Crashed My Poor Tl, It Wasn't Even Her Fault

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 10:50 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Crashed My Poor Tl, It Wasn't Even Her Fault

hey guys, thought it wouldn't happend to me, but it did, always gotta be some stupid ass drivers out there, i was driving on a road with speedllmit of 40 or 45 i was goin bout 45 50, there was a car in the median that pulled right infront of me when the other lane was clear i try to avoid her by slamming on the brakes goin in the grass the driver side still hit the back of her car, and my car went to the right into the grass, no no wait its not over, my front bumper hits a MANHOLE! (sewer lid that stuck out not the normal ones) it ripped the lid off crack my whole bumper and bodykit, AIRBAGS came out, car started smoking after that so my friend that was with me was like just get out the car man just get out, so we got out. i started cursin out the lady , i said sorry to her later, i just couldnt help me man, the anger i had when i saw my front end in smokes,

well then the cops came , and gave her a ticket for a faluire to yeild, because she said she turned but didn't see me, thas cuz the stupid ***** didnt even look she just kept going, there was no way i could avoid it, then the tow trucks came and tow my car home because the passanger side wheel's control arm and joints r broken,

if you guys got any tips help me out, im calling insurance tommorow and her insurance is fixing everything, any helpful tips would be helpful, my MAIN concern right now is to have my car exactly back to normal. i want it to drive the same as it did before.

heres the damages:
1. Front bumper and lip kit (GONEE cracked and everything)
2. Driver side headlight (scratched up and broken plastic pieces inside)
3. Passanger side headlight (pushed down,not lined up, i want to break it more to make sure they'll replace it. should i?)
4. Passanger side fender (pushed back but not dented, but when i open the door it makes TUNK noise).
5. Passanger side front wheel suspension, just all fuked up
6. Radiator cracked and leaking
7. Power steering fuild all came out.
8. Hood latch a bit unaligned.
9. Both Driver side and passanger side AIRBAGS Deployed.
10. And anything else that i don't know about yet

I just want my car back to normal I have a feeling that passanger side suspension isn't going ot be the same, you think it will? This is the first time i got into an accident that had this much damage. Poor car , it wasn't even her fault.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:52 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

front side
Old 01-18-2004, 10:53 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

Manhole damage
Old 01-18-2004, 10:56 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

Me hitting the other car damage.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

I feel for ya man. I'd be crying if that was my baby. The important thing is no one got hurt. Your car can always be replaced (if needed, which in this case it doesn't appear to be too much damage), but you can't be, so be thankful for that. As for the repairs, make sure you take her to be fixed at a reputable shop. If you have the option, take it too acura, since you know you won't get the run-around about it being fixed.

good luck with that, and hope all goes well.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:57 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

more..
Old 01-18-2004, 11:00 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

Manhole damage
Old 01-18-2004, 11:01 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

Manhole damage!
Old 01-18-2004, 11:03 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Brings back memories of when I crashed my '99 TL-P Sorry to hear about your accident. Mine, just like yours was caused by some idiot driver to didn't know "Red" means stop..or yield in your case. Don't worry too much..accidents do happen with cars..that's why we have insurance. Good luck and keep us updated
Old 01-18-2004, 11:03 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

control arms and joints broken
Old 01-19-2004, 12:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question did you read the list!!!???

Originally posted by sc354
I feel for ya man. I'd be crying if that was my baby. The important thing is no one got hurt. Your car can always be replaced (if needed, which in this case it doesn't appear to be too much damage), but you can't be, so be thankful for that. As for the repairs, make sure you take her to be fixed at a reputable shop. If you have the option, take it too acura, since you know you won't get the run-around about it being fixed.

good luck with that, and hope all goes well.
THAT IS THOUSAND$ OF $'S IN DAMAGE!!! IT NEEDS TO GO TO THE DEALER! YOU MIGHT HAVE SOME FRAME DAMAGE? LET THE DEALER GIVE YOU THE COST TO MAKE IT BRAND NEW, AND GIVE THE BILL TO HER INSURANCE COMPANY!!! STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 12:43 AM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

