cops can suck my ****

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2001, 01:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink cops can suck my ****

I got pulled by a NC State Trooper this afternoon for not having my seatbelt on. This is a $25 ticket, but to make matters worse, he gave me an additional $90 ticket for having a tinted cover over my plate. I told him exactly what I thought of him too. Where was this guy when I hit 140 on the freeway yesterday?

Stupid mother****er.

Just ventin' some steam...
Old 03-14-2001, 01:48 PM
Pro

Smile

North Carolina Police are probably the worst in the nation. Good thing they don't represent their people. Sorry to hear about that.
Old 03-14-2001, 01:51 PM
Pro

That sux man. But you really should wear a seat belt. It saved my life!

------------------
Rosewood 97 3.2 TL Premium
-HID Headlights
-PIAA 1400X Platinum Series Fogs
-Clifford Solaris Alarm w/Remote Start
-Alpine Deck 7862
-Punch 800 Amplifier
-Obcon Custom Prefab Box w/Fosgate HX2 subs
-MB Quart Mids Front/Rear
-Infiniti Tweets
-10% Tint
-Factory Spoiler to be ordered!
Old 03-14-2001, 02:22 PM
Banned

I don't mean to be nag or anything, but DDubb is right -- I was fortunate enough to be wearing my seatbelt in a bad accident. I would have DEFINITELY died had I not been wearing it. That cop would rather give you a ticket than have to peel you off the road. Anyway, be careful.
Old 03-14-2001, 02:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

That su*k anyway if u have ur seatbelt on u won't get pull over,then u won't have ur $90 ticket.so every think start with u don't have ur seatbelt on.those think can save ur live.i think the $90 ticket u can fight it.Good Luck.If i have Hummer i'll run over those cops.

------------------
2000 3.2TL Firepepper red w/o nav
stock spoiler
Bosch 4+ platinum spark plug
25% Tint/Mud guards/
acura-tl.com sticker at front windshield
Comptect springs

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by VTEC on March 14, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-14-2001, 03:26 PM
Racer

Yeah, let me add my 2 cents (like others would say)...

It saved me my life in high school back in 1991. We would all race home after school (total of 11 cars) on the Garden State Parkway. At the time I was driving a Porsche 944 going 130mph...Unfortunately, I lost control because a van cut me off. I turned my wheel to ride the shoulder..I ended up going into the trees. I tried to open the door, but couldn't. I was able to get out by kicking out the windshield. 10 minutes later, my car blew up. Anybody remember that day in April of 1991 on exit 136? Anyone see me? They shut down the parkway for about an half and hour trying to put out the fire. Luckily, my girlfriend at the time wasn't in the passenger seat cuz I probably would have lost her. To add to it...The state trooper gave me a reckless driving ticket on the way to the hospital. He said he could tell I was going at a high rate of speed by just looking at the skid marks. Since then, I've been wearing my seatbelt everyday! So...Buckle Up!

------------------
2001 Acura TL Laguna Green Metallic
Stock for now...
Wood Grain kit/Wood Knob/Rear Spoiler/Inspire Lights/K&N Filter ...More to come very soon!
djalliance@acura-tl.com
Old 03-14-2001, 03:59 PM
Pro

Cool

seatbelts are there to save lives...it saved mine many times...i think the fine should be larger for knuckleheads who think they don't need to wear seatbelts...especially if they hit 140 on the freeway...

------------------
1996 2.5 TL Dark Green
HKS Powerflow, HKS Fuel Pressure Regulator, Sebring Exhaust, Jacobs Pro Street, Apex-i AFC, Jet ECU, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis Metal Master Pads, PIAA 1100x, Clarion 9255, Tube Driver Amps, Boston Pro 10's (2) , CD Technologies 6-4-2, Clarion MVA6491 (3), Valentine 1, Cliford Avant Guard 4, Monster Capacitors (2), Jacobs Accuvolt, Trunk and Underdash Neons...
[URL=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/]AlbumIndex?u=1530721&a=11664800&f=0][url]
Old 03-14-2001, 03:59 PM
Drifting

you should always wear seat belt anyway

------------------
Moderator on Acura-TL.com Forums

2000 Red Hot TL w/o nav
Burlwood Trim and Shift Knob
Wood Trim Set
Gutter Guard Grill
Nebraska Legal Darkest Tint
Goodyear Eagle HP Ultra Plus 225/55/16
Photos Of My RED HOT TL
Old 03-14-2001, 05:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally posted by djalliance:
Yeah, let me add my 2 cents (like others would say)...

