the day after i got my car..

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2001, 10:37 PM

Cool the day after i got my car..

Finally got my car, this morning i went out of the house at 2 PM, and i was driving until 8:00 PM PST. Hmm.. nice ride.. handels great.. good acceleration, but really haven't punched it like i want to.. (still haven't broken it yet.. oh by the way.. any rules in braking in this car, Max MPH, Max RPM, for how many miles?) yep.. drove it and loved it.. the bose audio is great, the subwoofer in the back was awsome. The Nav is good for me, but i can't say its good for everybody. (It sure makes the interior very nice..) I noticed it eats up a lot of gas, but i guess that's okay. (i mean 19 come on, the Corvette Z06 gets 19, and that's a V8, but its cool) hmm..

i need to modify this car quick.. 17 year old kid driving a nice little car.. everyone probebly thinks, aaaawww how cute he borrowed his dad's car. the ride is much better than my brother's CLK (comfort).

Most of the time i was out, it was raining, and i gotta say it drives pretty well on the wet roads. (but that car mad needs rims and needs to get lowered.. just crying for it..)

over all, i love it.. (mad trunk, i could fit my old 300ZX in there.. j/k)

My girl friend loved it, that's a plus, but i really wouldn't mind if she didn't, because she does like cute cars, and i only like Mean Cars.. (she thinks the new M3 is super mean.. well so do i, but i love that thing.)

so could you guys please give me hints on how to break in my car better? (oh by the way, when should i get my first oil change?

(i love this car, but i would love, love, love it if i had a set of 18s on there w/ H&R springs..) my friend came over woke me up at 1 PM, "Fool, i want to see your car." i was about to smash his head waking me up that early, couldn't go to sleep.. took a shower, and went out.. and had a very very fun day :-)..

(anyone who replyed to my Xenon post, you guys were all right, when i let it warm up it does turn white.. my dealer is like very close so i didn't let them warm up that much.) sure glad i didn't get the little Integra my mom wanted me to get.

(damn this is a long post, thanks for reading it. ) please reply with any comment, i love reading your comments. you guys have been so helpful to me.. thanks again
Old 01-05-2001, 11:26 PM
The Doctor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dang, man, that IS a long post.. you finished your homework already? hehehe

break-in period is about 1000 miles. Don't drive over 70 mph and don't rev it.. So basically drive it like a grandma for 1000 miles... Your milage is better than mine man. I get like 17-18. But my trips are short, that's why.

Enjoy your car - don't drink and race.

------------------

2000 Metalic Silver TL
Comptech springs
AEM Short Ram
Polarg M-12 Side signals
Bra - XPEL clear bra, that is.
Pikkachu on the back passenger window
Old 01-06-2001, 01:26 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Dang, I cant believe I read that long thing! Glad to hear you like the car. Yeah, you'll need to baby it for a while so you can keep it running smooth and efficient for a long time. First oil change is at 3750 if you drive severe, like lots of stop and go or short trips (10 miles of less), or if you only drive hiway, then at 7500.
Old 01-06-2001, 02:42 AM
Drifting

Yeah, I can't belive it rained today. We hadn't seen rain in a while!

Glad you like your brand new car (again). Happy moddin'

------------------
Y2K SiLVeR TL, non-navi
Factory style full body kit + spoiler
Volk Racing Versus Campionato SS7 18x7.5 52 offset w/ Toyo Proxes FZ4 225/40/18
H&R OEM Springs
PIAA 1700x w/ Inspire Foglight switch
Polarg M-12 Front turn signals
38% window tint all around
Valentine 1 w/ concealed display
Old 01-06-2001, 01:39 PM
Pro

Congratulations behnam!!!!
Like everyone said I would go easy until atleast 800 miles and don't go over 70mph!!!
as for the oil change I would change it right after the break in period (I did) I mean what's $29.00 for peace of mind.
As for mod'z there is plenty out there!!!!
Let us know what your looking for!!!

About the kid borrowing dad's car, who cares the TL is one bad car, I'm proud of owning one and everytime you see an Integra just remember that we're in a class of our own!!!!

------------------
tann@808-'00 TL
non-Navi(Doesn't work in Hawaii)

Factory body kit & Wing, 19" Racing Hart C-5's,
Nitto 555's, CompTech Springs, CompTech Exhaust,
AEM CAI, Alpine 8080, TL rear door handles in front,
5% + 30% tints,30% front windshield.

tann@pixi.com
Old 01-06-2001, 10:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Tann@808:
Congratulations behnam!!!!
Like everyone said I would go easy until atleast 800 miles and don't go over 70mph!!!
as for the oil change I would change it right after the break in period (I did) I mean what's $29.00 for peace of mind.
Yeah. I would agree on the oil change right after the break-in period. You never know what kind of residual particles are left in the engine from the manufacturing plant. I agree with the 70mph limit. Does anyone know what the rev limit should be?
Old 01-09-2001, 06:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with the 1,000 mile rule let it go after 1,001. No extended highway speeds above 70mph not even 55mph go up & down.No hard braking the first 500 miles unless you have to stop in an emergency.No jack rabbit starts from redlights, ok maybe a few untill the break in is over.
Old 01-09-2001, 07:26 PM
Burning Brakes

If you rwad the manual and/or talk w/ the Acura mechanics, they'll tell you not to change the oil before 3750 miles. This is because the factory fill oil has special break-in additives that need to do their thing.

------------------
'01 White Diamond Pearl 3.2TL
-Wing, tint, burlwood shift, Whistler 6-band
'88 White RX-7 Convertible
-Permanent tinitus courtesy of Rockford-Fosgate