dealer sratched car....HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 12:42 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry dealer sratched car....HELP!!!

Hey guys i have a quick question......

I took my car in to get the 3500 mile oil change at the dealer (Stevens Creek Acura) and got it back and there was a huge scratch on my front bumper that wasn't there before. I picked the car up after the service department was closed so there was no one to really ***** to. I am going back monday morning to complain and have them do something about it.

My question is: what do you think i should tell them? I will tell them that it wasn't there before and my car is ABP so any scratches are very noticable. I just know they'll say they didn't do it and then tell me they can't do anything about it.

Do you think the dealer will fix this? It is their fault. If not what can i do to make them?

The scratches look like they drove it into a screw b/c there is a little hole on the bumper the size of a screw, and c a couple other deep scratches.
Old 04-22-2002, 01:13 AM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmmmm.......well.....most dealers now.....take note of the damages on the cars prior to checking in...just don't walk in and be a mr nice guy....just be forceful if they deny the damages
Old 04-22-2002, 02:09 AM
Pro

I feel your pain! This sad story just reinforces why I ALWAYS do my own work on my car until it becomes absolutely necessary to take it back to the dealer. It has to be a really big job like changing out the tranny.... and that better not happen! Everything that is needed to be done on this car before 105K miles can be done by yourself. I even use jack stands and rotate my own tires just so I don't have to wait and pace around while some joker throws the mag wheels on the floor. Paying exorbinate fees to have people "top off your fluids" and "inspect wiper blades" then run a tool caddy into the side of your car is not for me.

I realize that I'm ANAL about this and not everybody wants to get dirty, but that's my solution... Other than that, YES, COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN.... Then you can never show your face up again at that dealer, so you have to change dealers... Keep complaining up the chain of command until you get some kind of satisfaction. Refrain as hard as you can from calling them A$$holes, but be stern and remind them that you paid an awful lot of money for this car and put themselves in your shoes!

Good luck, again you have my sympathy.
Old 04-22-2002, 02:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

yeah, just be persistent. don't ask for anything except a full repaint or repair of the bumper. insist that it wasn't there and ask to see whoever can make the car. tell me exactly what happened, etc etc etc....... i can tell you for sure it's not gonna be easy, their service department sux and they might try to argue back that they did nothing. just don't get all mad, calm down, and keep on talking to them. you don't do anything wrong and they have to repair it

though as a side note, why would you go to stevens creek acura..... they have the worst possible service department (and the whole dealer as a whole). almost everyone here would suggest against them including me. i have heard all the stories and i don't even bother going, even though i am 3 miles away from them. not meant to be flame, but just make sure you don't go there again. this dealership is a arse....
Old 04-22-2002, 12:16 PM
Instructor

i know, i know, i heard it about going to Stevens Creek. I had a good experience with them before so i thought they would change.

Well, here is an update:

I took in my car this morning (4/22/02) and talked to the service advisor. I calmly explained to him my problem and he went and talked to the service manager. The advisor came out and looked at the car. I tried to be as polite as possible to them. Well, he said that they would take care of it and made an appointment with their bodyshop to have the entire front bumper repainted. There is another little scratch on the bumper but i told him i wasn't concerned with that b/c i did it and it was so small. I had just zainoed my car a week before i took it into the dealer, so the dealer could clearly see that i took good car of my car and noticed any little scratch or chip that got on my car.

YEAH!!!!!! My faith in Acura has been restored....although i don't think i'll go back to Stevens Creek. I am going to Reno this weekend, I hope my luck at Stevens Creek will carry over to the weekend!
Old 04-22-2002, 10:08 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
scratch by dealer

Guys, I totally agree with Southbound! I have never had the Vette to the dealer and it is a 2000. It scrapes everything and those dealer guys are so careless at dealers. (not all but many) I keep my receipts and do my own work. If it must go in, I want to make it clear that it is perfect and want them to check it out first for scratches, this way they know you're a kook about your car. If it isn't scratched nobody gets mad so I'm not concerned with their opinion of me, also I'll be back for more business with them. Accidents will happen, even I do bone headed stuff but I try hard not to and have more control over car care done myself. I also see things that others don't while under my ride, like the scrape I put under the rocker of the "other car" this year somehow, or the lack of paint under the TL-s bumper!
Old 04-22-2002, 10:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by busterkw
i know, i know, i heard it about going to Stevens Creek. I had a good experience with them before so i thought they would change.

Well, here is an update:

I took in my car this morning (4/22/02) and talked to the service advisor. I calmly explained to him my problem and he went and talked to the service manager. The advisor came out and looked at the car. I tried to be as polite as possible to them. Well, he said that they would take care of it and made an appointment with their bodyshop to have the entire front bumper repainted. There is another little scratch on the bumper but i told him i wasn't concerned with that b/c i did it and it was so small. I had just zainoed my car a week before i took it into the dealer, so the dealer could clearly see that i took good car of my car and noticed any little scratch or chip that got on my car.

YEAH!!!!!! My faith in Acura has been restored....although i don't think i'll go back to Stevens Creek. I am going to Reno this weekend, I hope my luck at Stevens Creek will carry over to the weekend!
hey, glad it worked out great man. nothing is better than getting your car done the correct way
Old 04-23-2002, 12:00 AM
All Hail the Chief

Man I'm glad you got your car repainted! I would have flipped if that were me...I became extremely upset when I got my first scratch in the clear coat!
Old 04-23-2002, 01:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

when i first got my new 2002 tl-s at the dealer i had paint defects and i did not want my whole car painted so they took the whole bumper off to paint ,,,well when i got it back the paint was a whole diff shade and the car went back and they said they were not gonna blend the paint into the other body panels but they did,,,,,,,,,,,the paint job was ok,,,,,,but i wanna warn u about matching silver paint ,,,,,,its not an easy color to match