difference in tl wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 10:31 PM
What to put

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
difference in tl wiring

First off let me say I searched for this but I didn't find anything for what I am exactly asking so I have been wanting to put navi in the 99 non navi tl. Please before you say use the search this is my question. What is the difference in the engine bay harnesses not the engine harness just the side harnesses on the 99 tl non navi and the 99 tl navi? this is why I asked some one broke my window two days ago so I went to the junk yard and they had just gotten in a 99 tl with part navigation I say part because most of the main parts were already gone pretty much everything but wiring and the screen but it was messed up. so I want to pull the harness to use on my tl as they are the hardest part to find for me anyways and I check with delrays site to make sure I pull all the right harnesses I need and it says the engine bay harnesses are different also is it because of the navi or something else I mean wasn't navi one of the only options for the 99 I know lip kit and a few non electrical items. Do I really need the front engine bay harness or is it just something I don't need. it would kind of suck if I need them because they were messed up in the accident.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Did you look at the DIY navi conversion in the DIY thread? You shouldnt need any engine compt harness.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:26 PM
What to put

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Did you look at the DIY navi conversion in the DIY thread? You shouldnt need any engine compt harness.
yeah but the acura dealer ship says that the harnesses are different and yes i checked the DIY thread but the ones i seen did not use the whole harness they used cut plugs and made there own harness i have yet to come across one that used the whole oem wiring harness not saying it has not been done but i yet to find it. if you have the exact thread i would be glad to look at it. but for some reason the tl non navi and the tl navi have different harnesses either from the navi or not that is what i am trying to find out.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by themiccivic
yeah but the acura dealer ship says that the harnesses are different and yes i checked the DIY thread but the ones i seen did not use the whole harness they used cut plugs and made there own harness i have yet to come across one that used the whole oem wiring harness not saying it has not been done but i yet to find it. if you have the exact thread i would be glad to look at it. but for some reason the tl non navi and the tl navi have different harnesses either from the navi or not that is what i am trying to find out.
I dont know why the interior to engine harnesses are different. If you have looked at that thread then you know all you need to do is splice and add what they did.