It saved me my life in high school back in 1991. We would all race home after school (total of 11 cars) on the Garden State Parkway. At the time I was driving a Porsche 944 going 130mph...Unfortunately, I lost control because a van cut me off. I turned my wheel to ride the shoulder..I ended up going into the trees. I tried to open the door, but couldn't. I was able to get out by kicking out the windshield. 10 minutes later, my car blew up. Anybody remember that day in April of 1991 on exit 136? Anyone see me? They shut down the parkway for about an half and hour trying to put out the fire. Luckily, my girlfriend at the time wasn't in the passenger seat cuz I probably would have lost her. To add to it...The state trooper gave me a reckless driving ticket on the way to the hospital. He said he could tell I was going at a high rate of speed by just looking at the skid marks. Since then, I've been wearing my seatbelt everyday! So...Buckle Up!

Are you also driving like a normal human being too????
Old 03-14-2001, 05:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Wink

Thanks fellas, everyone in the world says I should wear my seatbelt. I know it, and I hate to tempt fate, but it is just to uncomfortable. I've had my share of accidents without any harm, and since wearing seatbelts is only something I'll only do for my ex-girlfriend, I'm gonna keep my streak alive!

i just needed to vent, that's all, and now I'm not red-hot mad anymore, and I've stopped gritting my teeth. Thanks fellas, you guys are the best.
Old 03-14-2001, 08:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let me tell you a little story of an Associate I once new...He and his wife out for a spin in his car, lost control and slid into a telephone pole after hitting a puddle of water. The car was badly damaged and the wife was hurt but released that night from the hospital even though it was her side of the car that struck the pole. He, not wearing his seat belt slammed his head into the window then across into the steering wheel killing him instantly. He had a very successful ID Firm, married to a beautiful wife and two adoring daughters who no longer have a father or husband. He died because of not wearing a seat belt. At the funeral his father spoke and said think of the unimaginable pain we and his family are going through for years to come that all could have been avoided by a seat belt. I have worked a lot of accidents in my law enforcement careear but I have yet to see a dead victim pulled out of car wearing a seat belt.

P.S. Perhaps you got pulled over because he could not catch up to the night before. If indeed you were going that fast, no ticket, just a revocation of your DL in Florida and huge a$$ fines and community service. Sounds like you got off pretty cheap to me!

------------------
2000 TL - Laguna Green, Navi, Rear Spoiler. PIAA Hyperwhite HB's. 17" CL-S wheels with Bridgestone RE 730 - 225/45/17's. Soon to have Comptech Suspension, Sways & Axle back Exhaust.
Old 03-14-2001, 09:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Seatbelts are there for a reason...USE THEM!
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 03-14-2001, 09:41 PM
Pro

Hey, if one chooses not to use their seat belts despite knowing that it saves lives, can they be nominated for the darwin award? or do they have to actually die?

"Seat belts are not idiot proof, dont be an idiot!
Old 03-14-2001, 11:03 PM
Drifting

Unhappy

Originally posted by ken2000ac:
it is just to uncomfortable.
I CANNOT drive if my seatbelt is not buckled. I don't know what it is, but even if I jump in the car to move it, if I have to enter a road or somewhere where others are driving, I buckle up.

I know I'm a good driver but it's too much of a risk not to wear it with all the CH's (Chicken Heads) out there.

BTW: I have a tinted plate cover too and haven't had any problems when I've been pulled over quite a few times. I'm very lucky actually, I have tinted windows, tinted rear plate cover and no front plate. Haven't been pulled over in my TL, but all my cars have had the same setup and never a problem. I feel for you though, that is crappy, $90 for that...

------------------
2000 Acura 3.2 TL w/ Navigation
<A HREF="http://www.adamoski.com/acura.html" TARGET=_blank> </A>
Old 03-14-2001, 11:08 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by Acura3200:
with all the CH's (Chicken Heads) out there

LOL
Old 03-14-2001, 11:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

I started getting pulled over a lot less since I strap on a jimmy, I mean a seatbelt now !!!

Shyne--Jimmy's save lives too ...
Old 03-15-2001, 12:44 AM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Remember, wearing your seatbelt does not mean you are a bad driver. It means that you are protecting yourself from idiots who can't drive. I am amazed at how some people actually got their license in the first place.

ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!
Old 03-15-2001, 02:17 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Acura3200:
I CANNOT drive if my seatbelt is not buckled. I don't know what it is, but even if I jump in the car to move it, if I have to enter a road or somewhere where others are driving, I buckle up.

Man.... I know how you feel.... I am the same..... The first thing I do when I get on my car is to buckle up.... That's even before I put the key into the ignition......

