David McDavid in Plano, TX

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 10:56 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
David McDavid in Plano, TX

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them? Just curious since the next closest dealership is Irving.
Thanks
Old 10-06-2002, 05:45 PM
Advanced

I went to all the acura dealerships (live in Plano), I found the one off of 20 in Arlington the friendliest... 2nd was the shop in Irving. I got to take a TLS for the night, before I took the car I told the guy I wanted to test it in a 'real-life' situation (ie getting groceries, going to work etc) and I would make a decision, but I was NOT ready to buy yet.. he seemed to not hear that part... once I returned to the Irving Shop, he thought I was ready to buy right then and there... he ruined the 'friendly' dealership feeling that I had achieved there. He even said, "Management will not be very happy if I don't sell you the car tonight." I thought, like I give a flip what management thinks.

The Plano shop was ridiculous, you know the 'vulture' feeling, that says it all... I was looking at the TLS when it first came out, and the salesman basically told me they would NOT nego on the cars.. ruined it for me. next

I never made it to the dealership in FTW, but from their www, they hadd the best prices.. can't remember the name right now.. but it shouldn't be too hard to find. I think it was 'Mac' something'

Good luck!
Kevin
Old 10-06-2002, 09:06 PM
6th Gear

What about the service dept? I already have a ABPTLS and they are the closest.
Old 10-06-2002, 09:24 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by ABPTLS
What about the service dept? I already have a ABPTLS and they are the closest.
I drive from McKinney to Irving to use Goodson Acura's service department. They treat me very well--especially Susan Tableman who tries very hard to sell Comptech stuff!

I bought my TLS from David McDavid but I tried twice to get in for servicing and they could not accomodate MY schedule. I got pissed and called Goodson and they said tell me when you want to come down so I said right now 'cause I was still hot and they said sure. I got there at 10 minutes to closing and they changed my oil, washed my car, and drove me to a taco bell for dinner while I was waiting. Needless to say, I have gone back every time since.

They beat the installation prices for Comptech parts over David McDavid, too, so that just keeps me coming back.

Everyone has a different experience where ever they go, so go where you feel welcome. We are lucky to have a choice here.
Old 10-08-2002, 12:00 PM
Intermediate

I bought my car from McChurchill Acura over in Ft. Worth. These guys did a awesome job working with me as I was on a budget and I even got a free car cover from them since I didnt live in the metro area, couldnt use the oil changes, and on top of that the paint on my black tl was a little high maintenance over other black cars I have had, the got me a car cover. This place will really go the extra mile for you. They may be a drive for ya from plano and such. But I also dealt with mc david and they were so cocky. I also stood in the center of there dealership for 5 minutes till I was approached, and wasnt allowed to drive a car w/out a salesman or deposit. They even needed to run a credit check on me before I could drive. So I didnt. But I did go back there that next week with the car and say HI!!! Letting them see the Mc Churchill plate borders.
Actually, they are so frowned upon, that most of the dealerships in the metro area will not trade cars with Mc David. Now when they wont even touch them, I think that says a lot.

Mc Churchill's number is 817-232-2872. There is a guy named Sam Kim that works there and is a blast to work with. He is very laid back and no hassle. Give this guy a shout and tell him that Barrett sent ya. He will work you a good deal like he did me.
Old 10-09-2002, 02:17 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought from McDavid in Plano and was very happy with my salesman. As a matter of fact, I went back there about 2 hours ago and found out that my salesman had left. I'm going to try and find him to see if he is still with Acura. John Lacourse in the service department has been great to work with. Tell him that Mason from Lexus sent you if you go for service. He has helped a few of my customers out.

Good luck.
Old 10-09-2002, 05:19 PM
OMGHI2U!

I've only been to Vandergriff and Goodson. Vandergriff has service prices literally half of what Goodson charges. Don't expect any frills from Vandergriff (nice waiting room, complementary beverages, ect...). Vandergriff is building a new Acura dealership right next to their Honda one, so hopefully that will change. I bring my car there for service, but for any warranty repairs, I go to Goodson (they have loaners ).

I was not happy with my sales person at Goodson. I bought my car on September 10th 2001, and they tried to nickle and dime me, and the car had 172 miles on it when I took delivery of it. When I brought that to the salesman's attention, he downplayed it. I will never buy another car from them. I took delivery of the car on the 11th (I will not forget that day) and the salesman had the day off, but he forgot to tell me. Oops!

Their service department is ok, they replaced a fog light for me after I bought one and 3 weeks later it broke. I've since put on Xpel. That's the only good experience I've had with them.

It took them 6 months (I'm not kidding) to replace a broken visor when I took delivery of my car, and the service advisor pawned me off on someone else when they finally got the part. First she ordered the wrong color, then she ordered the wrong color again, and finally she got it right.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:57 AM
Cruisin'

I think it's just luck of the draw on who you get. When I shopped for my CL, Goodson wouldn't even give me 1/2 of the blue book on my trade in. So I went to McDavid and they gave me $5000. more on the it. But a year later when we went to shop for my wife's TL it was reversed. McDavid wouldn't budge on lowballing us on her trade in. Goodson was willing to give somewhat more but we ended up just selling her car to Carmax which beat out both even considering the tax savings of a trade in.

As far as service, well when I brought my car to Mcdavid for a problem w/ the memory seat they said they had to order a new rail assembly. So I call back a few days later and was told it was on order. Then a week later I call and now they say it was never order and to bring the car back in. Pissed, I went to Goodson for a try. They fixed it in one day.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:55 PM
Instructor

I bought mine from vandergriff cuz goodson didnt want to play my fax games (see edmunds TL shopping forums) and mcdavid stopped negotiating at 1k off msrp. I live in richardson so arlington is too much of a drive for service, so i go to mcdavid now. They are hit-and-miss situations sometimes. First time at mcdavid, it was purely warranty repairs. The lady's first question to me was: "did you buy your car from us". I answered no, and her attitude seemed to totally change. I needed 4 things done: the famous sunroof squeaking, my passenger power seat died for some reason, and my window shiny trim was peeling, and my passenger side mirror had a bit of overspray on it. The lady called up the manager, and he told me they wouldnt warranty the mirror because he claims its been repainted. I've only had the car for 3 months, and I KNOW it hasnt- but they insist it did and wouldnt fix it. The chair- they ordered a new motor, the sunroof they claim not to hear any squeaks, and the trim they fixed, but kept my car for 3 days while giving me an integra loaner.

On another trip, I needed something else replaced, but they were busy and the service guy asked me to make an appointment for the following week. I did, and when I went, they said they were out of loaners. Then why did I make that appointment? They then called enterprise to give me a car, and some lady drives up in a metro. I said I dont want that, because I brought in a TL and I expect a midsize or better. She explains that being 19, the only class of cars I could get was "compact" and that I could bring it back to "upgrade to a neon" if one was available later. (Never before have I heard "upgrade" and "neon" being used together like that). I declined, and had a friend pick me up, only to find out later they didnt fix it anyways.

I later went back to vandergriff to get the mirror replaced, and they did that without question. I just get the feeling dealers treat you better if you bought the car from them. *sigh*

edit: I agree sometimes its luck of the draw on who you get, but I also think age matters too. They dont like younger people driving luxo cars.