Dealer experience (Pasadena, CA)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2001, 02:48 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer experience (Pasadena, CA)

I thought I share my dealer experience.

I was planning to buy the car in Pasadena from Jack O; he was recommended by somebody in the forum.

After a few phone calls spanning a week, I got a decent price from Jack and told him I am ready to buy.
Jack said car would be ready Sunday.
Friday, I called to get the VIN number to get my paperwork ready.
Over the phone, Jack said my car would be delivered on Sunday. I was hoping to get car before weekend.

It is Friday and I got out of work early. I decided to give a surpirse visit. Keep in mind that Jack and I never met in person.

I get to dealership and I notice the car I wanted in the showroom.

Jack approaches me as I was admiring the car. When I told him who I was, he immediately said, "oh, somebody has a deposit on that car". realllly?

He quickly wanted to give me a tour of their back lot, I think to distract me from looking at the VIN on the sticker.

After the worthless tour, we return to the showroom. I pointed out that the VIN is exactly the same VIN he gave me over the phone. He said somebody must have mis-informed him.

I told him I was ready to buy the car at the moment. Jack said, "I need to get manager's approval before selling the car that low ($31,300) and the manager won't be here till Sunday"

Man, the guy was lying thru his teeth. I was disappointed and decided to buy car elsewhere.

Make a long story short, I bought car at South Coast Acura from John H.
Old 07-03-2001, 03:08 AM
Instructor

That is low and sleazy...just like a typical car salesman, but not from an Acura Dealership. I am rather surprised at the way you were treated, but I do believe you. I've had bad experiences at other Acura dealerships.

If you already had the VIN number and a verbal promise you have a valid complaint. If I were you I would call Acura Client Services and file a complaint. Acura Dealerships are kind of on a point system and experiences such as your does not help a dealerships status to get cars to sell.
Old 07-03-2001, 11:49 AM
Pro

Lightbulb

Sorry about your sales experience. But the service department of the Acura of Pasadena is among the best. The service advisors there are knowledgeable and have good manner.

My car's passagener's side motor is broken couple weeks ago. Since my car is the frist one have the problem, dealer needs to order the parts, etc. But throughout the whole process, my service advisor is there to work with me. He is givin me loaner car, work with my schedule and helps me a lot.
Old 07-03-2001, 03:55 PM
Instructor

The sales and service departments are different departments and usually operate separately.
Old 07-03-2001, 08:25 PM
Instructor

I'm picking up my Green TL-S in the A.M. I also bought it from South Coast. The best price I could find. My sales rep is George.
Old 07-04-2001, 01:22 AM
Instructor

Im sorry to hear about your experience. I'm also looking to get a TLS in about a month...so..now I know not to go to Pasadena. If you dont mind...could you tell me how you liked John at South Coast? More than enough people on here recommended him. I'd like to hear your opinion since you probably dealt with him most recently. Thank you so much
Old 07-06-2001, 08:43 AM
Intermediate

I first contacted John. He was pleasant at first, but I got annoyed when we started pushing Honda leasing even though my USAA auto lease was better.

I stopped talking to John and went to Jack at Pasadena. I was able to get a lower price too. I would have bought car from Jack if didn't find out he was spewing BS. I think Jack would have been pleasant if he didn't have his alterior motives.

I went back to John. Not only did he beat it, but he also threw in a trunk tray. John was pleasant, just make sure you are prepare to handle the BS from their Finance Dept. at South Coast Acura (see my other post).
Old 07-06-2001, 09:17 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i was one of a couple of people that bought from jack oh (and posted that i did) but my experience was pleasant. regardless though, sorry you had to go through that ordeal.

congrats on the new car!
Old 07-06-2001, 09:32 PM
Bada Bing

That's sucks and is no way to do business. He shouldn't have promised you anything if he wasn't sure if he could deliver. And he surely shouldn't have lied to you if he was planning on keeping your trust and business. Look at the bright side, you still got the car and for a better price!