at the dealership for pulsating/vibrating brakes...

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 11:31 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
at the dealership for pulsating/vibrating brakes...

i just got finished speaking with the service advisor at the local Acura Dealership...Acura of South Florida..... he said that my brakes are not gonna be covered by this service bulletin mentioned in this thread...https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127799

he tried to cover his ass by saying that warranties on brakes are a very "gray" area and that my 02 TL-S with 39,000 miles is not covered by this service bulletin... he countered by saying that the rotors needed refinishing due to hot spots, but i know that i don't abuse my brakes in anyway or form... i barely drive my car 9000 miles per year... this is annoying because they haven't given me a real valid reason to why they won't honor this bulletin... i know that the bulletin is not a recall, but i would expect them to at least give me a good excuse..... i don't want to hear that "gray" area nonesense that they are trying to feed me... i don't buy it...

i haven't dealt with brakes before so should i go to a different dealership and hope that they honor the service bulletin, or just go to a local brake shop and get my rotors refinished...

this is pissing me off.. acuraof SoFla can go suck a big one...

any help including any other alternatives would be greatly appreciated...
thanks..
Old 12-26-2005, 11:53 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
He's giving you a load of crap. Yes, they are covered under the service bulletin and you are covered to 50000 miles. I had mine done that way.

Find another dealer if you can. I would also call the Acura Customer Servie number and complain about the dealership. I think you can do a search for that tel number.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Brakes are considered a wear and tear item, so they are not covered by the 4/50,000 warranty. If I remember right, they are only covered for the first year.

However, it is usually done on good will. I had mine replaced at like 30k. Try a different dealership, or just buy aftermarket rotors and pads. They will last much longer.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:14 PM
Instructor

I had an 00 Nissan maxima that had brake problems like my 01 TL does now..(vibration/warping of rotors)....and they machined the rotors twice before they decided..you're getting new front pads/rotors....(Nissan did all this on their Maxima under warranty without any problems all over a 10,000 mile span from like 20K to 30K miles.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:15 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Oljuno320
i just got finished speaking with the service advisor at the local Acura Dealership...Acura of South Florida..... he said that my brakes are not gonna be covered by this service bulletin mentioned in this thread...https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127799

he tried to cover his ass by saying that warranties on brakes are a very "gray" area and that my 02 TL-S with 39,000 miles is not covered by this service bulletin... he countered by saying that the rotors needed refinishing due to hot spots, but i know that i don't abuse my brakes in anyway or form... i barely drive my car 9000 miles per year... this is annoying because they haven't given me a real valid reason to why they won't honor this bulletin... i know that the bulletin is not a recall, but i would expect them to at least give me a good excuse..... i don't want to hear that "gray" area nonesense that they are trying to feed me... i don't buy it...

i haven't dealt with brakes before so should i go to a different dealership and hope that they honor the service bulletin, or just go to a local brake shop and get my rotors refinished...

any help including any other alternatives would be greatly appreciated...
thanks..

are you SERIOUS, dude?

you really have to be kidding me. you have 39k miles on your car and your complaining brakes aren't covered under warranty?

Look dude, this is not BMW. Brakes are a wear and tear item. At 39k miles your likely to have WAY LESS than 5/32's of your pads left.. I've seen most people come in with 35k miles on their car with their pads BELOW minimum service spec. You are CRAZY, i mean, insanely nuts if you think brakes are going to be covered at that mileage.

Acura will cover brake pads that have 8/32 of pad life left or more at MAX. Your nuts, and BASHING a DEALERSHIP for telling you this?

i think your being very disrespectful by even having the notion of posting this bad and totally BOGUS type. You should be sued!

i think this whole message board is made to make dealerships look like greedy morons. I might have to talk to someone about this. I think it is totally wrong.

whatever.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:16 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by loud_whispers
are you SERIOUS, dude?

you really have to be kidding me. you have 39k miles on your car and your complaining brakes aren't covered under warranty?

