Dallas area meet PICs link and activities update

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2001, 09:39 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Dallas area meet PICs link and activities update

Link to the 10/27 Dallas Area Meet

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=51959

It was a great time meeting all the folks!

Other than the fact that we didn't have much time together, it was great all the way around. Got to see some nice cars and see some of the mods up close. Notice that Silver seems to rule in this part of town. Let's get some other colors out here next time.

I must say I like the look of the Mungen rear spoiler on PlanoTLS' ride. Rootbeer was out driving emans moded ride (headers, CAI, and more I think) to see how it felt.

Mantis and a friend of his (sorry I forgot your name) and myself were out testing PlanoTLS suspension mods. (Sway bar and spings) I got to take it through some nice S-curves and was doing 60MPH and accelerating. Mind you with 4 guys in the car! WOW, no bodyroll!! I really LOVED IT!
Can't wait for the chance to have mine done.

BTW - PlanoTLS got all his mods through Snook too!!

After we got back most of us had to run. Mantis and I headed up Coit and stopped at the light to chat about how bad our handling felt after driving PlanoTLS ride. When the light changed we took off and had a friendly little run at it. We didn't do much since Mantis had a bad tranny, but some guy in a Vette took notice of us horsing around. We slow down and the Vette catches up and pulls next to Mantis and I'm tailing the Vette. The guy in the Vette looks over at Mantis and starts to egg him on. (I'm just a 4-dr and he's not really interested in me. :o Well bad tranny or not Mantis gives him his best shot.

Meanwhile, I pull into the left outer lane next to the Vette. As the Vette nails it I'm in 2nd doing 45MPH. The Vette is pulling us a little at this point, but not by much. By 80MPH Mantis' tranny is giving him grief so now it just me and the Vette. By 90MPH the Vette manages to eck out a 1 to 1 1/2 car lead. But, now I'm in full VTEC mode and actually gaining ever so slightly on the Vette. At 115MPH (7200RPM in 3rd) we are coming up on traffic and I now when to quit, but I did close the gap to about 1 car length before he should have started walking away from me.

What a way to end a great little meet. I bet if I had the mystery mod I would have stay right with the Vette or even pulled him slightly.

Anyway, looking forward to the next time we can do this and I hope more folks can make it.

RUF