Damaged left side skirt

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 10:51 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damaged left side skirt

Title says it; Can I purchase just the left skirt or is it sold as pair? It's NBP; Also, it was originally put on by dealer. Is it easy to change out? What is involved? Any help would be appreciated.

wizard1
Old 11-06-2004, 03:44 PM
Banned

im really starting to get sick of these people who search google for something and find out forums. Then decide to make an account just to ask one stupid question. GO AWAY.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:40 PM
Banned

i got a left skirt, let me know if you are interested
Old 11-06-2004, 07:26 PM
What your problem is?

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Natismati
im really starting to get sick of these people who search google for something and find out forums. Then decide to make an account just to ask one stupid question. GO AWAY.
that is how i found this forum..... so I is :'(
Old 11-07-2004, 07:31 AM
10th Gear

Another useless attack to an honest question. Grow up.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts

I, and the other mods are getting sick of people getting replies like yours. Giving no help, and needlessly criticize them. That discourages them from posting, and new people from joining, and becoming active posters. You've been here a little over a year, when did you get appointed a mod or administrator??? Leave that to us, because you obviously aren't qualified.

Why dont you stop posting, take your own advice and GO AWAY. We'd rather have members here asking questions, and contributing, then just villifying others for no reason.

To answer the question. If you dont have the body kit, the best way to find the replacement for the OEM sideskirt is to find someone who took theirs off for the body kit install. Many people have them sitting around somewhere in their garage just taking up space. While our cars were being sold new, some dealerships would give them to you for free because they would just throw them out after installing a body kit.

Search around these boards for someone local to you who has a body kit, and see if they will sell you their stock body side skirts. Also post a wanted post in the 4 sale section.

Now would this answer pop up on a google search Natismati???? I wonder how many questions of yours could be solved with google searches.

If you are talking about the body kit, then you'll have to buy a pair unless you can find someone who damaged their right one, and bought a replacement pair. Or even better find someone who damaged one side, and will go in with you on buying a pair.

Once you find one, the instructions for how easy is it to remove, do a search on the body kit install. Its easy, and a step by step is on this board, just do a search for it.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
you better wise up Nathan, or you might be surprised who ends up going away.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:35 PM
woooo!!

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Umm, I don't see what's so wrong about googling this site and then registering as a member to ask a question... isn't it what this forum is all about? helping others out and discussing stuff? neg pts dude.

And regarding the topic, I have my side skirts removed just a couple of days ago but they are heather mist metallic... so sorry bro unless you want to get them stripped + repainted. If you are still interested send me a private message or reply in the thread.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:58 PM
Banned

I also have the stock skirts in my closet. They are White Taffeta.......so guess you can't use them. As far as installing. Uninstall and install are very simple. Follow the link below and download the Acura instruction for installing underbody kit side skirts. It shows you how to uninstall the stock ones.
http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1444

MOD EDIT: This type of cross-link not allowed. -XPDitor
Old 11-07-2004, 07:03 PM
10th Gear

Thanks; I may have conveyed the wrong message; I need the OEM left skirt; not the one that comes with the car; This kit was put on by the dealer; I have the original; I need the accesory left skirt; Thanks to all; P.S. It is NBP. wizard1.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:29 PM
woooo!!

Originally Posted by wizard1
Thanks; I may have conveyed the wrong message; I need the OEM left skirt; not the one that comes with the car; This kit was put on by the dealer; I have the original; I need the accesory left skirt; Thanks to all; P.S. It is NBP. wizard1.
Oh in that case... can your damaged skirt be repaired or that's out of the question? The OEM kit is hard to come by these days... almost all dealers around the country don't have stock anymore and if you do find it, i don't know if they would just sale you one piece. Hmmm, call your dealer and ask?

The online retailer thats sponsoring this forum (autocarparts.com) has the side skirts for sale but you have to buy a pair.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Competing forum cross link

Ummm..... reltated to this thread and the link that was posted, I thought we were not allowing links to competing forums??

I have edited it out in an abundance of caution. If it's OK to link to that board, feel free to put "acurainspired" back in where the xxxx's are.

Here's the post: https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...61&postcount=9
Old 11-07-2004, 11:39 PM
Banned

the one that i pm you is the oem underspoiler kit, not the stock one, i only have the left side, the only bad thing is in gunmetal
Old 11-07-2004, 11:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hzm82
I also have the stock skirts in my closet. They are White Taffeta.......so guess you can't use them. As far as installing. Uninstall and install are very simple. Follow the link below and download the Acura instruction for installing underbody kit side skirts. It shows you how to uninstall the stock ones.
http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1444

MOD EDIT: This type of cross-link not allowed. -XPDitor
WHAT THE HELL? I can't even post a link to help out a person for DIY purpose? It's not like I'm advertising another site. You mods talk about helping members out. TALK ABOUT HYPOCRITES.

You know what? go ahead and ban me. Cuz I know I didn't do anything wrong by posting a helpful DIY link or talking out. I have posted DIY over and over on this site and you know what? They don't exist anymore. GOD what a joke. How do you expect to help any members out. Go ahead and edit this message too.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
There is a history & reasons for some of the rules we follow, and if you dont know all the facts, and info, but still feel like adding your 2 cents, go right ahead. I find it a conflict of interest however when you steer members from our own site to a different site that you also Moderate on under the guise of just distributing info. Its not like the info is ot be found here, and can only be found some place else. Did you bother looking? A simple search of our own 2nd gen forum brought up the below info in a few seconds.