Look dude, this is not BMW. Brakes are a wear and tear item. At 39k miles your likely to have WAY LESS than 5/32's of your pads left.. I've seen most people come in with 35k miles on their car with their pads BELOW minimum service spec. You are CRAZY, i mean, insanely nuts if you think brakes are going to be covered at that mileage.

Acura will cover brake pads that have 8/32 of pad life left or more at MAX. Your nuts, and BASHING a DEALERSHIP for telling you this?

i think your being very disrespectful by even having the notion of posting this bad and totally BOGUS type. You should be sued!

i think this whole message board is made to make dealerships look like greedy morons. I might have to talk to someone about this. I think it is totally wrong.

whatever.

i may even have to call South Florida Acura about this.. There has got to be a law against this..
Old 12-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Advanced

are you SERIOUS, dude?

whatever.
Before you mouth off, you should at least read the bulletin he's talking about. Here's what it says in the warranty section:

WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
In warranty: The normal warranty applies.
Failed Part: P/N 45022-S0K-A01
Defect Code: 045
Contention Code: B02
Skill Level: Repair Technician

Out of warranty: Any repair performed after warranty
expiration may be eligible for goodwill consideration by
the District Parts and Service Manager or your Zone
Office. You must request consideration, and get a
decision, before starting work.

Dealer discretion only applies after the 4/50 warranty is up. So, he's entitled to have his brakes fixed because Acura has acknowledged a problem.

If you happen to work at a dealer, you might be in the wrong line of work. This is why Acura service has such a piss poor reputation.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:25 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

are you SERIOUS, dude?

whatever.

What the fuck? You must work for a dealership. I've bought MANY, MANY cars in my lifetime (you're what, 20?) and I have yet to find a decent dealer.

It is not our problems as Acura customers that Honda can't design a proper brake setup that prevents warping. Every single one of my 7 Honda products in the past 10 years have had warping rotors no matter how gentle I tried being with them. Acura themselves issued a service bulletin because this is a problem that TLs are pretty much guaranteed to have. My 2005 Accord V6 has warped rotors right now and it has less than 10,000 miles. There is no excuse for this to continue to happen. If Honda can't design a brake setup they need to allow someone to do it for them.

And, to the original poster, find another dealer. My 2002 TL had warped rotors at 35,000 miles and they were resurfaced and pads were replaced under warranty. It happened again and 48,000 miles and this time the rotors were replaced along with the pads, again under warranty. So I don't know which dealer loud_whispers works at, or who he thinks he is for that matter, but do NOT accept a "No" from a dealer. This is a known problem and is not your fault. I've had my both resurfaced and replaced, once at 35k and once at 48k both times under warranty.

You want to see the dealer jump? Request a meeting with a district representative from Acura at the dealer in question. I had to do this because the dumbasses wouldn't correct some of my problems - but when the representative got there he said "jump" and they said "how high?".

I'll believe in good dealers when I find one.. Based on my experience, there is no such thing. I've had service advisors tell me my Honda's needed $900 worth of bullshit maintenance at 70k miles.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:27 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

i may even have to call South Florida Acura about this.. There has got to be a law against this..
I see a ban coming on. There is NO LAW against sharing a bad experience. If you don't like it, move to Cuba.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:28 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Originally Posted by caha14
Before you mouth off, you should at least read the bulletin he's talking about. Here's what it says in the warranty section:

WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
In warranty: The normal warranty applies.
Failed Part: P/N 45022-S0K-A01
Defect Code: 045
Contention Code: B02
Skill Level: Repair Technician

Out of warranty: Any repair performed after warranty
expiration may be eligible for goodwill consideration by
the District Parts and Service Manager or your Zone
Office. You must request consideration, and get a
decision, before starting work.

Dealer discretion only applies after the 4/50 warranty is up. So, he's entitled to have his brakes fixed because Acura has acknowledged a problem.

If you happen to work at a dealer, you might be in the wrong line of work. This is why Acura service has such a piss poor reputation.

