Damn service dept charged for stuff they didn't do argh!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 11:06 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Angry Damn service dept charged for stuff they didn't do argh!

I just went in for the 7500mile service and they said they were going to do, brakes, oil change, retorque suspension, rotate tires and a few other things for like $90. So I am like watever, I was pretty much watching them the whole time and I only saw them rotate and change oil. So i ask can you inspect brakes without taking of the tires? He gives me a BS answer of yeah, just not too well he should check when the tires are off. I just saw him take the lug nuts off and carry the tires to the other wheel to rotate them. He didn't even take a look. Then his manager comes by and says they were checked... i said again he just rotate the tires right away and then he tries to tell me that
at 7500 miles nothing really happens to the brakes, its too early". so why the hell you charge me for it especially when i paid for it. eventually he gave me back a whole $15!! lol I wasn't too sure if they retorque the suspension either. dumb valleysteam acura dealer.

I think I will change my oil and rotate my own tires from now on.

btw, saw a ssm 02/03 TLS w/ oem kit + spoiler and dropped with rims... had some other exhaust other than stock too at valleystream acrua around 9am to noon. "LIKMYTLS" was his plate too lol =) I definitely need a drop plus a body kit when the dough rolls around.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:57 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, Im due for my service as well, how much they charge you all together for the 7500 service?? I got quotes for 150 for that service. Let me know man..thanx!
Old 11-07-2003, 01:26 AM
Racer

most any service from the dealer that involves a bunch of "inspect this and that" should just be done on your own and pay for the actual service items.
Old 11-07-2003, 06:26 AM
Drifting

NYDESI80:
They told me $90 for that service at ValleyStream acura... near Sunrise Highway and the Green Acres Mall. Just watch them do it cause they'll probably won't do a couple of things there. Rallye probably quouted you $150 righT?

medic:
Yeah I gotta learn how to do it all on my own now. This is my first car and I got a lot to learn.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:09 AM
The axeman Cometh

DONT take your car in for the xxx service intervals. My 99 has NEVER seen the inside of an Acura service bay...well except last month when I had the T-Belt done. The service intervals are the biggest rip off. Just do the things that you know need doing...oil, fluids, brakes, and dont let some idiot service monkey **** around with your car. Remember...if it aint broke, dont fix it!!!

Axe
Old 11-07-2003, 12:47 PM
Racer

Originally posted by axeman
DONT take your car in for the xxx service intervals. My 99 has NEVER seen the inside of an Acura service bay...well except last month when I had the T-Belt done. The service intervals are the biggest rip off. Just do the things that you know need doing...oil, fluids, brakes, and dont let some idiot service monkey **** around with your car. Remember...if it aint broke, dont fix it!!!
Axe
So you don't recommend going in for the 30,000 mile services? I really hate giving the dealer anymore money since I've had so many bad experiences with them but I figured the service you get every 30,000 miles might be something thats needed. I suppose I prolly should just take it to an import shop, it has to be cheaper than the $300 acura charges.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:09 PM
Racer

Originally posted by axeman

Axe
I have to agree as well. The way cars are built today makes these service "visits" a joke.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:09 PM
Banned

Bxscig: Yeah, Rallye quoted me 150 on the phone, along with the other dealers. I wonder why Valley Stream is cheaper. Did you buy your car there? BTW I plan on just taking my car in for an oil change, and I pay Mavis 15 bux to rotate my dad tires. But if your saying Valley Stream is only 90 bux, then I'll just go there since atleast I'll have a record at the dealer, which looks good if there is any problem down the line.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:27 PM
Drifting

I just know Rallye loves to charge a whole lot more. I tried to get my TL there but they had much higher prices. Valleystream was nicer and gave me the lowest price when I bought the car.

I thought $90 was expensive lol oil change was $26 and then I guess rotate the tires and stuff cost the other $65. Their hourly rate is only a little cheaper than Rallye.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:33 PM
Instructor

those services are a waste of time and money......not to mention a big joke!!!

you can also try paragon acura on northern blvd in queens.....so far so good with my experiences
Old 11-07-2003, 03:15 PM
is the Mighty Favog

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All those visits for the Service Intervals will only add up to the amount of the repair bill that the dealer will "grant" you coverage on the next slightly-out-of-warranty thing that goes wrong.