed 2 new door dings and my car is dirty right now. I'm just afraid to wash it to find out more.

BTW, I also park far away wherever I go but there will ALWAYS be some a$$hole parked right next to me. WTF is wrong with these people?!!
Old 09-21-2002, 06:34 PM
...and then there was One

That's why I park at the end of a row, and crowd the curb, crowd a handicap spot, or somewhere I have to parallel park. Oh, and do NOT park next to a 2-door car. Those doors are huge, and heavy.
Paul, sounds like you either need to find better parking spots, or 1 person didn't like you and just banged his door against yours 9 times.
Mike H., that's a good way to get your car damaged, too. Unless you are parked way out in BFE. If I see someone parked in two spots that are nice parking spots, I am soooo tempted to hurt their car, but I can't, because it's not right. So, I usually leave a note saying the next time they are double parked, there will be a key mark, flat tire, or dent. I would never follow through, it's just a scare tactic, no matter if it's a Ferrari, Rolls, or whatever.
Old 09-21-2002, 07:01 PM
All Hail the Chief

I never thought about the 2-door car thing. Interesting, I'll avoid them from now on.

Knock on wood, I don't have a single ding yet. I am so cautious, I'll park far away, next to the curb, etc....but like everyone else, some stupid A$$ always seems to find their way next to my car.

What kills me is this girl at work with one of those old narrow Jetta's. She cannot park straight! She's either in her spot crooked, or parked so horribly that she's taken up two spots. The other day I was far away from anyone else, when I come out for lunch, what do I see...her sorry ass left front end IN MY SPOT. Luckily there was no damage to my car or it would have been hell. I really feel like leaving her a note one day telling her to learn how to park.
Old 09-21-2002, 07:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

tell me abot it. its usually either those fat old ladies that dont have enough room to get thier fat ass out of thier car. **** , i mean if its too cramped park somewhere eles dip ****. or its those college girls in a hurry, **** me. they be hot and **** but for god sake open your eyes, there a car next to you and someone paid money for that **** and might take pride in thier car. not like that piece of **** 3 series bimmer with all the brake dust grim and dinks everywhere known to man.

some people were meant to idiots.
Old 09-21-2002, 07:27 PM
Advanced

i got like 5-6 scratches on mine even one on the trunk lid some people just hate.
Old 09-21-2002, 07:45 PM
Extreme Lurker

The worse parking lot to goto is any damn Costco or those big ass warehouse stores. Idiots just push shopping carts right into your car. Dumb mofo just pushed a cart into my rear bumper as I was walking towards my car. So i waited till he got into his car then I grabbed the shopping cart and just plowed into his car, while he was backing up. He got out, and tried to say something but I just looked at him like i was going to give him a beatdown, then he got back in his car and peeled out. ARGHHHHHHHHH!
Old 09-23-2002, 01:18 PM
Intermediate

I hear you. I'll park in the next county before I put my car in with a crowded field. I won't take two spaces because that's a red flag for some **** heads. Instead I look for the far end of a row pulling into the adjacent striped paint section by a foot. This leaves more than enough buffer on my vulnerable side. Also purchased these "ding-me-not" magnetic door protectors. I use them when I have no choice but to take a tight space. They're cut to fit the entire door panel, work like a charm and don't look that bad. When I bought the car used, it had several dings on both sides. Used a paintless ding repair service paying ~$60 per panel. Took the technician an hour or so using various tools to get inside panels and "massage" the dents out. The repair was near flawless. I've had the car for two years and not one ding since.
Old 09-23-2002, 01:44 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Thanks guys....that feels much better now....

All those dings are small(barely noticable) except for one!!

Old 09-23-2002, 06:09 PM
Mr. Self Destruct

Paul, I can't see any dings, can you circle them.

Sorry to hear about the abuse your car is taking.
Old 09-23-2002, 07:11 PM
Burning Brakes

I see one near the door handle i believe. Get the Ding King I saw being advertised on TV
Old 09-23-2002, 07:21 PM
Racer

dat's why when i go to school, i usually park next to a wall, a pole or at a space at the end of a row of parking, so that no car can park next to me, and i park so close to the side where no car can park that i leave plently of room for ppl to open their doors on the other side. but, there're always some a@@hole and bastards who just can't get out of the car without "swinging" open their freakin doors.
Old 09-24-2002, 01:38 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Originally posted by baggsTLS

Sorry to hear about the abuse your car is taking.
I know.....why people don't like my car???
Old 09-24-2002, 04:49 PM
Instructor

The other day my wife saw a fat white trash couple coming out of a grocery store. There is a slight hill at this place and when they were done loading up their crap wagon they simply let the cart go. It rolled to a pretty good speed and smash, cracked right into someones new car. She said it left a dent, but the two slobs just left.

She was tempted to get their license plate no., but figured it would do no good.

I personally think housewifes in big honkin' SUVs are the absolute worst at this ding business!

Now CrackPuppy, I like what you did.
Old 09-24-2002, 04:54 PM
Advanced

Door dings are just the beggining of my problems, at my school we have to parallel park sometimes. I came out from class one time and notice my rear bumper got scatched...man was I mad as hell....the pain is still there each time I look at it.