Old 12-26-2005, 03:16 PM
Racer

 2003 American Honda Motor Co., Inc. – All Rights Reserved BTB 22621-25260 (0305)

CUSTOMER INFORMATION: The information in this bulletin is intended for use only by skilled technicians who have the proper tools, equipment,
and training to correctly and safely maintain your vehicle. These procedures should not be attempted by “do-it-yourselfers,” and you should not assume
this bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle has the condition described. To determine whether this information applies, contact an authorized Acura automobile dealer.

warranty does not apply at 40k miles probably with pads below 5/32's...im sorry.. you go to ANY OTHER MAKE/MODEL CAR DEALER and try to play that crap with them! See what happens.. Same result.

im going to try and find the certain pad thickness and mileage as to where the warranty applies to these vehicles.. Most people DO NOT ARGUE about this. They know brakes are wear and tear, anyone can say "Oh i treat my car like a newborn baby"...yeah right buddy..

Warranty SHOULD NOT IN ANY WHICH WAY APPLY TO THIS!
it's wrong.

As a flat-rate technician...i WILL CHOOSE NOT TO DO THIS JOB UNDER WARRANTY IF MY SERVICE ADVISOR HANDS IT TO ME.. I WILL SAY NO, find someone else to do it..

it's just wrong. and you guys continue to look for freebies with your vehicles. good luck..

might as well apply for foodstamps and get free groceries at the supermarket.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Racer

defects in pads and rotors occur UNDER 20k miles.. other than that..its normal wear and tear..
Old 12-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Advanced

warranty does not apply at 40k miles probably with pads below 5/32's...im sorry.. you go to ANY OTHER MAKE/MODEL CAR DEALER and try to play that crap with them! See what happens.. Same result.
Once again, the TSB clearly states "In warranty" and "Out of warranty", referring to the standard warranty the same way as in other non-brake-related TSBs. Bulletins to be applied within a specific mileage range different to the standard warranty should state that specific range. This one doesn't, and unless this dealer can prove that the brakes in his car have been abused (grooves in the rotors or something else), Acura is responsible for fixing this.

If a customer brings a model with no history of pulsation at 40k miles and expects free brakes, then I could see your point, but the brakes on the CL and TL are notorious for this, and Acura agrees. Otherwise, they wouldn't have issued a TSB.

And by the way, Jeep Grand Cherokees are also notorious for this, and I never got crap from my dealer the 2 times they did my brakes, at 18k and 35k miles. Never got crap on doing my TL-S brakes either.

it's just wrong. and you guys continue to look for freebies with your vehicles. good luck..
I don't think anyone in this particular thread is looking for freebies. People only want properly designed brakes. And then some wonder why Acura has lost its "luxury" image... Your attitude says it all. It seems like your motto is "the customer's always wrong". Thankfully, my Acura tech does give a shit, and I could never see him saying no to a job that would make customers happy. In the service business, every little detail counts.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
While i agree that the brakes on honda products and honda shoud do something about the ease of which their rotors warp, i also agree with loud_whispers. its a "wear and tear" item. And the dealer is ultimatly the descrission giver here.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:13 PM
Cruisin'

holy.... things r getting out of control in here...

to clear matters up for everyone... but more specifically YOU....

the service advisor said that i had over 80 percent of my friggin brake pads left.....
and after i left the dealership, i went to another place and they told me that i didn't have the "blue" hot spots on the rotors...

and i wasn't complaing that the wouldn't repair it, cuz i realize that it's only a service bulletin, i was pissed at the sorry ass excuse they gave me....

so im gonna take the car somewhere else and see what they say...

i shoulda known something was fishy when the advisor mistook Aerosmith's Dream On ( which was playing in my car at that time) for a led zepplin song...
Old 12-26-2005, 08:34 PM
Cruisin'

and to you mister loud_whispers sir...

there's a bunch of things that i can say right now to make u look like a complete and utter idiot.... but im gonna be generous and let u re-read my original post, carefully.... and maybe , just maybe this time u may actually read it with ur eyes open...

and to ur accusations of calling this message board a place for dealer bashers... u need to start reading some other posts, instead of geting ur panties in a bunch everytime someone talks about a dealership experience....