Acura dealers have body shops?? , i was thinking about just taking it to this pretty big body shop around here, my friend took his car there and he said they did a good job. I just got that daym body kit too, that front lip is like a month old.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:44 AM
Racer

Sh*t, replacing the airbags will cost some ca$h...
Old 01-19-2004, 01:11 AM
Instructor

just cash out and get retail on it, and then get a newer one
Old 01-19-2004, 01:43 AM
I love cars!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If you're not upside down on the car, it might be just the opportunity to upgrade to the '04. Whenever you try to trade or sell it, this accident WILL come up and lower your selling price. I'd get rid of it. These are nice cars, true, but yours took a bit of damage and will take a but of work to get straight again.
Old 01-19-2004, 03:16 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Bumper and headlights will cost about 1,500. Airbags will cost a couple of thousands. Suspension damage, can't say for sure since I can't see anything in those pictures. But let's assume 1,000.

That's about 4,500-5,500 dollars in damages. I don't know what year your car is, but it might get totalled. In fact, if it sustained moderate to severe suspension damages, it's better to get totalled. Push for a total with the insurance adjuster.

Good luck.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:26 AM
Banned

i went to a acura dealer and they were more interested in fixing the car in a HURRY then actually fixing it good. they were the worst EVER.
I repeat dont go to a acura dealer body shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

find a good bodyshop that you know is good, have someone reccommend one in your area.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:49 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I went to a Acura dealer and they did a pretty good job although it cost more $$$. It doesn't look like a lot of body work but it all adds up. A little here and a little there could be $10 or so. The airbags are expensive.

For the passenger headlight, you would have to crack it othewise they would say it was normal wear and tear.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Is it just me or do your front tires look bald? Dude be careful, when the lady's insurance rep comes out to estimate the damage. They may have a claim on you, stating that you were unable to stop due to extreme tire tread wear.

Just an FYI
Old 01-19-2004, 07:57 AM
Instructor

Geez... nsxnext has a point... a very valid one...
Old 01-19-2004, 08:23 AM
New Life

Originally posted by bbznyc
Geez... nsxnext has a point... a very valid one...
First, very sorry to see and hear this, you should be ok as far as insurance, but I have to agree that if you can total the car is better, you might have some suspension problems later and you said the door makes noise when you open it, thats frame twisted.

Now the problem is that she enter his right of way and she was merging into his lane so I don't think so and she got the ticket. But next time your tires get that worn out, get some new tires as soon as possible.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:52 AM
TL-S driver

Sorry to hear! Good thing your friend and yourself wasn't injured in the accident. Best of luck with the fixing process. Keep us posted on what the damage estimate is going to be.
Old 01-19-2004, 09:07 AM
Intermediate

WOW :wow: Sorry for your lost. Atleast you guys were alright. It's also a good thing the girl owned up to her mistake. Good luck with everything.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:26 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

Unhappy

Thanks guys for the tips, My car is a 99 with 72k miles, i don't think they will total it? unless its like 13 to 15k in damages right?
it has to be over the value of the car right? about the tires there kind of bald and i was going to replace them soon, but even if my tires were brand new i couldn't have avoided what that lady did.

say its 7k in damages there not gonna total it right?

what causes a car to be totaled?

as for that headlight im gonna make sure that ***** cracks, i dont want one normal headlight and one blackhousing headlight. i was thinkin bout takin out the HID's lol and sell em or something heh, but i dont wanna get in trob from insurance or something.

this morning i was hopeing it was a dream, but went in the garage and saw her crying, power steering fluid leaking on the floor, she looks so sadd
Old 01-19-2004, 02:58 PM
Pusha Z

sorry for the loss bro. She will never be the same again
Old 01-19-2004, 03:07 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally posted by BLaCk Acc
Thanks guys for the tips, My car is a 99 with 72k miles, i don't think they will total it? unless its like 13 to 15k in damages right?
it has to be over the value of the car right? about the tires there kind of bald and i was going to replace them soon, but even if my tires were brand new i couldn't have avoided what that lady did.

say its 7k in damages there not gonna total it right?

what causes a car to be totaled?

as for that headlight im gonna make sure that ***** cracks, i dont want one normal headlight and one blackhousing headlight. i was thinkin bout takin out the HID's lol and sell em or something heh, but i dont wanna get in trob from insurance or something.

this morning i was hopeing it was a dream, but went in the garage and saw her crying, power steering fluid leaking on the floor, she looks so sadd
First of all, DO NOT touch that headlight. You posted on a public forum, for God's sake. What, do you want to rot in the slammer for insurance fraud? Don't do it.

