Dinged Up

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 12:17 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dinged Up

I have a 2003 Silver TL. (yes I had to do the tranny recall at 23,000 miles)

It didn't have a scratch on it until today. I mean the paint was flawless.

Not anymore... Someone ran into the rear bumper while it was parked at a restaurant during lunchtime today and didn't leave a note or anything.

Paint is missing in a roughly 3" x 2" rectangle on the rear bumper and there are stress lines for about another 5 inches on all sides.

What's the cheapest way to get this fixed up? Is this something I could take care of with touch up paint or something more serious?

How much will the dealership charge if I try to get the rear bumper replaced? Could they just repaint the one I have?

Your advice is appreciated.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Racer

it might not be ding up. it also happend to me but I went to a body shop and they just buffed it off for me and looks good as new. but someone hit me when they are trying to park. I dont know how bad ur damage is.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Intermediate

Don't stress yourself out

Originally Posted by DrewAnsel
I have a 2003 Silver TL. (yes I had to do the tranny recall at 23,000 miles)

It didn't have a scratch on it until today. I mean the paint was flawless.

Not anymore... Someone ran into the rear bumper while it was parked at a restaurant during lunchtime today and didn't leave a note or anything.

Paint is missing in a roughly 3" x 2" rectangle on the rear bumper and there are stress lines for about another 5 inches on all sides.

What's the cheapest way to get this fixed up? Is this something I could take care of with touch up paint or something more serious?

How much will the dealership charge if I try to get the rear bumper replaced? Could they just repaint the one I have?

Your advice is appreciated.
They can strip it and repaint it if it''s not cracked. They'll use a flex paint so it gives with the bumper (I hope). The paint will match. get a quote
Old 01-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Same fucking thing happened to me. First you should get a police report filed, and get the number of the report so your insurance can have it, then when you claim it to your ins your rate won't go up because it falls under some other category. The quote for my bumper was like a little over 400 to have it repainted etc, but then they discovered the impact absorbers were damaged and that was another hundred and fifty or so. but my deductible was $300 thanks to the police report, and my ins won't go up either. Follow my lead.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:08 AM
8th Gear

Thank you for the replies guys.

There is no structural damage but the paint is beyond buffing. There's nothing there to buff its just totally missing in one area.

I am going to look around for quotes tomorrow.