this board is a great place for people to share experiences both GOOD and BAD... and i could go on and on and on but... imma stop here...

oh yeah.... one last thing.. have u ever heard of freedom of speech.... it's a kinda important thing, in our country, written along with some other kinda important stuff, created by some kinda important old people.... but u already knew that didn't ya??
Old 12-26-2005, 08:46 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Oljuno320
holy.... things r getting out of control in here...

to clear matters up for everyone... but more specifically YOU....

the service advisor said that i had over 80 percent of my friggin brake pads left.....
and after i left the dealership, i went to another place and they told me that i didn't have the "blue" hot spots on the rotors...

and i wasn't complaing that the wouldn't repair it, cuz i realize that it's only a service bulletin, i was pissed at the sorry ass excuse they gave me....

so im gonna take the car somewhere else and see what they say...

i shoulda known something was fishy when the advisor mistook Aerosmith's Dream On ( which was playing in my car at that time) for a led zepplin song...

oh, i see..So you have 80% of your brake pads left at 39k miles? That's really really really odd. 80% is about 9/32's of pad thickness.. man, most people are half way through their second set of brake pads by that time! I do not believe their is 80% left on your brake pads.

By the way, this waranty applies to mostly all Acura's. All cars in general really have some sort of bulletin like this because it is a common problem with brake discs...they heat up and become out of round very easily. With ALL BRAKE DISCS, not just HONDA. All depending on mileage and driver.

The brakes being on the car after 39k miles is wear and tear in itself. Everytime it rained or snowed..rust and other natural debris gathered inside the pad and dug into parts of the rotor where in other spots it didnt.. that's considered parralelism when that happens.

A dealership can honor a vehicle up to 10k miles AFTER they have had they're brakes replaced by that particular dealership..and i think it's 20k miles or so on NEW vehicles.

Even if you've never used your brakes the whole 39,000 miles you've been driving your car..You still subject to natural wear and tear which goes for every single make/model car with BRAKE DISCS!

There is no way that they can honor your car oljuno unless somehow it is goodwilled to you by a service manager..
That's like going 40k miles and trying to get a clutch under warranty. Just because you say "hey, i didnt beat on it, ever!". It's BEEN HEATED up and used no matter what you say.

The service bulletins really aren't for a customer, and this is MAINLY the reason. They are for a technician to look in reference to..problems and fixes. Usually typed up by our Honda tech-line so the techs all over the country share information regaurding unusual problems with certain cars. You guys get the Service RECALLS in the mail. Bulletins are mainly for techs to look to when your car comes in for a problem.

sorry oljuno, my dealership would not cover your brakes under warranty either. Sorry for sounding like a dick in a few posts but you were bashing a dealership for something that they did nothing wrong.

good luck with it.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:01 PM
WNC Real Estate Sales99TL

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
My 99 TL had the brake pads and rotors replaced at 30,000 by the dealer at no charge. I bought the car with 38k on it.
My 91 Accord and 86 Prelude had the same problems. If I had the money I spent on brakes and rotors on my other 2 Honda products, I could take you all out to a really fine dinner. Yes, Honda does have problems with their brakes and they should be replaced under Warrenty or recall within a reasonable amount of miles. In my opinion at least 50,000k.
My 2000 Ford Explorer has 68k on it and the brake pads have been replaced twice on the front and once on the rear. Original Rotors, never resurfaced and they are smooth as silk.

SO=Honda has a problem. My 86 Prelude had 5 sets of rotors put on it under warranty service. I actually drove the car 2 miles after they replaced the pads and rotors and they were warped. They finally admittied they had lots of problems with their rotors. I finally bought after market rotors and they lasted 100,000 miles before any signs of warping. Anyone that has a 90-93 Accord will know of similiar problems. They mounted the rotors to the inside of the wheel hub and it cost a small fortune to get them replaced. I bought new Honda rotors and for the 91 Accord and they were warped when we put them on the car. Honda replaced them and the 2nd set lasted about 30 days till they were terrible.