How to Install your OEM Body Kit.

As far as the kit goes, installation was pretty simple. Everything except the front piece used the OEM holes.

Front piece

First jack up the front of the car, for easier access. The front piece required drilling new holes in the underside of the bumper. To line it up, just place the lip on the car. Mine stayed on without any problems even with no one holding it. Then get under the car, and drill through the holes in the lip spoiler, into the bumper, and follow that by using the screws that came with the kit to hold it on. In order to access the other side of the nuts, remove the plugs holding the lower black undercladding on, and slide your hands in. These are simple push plugs, so just pry the center out with a flathead, and then pull the plug out.

The two corners of the front lip required using two hallow ring washers that come with the kit. These take up some slack between the kit and the bumper.

Thats all she wrote for the front piece.

The Side Skirts

To take off the stock skirts, ones you need to first remove the screws in the front wheel well that screw into the sideskirts. When you look under the car, there are very visible screws that hold the stock skirt to the body of the car. These all need to be removed as well. Once all the screws are out, you you need to push the side skirt forward towards the front of the car to get it off. I used a bar and wedged it between the OEM skirt and the rear wheel for more leverage, and levered it forwards. It takes a good amount of force, so dont be scared to put your back into it. As long as all your screws are out, it will pop the skirt right off.

Once you take the skirt off, you'll see white plugs in square holes in the side of the car. These need to be reused, so take them out by rotating them 90 degrees and then pulling them straight out. Slide thes plugs into the inside of the body kit's sideskirts, then line up the skirt's plugs with the corresponding holes and push the skirt straight onto the car. Follow that by reinstalling the screws under the car and in the front wheel well, and you are all done with these pieces.

Rear skirt

I jacked up the rear of the car just to give me a little more access under my dropped car.

First slide in all the clips that come in the kit into the corresponding slots that are already
cut out in the rear bumper's lower lip. You'll see the slots when you are under the car looking up at the under, inner side of the rear bumper. Then just put on the body kits rear lip and screw the screws on into the clips to hold it on. It helps to have a second set of hands for this part. After that is done, you also have to drill two small holes in the rear wheel well for the ends of the rear skirt. I didnt even bother taking the raer wheel offf for this, as I used a dremel with a drill bit on it that fit right in. I drilled a crooked hole, and just put in the two screws on each side. Its no big deal for the screws to go in at a perfect 90 degree angle.

Thats it, you should be done now.

Total time it took was about 1 to 2 hours including jacking the car up at all points,
getting all my tools, etc, etc.

If you have any more questions, let me know. I wrote the above instructions myself.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:03 PM
woooo!!

Originally Posted by hzm82
WHAT THE HELL? I can't even post a link to help out a person for DIY purpose? It's not like I'm advertising another site. You mods talk about helping members out. TALK ABOUT HYPOCRITES.

You know what? go ahead and ban me. Cuz I know I didn't do anything wrong by posting a helpful DIY link or talking out. I have posted DIY over and over on this site and you know what? They don't exist anymore. GOD what a joke. How do you expect to help any members out. Go ahead and edit this message too.
damnn i think you guys kinda went too far with hzm... could have just gave a warning to him to not post links to other forums instead of editing his post and giving him major neg rep. i mean come on he was just trying to help the guy out and even if it's a rule to not cross-link we all make mistakes from time to time, yes? give him a chance.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr Hyde

I, and the other mods are getting sick of people getting replies like yours. Giving no help, and needlessly criticize them. That discourages them from posting, and new people from joining, and becoming active posters. You've been here a little over a year, when did you get appointed a mod or administrator??? Leave that to us, because you obviously aren't qualified.

Why dont you stop posting, take your own advice and GO AWAY. We'd rather have members here asking questions, and contributing, then just villifying others for no reason.

To answer the question. If you dont have the body kit, the best way to find the replacement for the OEM sideskirt is to find someone who took theirs off for the body kit install. Many people have them sitting around somewhere in their garage just taking up space. While our cars were being sold new, some dealerships would give them to you for free because they would just throw them out after installing a body kit.

Search around these boards for someone local to you who has a body kit, and see if they will sell you their stock body side skirts. Also post a wanted post in the 4 sale section.

Now would this answer pop up on a google search Natismati???? I wonder how many questions of yours could be solved with google searches.

If you are talking about the body kit, then you'll have to buy a pair unless you can find someone who damaged their right one, and bought a replacement pair. Or even better find someone who damaged one side, and will go in with you on buying a pair.

Once you find one, the instructions for how easy is it to remove, do a search on the body kit install. Its easy, and a step by step is on this board, just do a search for it.
aww your going to ban me!! please im pooping my panties.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:07 PM
10th Gear

aww your going to ban me!! please im pooping my panties.
I used to enjoy this forum before smart-mouthed punks such as yourself started to buy used, 2nd generation Tl's.

You are a perfect example of immaturity ruining an informative and helpful site.

Have a good day.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Nati, cut the drama. These are legit questions that deserve answers, not pompous pontifications from punks such as yourself. You are not running the place and for that, we are glad. Wise up or face a ban.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:13 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 644 Likes on 285 Posts
I have a pair of white ones.....