In-Dash CD Changer/Player

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 09:55 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy In-Dash CD Changer/Player

My '03 TL-P in-dash cd player has been broken for over a month. The cd's do not play, load, or eject and the display flashes an irritating "Er-01" message. So after only 1500 miles, I was forced to take the car to the dealer to get it fixed/replaced.

Well it's been over a month now! They said the replacement cd player will be here in 5 days... They were nice at first saying they'll call me as soon as it comes in. Since they didn't call me, after two weeks I gave them a call to see what was the problem. They said give'em a couple of more days. So I waited and waited and just today they told me the cd player was backordered a month ago.

I didn't pay for a TL-P with a cassette deck and radio. What would you do? What CAN I do?
Old 08-13-2002, 10:21 PM
Safety Car

Re: In-Dash CD Changer/Player

Originally posted by Stardom2k2
My '03 TL-P in-dash cd player has been broken for over a month. The cd's do not play, load, or eject and the display flashes an irritating "Er-01" message. So after only 1500 miles, I was forced to take the car to the dealer to get it fixed/replaced.

Well it's been over a month now! They said the replacement cd player will be here in 5 days... They were nice at first saying they'll call me as soon as it comes in. Since they didn't call me, after two weeks I gave them a call to see what was the problem. They said give'em a couple of more days. So I waited and waited and just today they told me the cd player was backordered a month ago.

I didn't pay for a TL-P with a cassette deck and radio. What would you do? What CAN I do?
Replace it with a DVD
Old 08-14-2002, 10:02 AM
Drifting

Re: In-Dash CD Changer/Player

Originally posted by Stardom2k2

Technically if you car is in at the dealer for more than 30 days for repair work...it's considered a lemon. I wonder if you can do that in this case . I would ***** at the dealer and talk to their service manager...but if the part is on backorder...I don't know what you could really do.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:30 AM
Pro

burn the place down. Just kidding. Talk to the service manager and tell them that you want compensation.

Time is Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2002, 03:50 PM
Drifting

I think at the very least...you might get one month of car payment paid for.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:49 AM
Cruisin'

errrrrrrrrrr it's 5 weeks now!!!!!
Old 08-21-2002, 08:29 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sometimes.. it might help to go to a competing dealer and try your luck
Old 08-21-2002, 09:18 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Is it five weeks of not having thje car or five weeks of not having the radio. If its the radio, tell them to giver you one off a new model and replace that one with a new one when it gets in. Or just wait. Take it to another dealer and see how fast they can get it.
Old 08-21-2002, 01:38 PM
Banned

well it could be something else... if u had disconnected the battery.. then u reset the radio which means u have to put in a code. the code should be in the manual u were given. theres a card inside the manual that has the number... push the number using the radio buttons and it should work.... its happebed to me before.
Old 08-21-2002, 03:31 PM
Advanced

My cd player is doing the same thing there are 4 cd's stuck in the changer and i brought it to the dealer like a week ago.. he ordered me a new radio and said i would get a letter from them when my radio comes in.. thank God it is free cause it is under warrenty.. He said it could be a week anywhere up to 2 months depending on how many are on order from the factory.. i hope it is sooner rather than later.
Old 08-21-2002, 10:01 PM
Cruisin'

bigman, it's the radio... I wouldn't know what to do if it was the car itself

str8acura, it's not the code (I kinda wished it was too )

babybau, it seems like we're in the same boat. hope we get it soon