My 99 TL has 46 k on it now and the rotors are still smooth. They should last just as long as the Ford's, but I doubt it. And by the way I don't slam on the brakes, brake hard or drive fast or do anything that would warrant them to warp. Time will tell! The 99TL's had admitted rotor problems as do a lot of Honda problems. I was told that they used 2 piston calipers and should have used 4 piston calipers. We should expect that on a $30,000 car eh?
Old 12-26-2005, 09:01 PM
Racer

you know what..i will get my panties in a bunch when someone talks bad about a dealership when they have no right to.

If you CLEARLY had a transmission problem and the dealership didnt warranty it or something along them lines, then i owuld hae nothing to say..

but this is ridiculous.

i will get my godamn panties in a bunch because your cars(ALL OF YOU) are my livelyhood, but even more so the service department is my livelyhood and they put food on MY TABLE.

So when an oddball goes and talks nonsense on a service department for NOT MUCH OF A VALID REASON, other than the fact that you probably do not want to pay the money to get your car fixed, you want it free. I get pissed because 300 or more people READ THIS post and get a very very NEGATIVE idea about Acura service..

then you know what..THAT'S TAKING FOOD OFF OF MY PLATE!
I don't go on internet message boards talking shit on your company's websites that would have the possibility of putting you out of a job one day, now do i?

damn right i'll stick up for what's right because there is so much crap that you people have no idea about.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:05 PM

OH, HOnda knows that they have problems. They should replace em, just like the tranny's without any hassle. This is a $30,000 car=right! It costs them less than $100 to replace all rotors and pads, in the mean time it costs us $800-$1000. Just stinks doesn't it.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Cruisin'

oh, i see..So you have 80% of your brake pads left at 39k miles? That's really really really odd. 80% is about 9/32's of pad thickness.. man, most people are half way through their second set of brake pads by that time! I do not believe their is 80% left on your brake pads.

By the way, this waranty applies to mostly all Acura's. All cars in general really have some sort of bulletin like this because it is a common problem with brake discs...they heat up and become out of round very easily. With ALL BRAKE DISCS, not just HONDA. All depending on mileage and driver.

The brakes being on the car after 39k miles is wear and tear in itself. Everytime it rained or snowed..rust and other natural debris gathered inside the pad and dug into parts of the rotor where in other spots it didnt.. that's considered parralelism when that happens.

A dealership can honor a vehicle up to 10k miles AFTER they have had they're brakes replaced by that particular dealership..and i think it's 20k miles or so on NEW vehicles.

Even if you've never used your brakes the whole 39,000 miles you've been driving your car..You still subject to natural wear and tear which goes for every single make/model car with BRAKE DISCS!

There is no way that they can honor your car oljuno unless somehow it is goodwilled to you by a service manager..
That's like going 40k miles and trying to get a clutch under warranty. Just because you say "hey, i didnt beat on it, ever!". It's BEEN HEATED up and used no matter what you say.

The service bulletins really aren't for a customer, and this is MAINLY the reason. They are for a technician to look in reference to..problems and fixes. Usually typed up by our Honda tech-line so the techs all over the country share information regaurding unusual problems with certain cars. You guys get the Service RECALLS in the mail. Bulletins are mainly for techs to look to when your car comes in for a problem.

sorry oljuno, my dealership would not cover your brakes under warranty either. Sorry for sounding like a dick in a few posts but you were bashing a dealership for something that they did nothing wrong.

good luck with it.
MAN. you really need to read, i mean REALLy read my posts... i've never bashed a dealership, i said i did not understand the bs excuse they offered me..... and i would only think that it is the responsibilty of the dealership to make sure that the customer understands what the hell is going on...

and u don't believe that i have 80 percent left on my pads!?!? haha...

well well well look who's bashing the dealer now???? i guess then the advisor was serverly misinformed about the condition of my brakes.... so mister honda techie..... what does THAT say about the advisor????

does that make him.....
A) a liar????
B) an incompetent idiot????
or
C) all of the above????
Old 12-26-2005, 09:08 PM