Second of all, damage total only has to be a certain percentage of the car's current value to consider the vehicle a total. Usually it's about 70% or so. But there are exceptions of course, such as when the damage is minimal, but the frame is completely screwed up, in which case the car's automatically totalled (almost) regardless of the car's value.

And about the tire wear, NSXNEXT has a good point. However, if this does go to a hearing, then BLaCk's attorney will argue that BLaCk wouldn't even have had to stop if the lady hadn't gotten in his way. Hell, BLaCk could've been driving with a piece of paper for a rotor and an eraser tip for a brake pad, with aluminum tires, for all I care. The cause of the accident was the lady jumping out in front of him. Therefore, it really doesn't matter how bald his tires are.

Again, DO NOT touch that passenger side headlight. You informed a lot of people about your intention of committing insurance fraud on a public message board. That's a bad idea. You never know who's watching.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:10 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

nah i took a look at the passanger side headlight this morning in day light and the piece that holds it is completly broken so they have to change that headlight anyway.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:35 PM
Oracle Apps/Database Dude

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
if the frame's bent, it will look like they'll total it
Old 01-20-2004, 12:21 AM
Instructor

I saw a bumper for your TL on ebay for only 50.00..good luck
Old 01-23-2004, 04:44 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

i got the estimate on my car yesterdayy

turns out parts and crapp is like $5,200
and with labor and everything its $8,000 !

they said its repairable and isn't totalled so there going to fix it.

they said it'll take a couple of weeks, im guessing 2 or 3?? anyone know how long it usually takes. this sucks!

guess how much my lip in the front was?? $400!!! thas crazy it cost more then the front bumper($260).
Old 01-24-2004, 09:59 AM
8th Gear

Bodyshops have a way of saying 2-3 weeks and it usually goes an extra couple of weeks. I know I am speaking from experience, my car is still in the shop ever since December 28th.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:34 AM
6th Gear

That doesn't look like the tire, it looks like the wheel well liner....I thought that when I first saw it too.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:26 AM
Alien from Mars

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
you should try to get it totalled dude.. insurance company is try to save their ass fromthe costs... and lastly i dunno about florida, but if airbags deploy here in texas, its automatically totalled no matter what and if there is any frame/suspension damge there a second reason right there.. fight for ur claim dude.. dont let the insurance company do that to u.. and lastly my car is in acura body shop too for rear replacemtn and they are puttin ALL USED JUNKYARD PARTS! make sure they are quoting you for NEW PARTS not used! i was a little late to inform them cuz i didnt know that i could of gotten new parts if i really requested but the order already went through

goodluck

and the good side is that IF U CANNOT EVER EVER get it totalled, it is atleast at the right body shop.. John eagle acura (here) are rated 1/9 to be Factory Certified Acura And Honda Repair Facility in the whole U.S because there frame repairs and the quality of it are really good.. i dunno if mine is a special case or not after all the *****in i had with the insurance but they are giving me lifetime warranty on all parts and paint.. so make sure u get that if there putting used parts
Old 01-25-2004, 01:36 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

We'll its not too bad he showed me where the frame is a bit bent in the front but they have a computerized machine that will bend it back to stock position. he said just cuz a frame is bent doesnt always mean its totalled it. it all depends on how and where its bent. in my case is said its repairable. and by the way i already made sure of that he said hes putting all brand new genuine honda/acura parts. hes ordering all the parts straight from acura.
and the shop is pretty big, my friend took his car there and i saw it they did it a pretty good job! his civic looked brand freakin new in the front and it was a 96.

statefarm is the one paying for it, and they said i could take it anywhere i want, as long as there certified or some crapp
but i took it to The recovery room because i heard good things bout it and its near my house, im gonna check up on my baby tommorow