Detailing at the Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2001, 11:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Post Detailing at the Dealership

I'm having my car detailed at Rallye Acura on Wednesday along with an oil change and inspection. Have any of you had your car detailed at your dealership? How good of a job did they do? Its 150 for inside and outside so its not too bad. Also, do dealerships put in synthetic of I ask them? Thanks

Rosh
Old 04-02-2001, 11:51 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My friend had his TL detailed at the dealership (Greenwich Acura). They did a GREAT job an gave him a loaner while they did it. Can't beat that.

(Unfortunately, it snowed the next day )

------------------
Jason
<A HREF="http://www.adamoski.com/acura.html" TARGET=_blank>

</A>
2000 Acura 3.2 TL w/ Navigation
Satin Silver / Ebony Interior
Comptech Headers & Exhaust
Comptech Springs & Sways
Comptech Air Filter
Factory Spoiler & CD Changer
Burlwood Shift Knob
30%? Tint, Tinted Rear Plate Cover
Removed Acura & 3.2TL Badging From Trunk
Removed Front Plate Holder
Old 04-03-2001, 02:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

i wouldnt pay that much for a detailing job. if for some reason i did, id bring it to a detailing shop...not the dealer

most acura dealerships carry castrol synthetic, not mobil 1 - the good stuff. i always have to buy the oil myself before bringing the car in

Old 04-03-2001, 02:27 AM
Instructor

Exclamation

Originally posted by mr tl:
i wouldnt pay that much for a detailing job. if for some reason i did, id bring it to a detailing shop...not the dealer

most acura dealerships carry castrol synthetic, not mobil 1 - the good stuff. i always have to buy the oil myself before bringing the car in

Well, Southwest Acura in houston was cool, when you bring ur own oil in, they only charge you the cost of the oil filter, thats it..... I just had my car's 2nd oil change at 3000miles..... with Royal Purple, I think thats even better than Mobil1, but yes, VERY pricy.... $5.5 a qt.
Old 04-03-2001, 06:45 AM
Drifting

HoustonCL:

I'm not sure I understand your post correctly, you had your 2nd oil change with 3000 miles on the car? At 3000 miles you should just be getting rid of the first "break in" oil. Plus, I'm not sure if what you put in is synthetic, I assume it is for the price, but you shouldn't be putting synthetic in a car with such low mileage, it's not good for the engine.

Maybe I understand wrong, please correct me if I did.

Jason
Old 04-03-2001, 09:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Talking

Hey guys,

when is a good time to start putting synethics and what brand would you recommend? I have about 6,000 miles on my TL right now. Should be getting my second oil change @ 6,750. I do lots of local driving so I'm using the other schedule as far as oil change is concerned.

Joey
Old 04-03-2001, 12:46 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Acura3200:
HoustonCL:

I'm not sure I understand your post correctly, you had your 2nd oil change with 3000 miles on the car? At 3000 miles you should just be getting rid of the first "break in" oil. Plus, I'm not sure if what you put in is synthetic, I assume it is for the price, but you shouldn't be putting synthetic in a car with such low mileage, it's not good for the engine.

Maybe I understand wrong, please correct me if I did.

Jason
If you know how to work on a car, or messin with the cars long enuff, you will know that many tech. will tell you to change oil at 1000miles with some cheap dino oil. Doesnt matter how cheap, and doesnt matter wat brand, cuz it will not be inside the engine for long.

Tha main purpose to do that was to get rid of the 1st break-in oil, which contain many tiny metal material due to the rubbing inside the engine. Its NOT in the book, but its like a insider thing....

Well, I was using syn. oil since 3000miles on my old car(200SX SER), whicb was constantly racing and running boost and stuff... All i know was, after 75,000 miles, when i open up the valve cover, it looks Silver not brownish, and soooo clean that it shines.... I never believe that syn. oil not good to your car, and bla bla bla.... cuz all i believe was facts... The facts was, my SER always run smoother, and respone quicker than my other frined's 200SX.... BUT of course, it's your car, you can do anything you want.

------------------
Edward Wong
99TL, 01CL w/AEM
Houston(Sugarland),TX.
Old 04-03-2001, 12:58 PM

Question

Originally posted by Black TL:
I'm having my car detailed at Rallye Acura on Wednesday along with an oil change and inspection. Have any of you had your car detailed at your dealership? How good of a job did they do? Its 150 for inside and outside so its not too bad. Also, do dealerships put in synthetic of I ask them? Thanks

Rosh
lemme know how it works out because thats where i got my car and i was thinking about doing it next time i brought it in for service.
Old 04-03-2001, 03:03 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

I've never had my car detailed at the dealer but from what I experience when I purchased my car, I say that I won't bring it to them. You would think that they would make it really really nice for you on your first day but nope. Also, when I take it in for service, they attempt to wash it but they do a poor job and I end up washing it myself because i can't stand the way they did it.

As for the oil changes, I have noticed that my car seems soooo much smoother after my 7500 mile service. Even after the very first oil change, it didn't seem like it improved that much. But now it is purrring and accelerates much better than before.

I probably will do some of my own service after my first year because the dealer threw in the first year's/12k mi service for free when I bought it.

------------------
"Knowledge is potential, Action is power."
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/phanthavong/mytl.html" TARGET=_blank>
</A>
Old 04-03-2001, 04:18 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Houston CL:
If you know how to work on a car, or messin with the cars long enuff, you will know that many tech. will tell you to change oil at 1000miles with some cheap dino oil. Doesnt matter how cheap, and doesnt matter wat brand, cuz it will not be inside the engine for long.

Tha main purpose to do that was to get rid of the 1st break-in oil, which contain many tiny metal material due to the rubbing inside the engine. Its NOT in the book, but its like a insider thing....
The debate continues... changing out your break-in oil after the 1st 1000 miles? Unless Acura is purposely trying to screw their owners, I don't know why the owners manual specifically advises against changing out the break-in oil before the recommended interval (which is 7500 or 3750 miles, depending on your driving conditions).

DA
Old 04-03-2001, 04:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

I wouldn't change my oil every 1000 miles. It will get REALLY expensive in the long run. Also, when you first get your car, there are certain minerals in your oil to help you break the engine in.

Arn2000TL, I will let you know how it goes. I'll post a follow up tomorrow.

Rosh

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Black TL on April 05, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 04-05-2001, 10:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

So here's how it went. I got my car detailed at Rallye Acura yesterday for $139.99 and ten percent off = ~$126. They did such a nice job on my car! I couldn't believe it was mine. The inside was SPOTLESS and the leather went from hard as a rock to as soft as when it was new. The outside was glowing like it was the day I got it. IT was definately better than I thought and I am going to go there from now on.

Arn2000TL I would think about getting your car detailed when you go there. Steve gave me 10% off so you might want to deal with him.

Roshan