Well, Loud Whispers, if Ford can do it on a 4000 pound explorer then Honda should right? I'll replete=HONDA / ACURA ROTORS HAVE PROBLEMS AND THEY KNOW IT> YES I AM RIGHT!
Old 12-26-2005, 09:09 PM

woops repeat
Old 12-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Luke7
My 99 TL had the brake pads and rotors replaced at 30,000 by the dealer at no charge. I bought the car with 38k on it.
My 91 Accord and 86 Prelude had the same problems. If I had the money I spent on brakes and rotors on my other 2 Honda products, I could take you all out to a really fine dinner. Yes, Honda does have problems with their brakes and they should be replaced under Warrenty or recall within a reasonable amount of miles. In my opinion at least 50,000k.
My 2000 Ford Explorer has 68k on it and the brake pads have been replaced twice on the front and once on the rear. Original Rotors, never resurfaced and they are smooth as silk.

SO=Honda has a problem. My 86 Prelude had 5 sets of rotors put on it under warranty service. I actually drove the car 2 miles after they replaced the pads and rotors and they were warped. They finally admittied they had lots of problems with their rotors. I finally bought after market rotors and they lasted 100,000 miles before any signs of warping. Anyone that has a 90-93 Accord will know of similiar problems. They mounted the rotors to the inside of the wheel hub and it cost a small fortune to get them replaced. I bought new Honda rotors and for the 91 Accord and they were warped when we put them on the car. Honda replaced them and the 2nd set lasted about 30 days till they were terrible.

My 99 TL has 46 k on it now and the rotors are still smooth. They should last just as long as the Ford's, but I doubt it. And by the way I don't slam on the brakes, brake hard or drive fast or do anything that would warrant them to warp. Time will tell! The 99TL's had admitted rotor problems as do a lot of Honda problems. I was told that they used 2 piston calipers and should have used 4 piston calipers. We should expect that on a $30,000 car eh?

Like i said before, Acura is NOT BMW.
We do not offer all wear and tear items under a service contract. That would benefit you people, but guess what..

BMW service is now OVERLOADED with cars all over the country and employees complain because they are doing "INTERNAL" wear and tear/service work. That means, less time for flat rate technicians, work TWICE AS HARD for your money and ultimately a PAY CUT.

Most technicians do not get paid for being their 8 hours a day on an hourly rate to just offer their PRODUCT knowledge and give everything FREE to customers.

I go and offer my product knowledge and FIX CARS and i get paid by each car i fix. So if there is NO WORK to do in my dealership..

i go home with a 0.00$ pay check.. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?
Old 12-26-2005, 09:20 PM

Like i said before, Acura is NOT BMW.
We do not offer all wear and tear items under a service contract. That would benefit you people, but guess what..

BMW service is now OVERLOADED with cars all over the country and employees complain because they are doing "INTERNAL" wear and tear/service work. That means, less time for flat rate technicians, work TWICE AS HARD for your money and ultimately a PAY CUT.

Most technicians do not get paid for being their 8 hours a day on an hourly rate to just offer their PRODUCT knowledge and give everything FREE to customers.

I go and offer my product knowledge and FIX CARS and i get paid by each car i fix. So if there is NO WORK to do in my dealership..

i go home with a 0.00$ pay check.. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?
Aint a wear and tear item. THEY HAVE ADMITTED THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THEIR ROTORS (ACURA/HONDA) I have owned lots of other cars and NO problems with ROTORS WITH LOTS MORE MILES. THIS IS THE POINT I"M MAKING> HONDA / ACURA ROTORS/BRAKES ARE POORLY DESIGNED AND HAVE LOTS OF PROBLEMS! And your telling me they should not stand behind their poor design without replacing them? BULL!
Old 12-26-2005, 09:21 PM

Bed Time
Old 12-26-2005, 09:23 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Luke7
Well, Loud Whispers, if Ford can do it on a 4000 pound explorer then Honda should right? I'll replete=HONDA / ACURA ROTORS HAVE PROBLEMS AND THEY KNOW IT> YES I AM RIGHT!
Yes, Honda does have problems with rotors, your right.. SO DOES EVERY OTHER MAKE MODEL CAR! get that threw your head.
ALSO that 4,000lb explorer is also heavily dampened and your less likely to feel a vibration.
Would you rather pay for brakes or pay for a tech to rebuild your transfer case?

You'd be so suprised how easy Acura owners have it. We have wear and tear problems. (Other than the TL/ trans). Switch to another make/model car and go visit their WORLD of problems.. you guys have it easy.. AND WE HONOR OUR TRANSMISSIONS to 100k miles.. And i have NEVER had a customer come in and get denied a transmission on a TL if it was faulty..ever.. i've done TL trans.'s with 250k miles on them.

no matter what, people will ALWAYS have somehting to bitch about. No matter how many times a service manager goodwill's a fix on a car...all it takes is ONE TIME for that service manager to say " LOOK COME UP WITH THE MONEY TO FIX YOUR CAR OR LEAVE IT THE WAY IT IS"..and you guys would never return to the dealership again.

unbelievable.

and oljuno,

that's not a bashing statement?
Old 12-26-2005, 09:37 PM
Cruisin'

Yes, Honda does have problems with rotors, your right.. SO DOES EVERY OTHER MAKE MODEL CAR! get that threw your head.
ALSO that 4,000lb explorer is also heavily dampened and your less likely to feel a vibration.
Would you rather pay for brakes or pay for a tech to rebuild your transfer case?

You'd be so suprised how easy Acura owners have it. We have wear and tear problems. (Other than the TL/ trans). Switch to another make/model car and go visit their WORLD of problems.. you guys have it easy.. AND WE HONOR OUR TRANSMISSIONS to 100k miles.. And i have NEVER had a customer come in and get denied a transmission on a TL if it was faulty..ever.. i've done TL trans.'s with 250k miles on them.

no matter what, people will ALWAYS have somehting to bitch about. No matter how many times a service manager goodwill's a fix on a car...all it takes is ONE TIME for that service manager to say " LOOK COME UP WITH THE MONEY TO FIX YOUR CAR OR LEAVE IT THE WAY IT IS"..and you guys would never return to the dealership again.

unbelievable.

and oljuno,

that's not a bashing statement?
no that's called a metaphor.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:27 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

You're so clueless. I have had Toyotas.. how many tranny problems? 0. How many brake problems? 0. I had an Altima, as well. Tranny problems? 0. Brake problems? 0.

If Honda's going to DESIGN something that DOESN'T WORK then they are going to HAVE TO step up to the plate and replace it HOW EVER MANY TIMES it takes before the owner finally says "Fuck this" and gets rid of the car.

Acura service doesn't have a bad name because people on this board are pissed that they don't get free maintenance. Acura service has a bad name because IT SUCKS. And so does Honda service. You want good service, visit your local Lexus dealer.

And don't give me that bullshit about Honda honoring these transmissions for 100k miles like that's a good thing. Honda did that to cover their ass so they weren't slapped with a lawsuit. It's a joke, really.. if they want to stand behind their product they will honor transmissions to 100,000 miles on IT not on the whole car. I had my transmission in my TL replaced at 47,000 miles. If it fails at 101,000 miles it has only lasted 54,000 miles. Let me ask you, IS THAT ACCEPTABLE? Is it acceptable that my $30k car has a transmission that won't last? Hell no it isn't.

Also, Honda can't seem to design a braking system that doesn't destroy the rotors. There is no excuse you can make for them. Brakes are a wear and tear item... YES.. this means you can't take your car back when the pads wear out and request for them to be changed free. BUT IF THE BRAKES DON'T WORK AS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO.. it's a warranty claim. And vibrations are NOT NORMAL. The TSB SAYS SO, is reading not a requirement for Acura technicians? If it weren't, I wouldn't be shocked AT ALL.

People like you that work at dealerships are the very reason Acura service sucks as bad as it does. And you can call Acura and tell them I said so if you want, I've already told them.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Im going to close this becuse its going nowhere.