But this is actually good man...
Old 03-15-2001, 02:20 AM
Drifting

Ken... I know how you feel man.. Sucks when you got into shit like that.....

I understand why some people feel uncomfortalbe about wearing the seatbelt... But what I really don't understand is that... When a lot people out there are moding their cars and trying to be a street "racer"... Why not wearing your seatbelt? All race car drivers wear them. As a matter of fact, I REALLY WANT TO HAVE A 4points or even 6 points seatbelf system on my car...... I think that feel WAY MORE SAFER then airbags......
Old 03-15-2001, 10:20 AM

I always buckle up - but I hate the fact that it's the LAW.
Old 03-15-2001, 12:06 PM

Anyone remember Derek Thomas, the late Kansas City Chief linebacker?
Old 03-15-2001, 02:58 PM

dj alliance.. wher ein union county do you live? I live in union. guys as far as seatbelts go.. I always put it on after I start driving and my parenst nag me because they say I should put it on before I start driving.. It has saved my life 4 times already and saved my dads like atleast 6. It doesnt matter if you are a good driver or not, but often it is the other person that drives like an idiot and smacks into you.. like happened to me on the southern state pkwy last winter, and not once but twice... so guys we like to chit chat with each other on here and want everyone to be around for many years to come.....
Old 03-15-2001, 06:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Nate:

LOL
Hahah.. I don't think they'd be concentrating on the road if they were chicken heads.
Old 03-15-2001, 06:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by SL1200MK4:
Ken... I know how you feel man.. Sucks when you got into shit like that.....

I understand why some people feel uncomfortalbe about wearing the seatbelt... But what I really don't understand is that... When a lot people out there are moding their cars and trying to be a street "racer"... Why not wearing your seatbelt? All race car drivers wear them. As a matter of fact, I REALLY WANT TO HAVE A 4points or even 6 points seatbelf system on my car...... I think that feel WAY MORE SAFER then airbags......

That's hardcore! But I know what you mean. I was in a head-on collision in a 91 Civic (no airbag). It was probably a 50mph impact. I got a bad sealbelt burn and a VERY sore back for the next week. I had to take 800mg Ibuprofins. But if it weren't for the seabelts, I wouldn't be sitting here enjoying my TL.

BTW, SL1200MK4, are you gonna put in a roll cage with that 6 point harness too?
Old 03-15-2001, 06:31 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by liutang:

That's hardcore! But I know what you mean. I was in a head-on collision in a 91 Civic (no airbag). It was probably a 50mph impact. I got a bad sealbelt burn and a VERY sore back for the next week. I had to take 800mg Ibuprofins. But if it weren't for the seabelts, I wouldn't be sitting here enjoying my TL.

BTW, SL1200MK4, are you gonna put in a roll cage with that 6 point harness too?
Well, I am getting myself a weekend "fun" car. Mainly for the track actually. So I don't think I will put roll cage, racing seats, and 5/6 point seatbelt on the TL. or else I would be really HARDCORE!!!

Depends on my budget and some other stuff. Maybe I will get a Vette Z06, or the new M3. If so... maybe I won't mess with the car too much. That would relaly hurt the resale value. However if I got myself a used car like Eagle Talon, Subaru, MR2 or any FUN rwd cars . I will install roll cage & all those goodies for sure. I doubt I will have any money left for those goodies if I got the Vette or Bimmer

I don't relly need those stuff in my TL after all, I drive safely most of the time. (that's like 98% of the miles that I put on)

But seriously, a 4 point design is much better, because both your shoulder will take the force instead of one, and some other reasons of course...
Old 03-15-2001, 06:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by SL1200MK4:
But seriously, a 4 point design is much better, because both your shoulder will take the force instead of one, and some other reasons of course...
I agree w/ ya 100%! I think that accident has put my back out of alignment or something. I get really sore in my right shoulder every once in a while. I think I'm gonna see a doctor about it.
Old 03-16-2001, 04:32 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by liutang:
I agree w/ ya 100%! I think that accident has put my back out of alignment or something. I get really sore in my right shoulder every once in a while. I think I'm gonna see a doctor about it.
Damn... sorry to hear that.. But you should go get that checked out.... You are only making things worse if you wait.....

Sorry if I sound like you mom or anything.. I am sorry if I did, but I was really just caring about you. Cuz in the long run, those things can cause some SERIOUS back pain or even make you diabled. I was racing Mountain Bike & had a Baseball team before. So I have seen/heard lots similar stories with some sorry ending......

But I am sure you will be fine..... Take care...
Old 03-16-2001, 07:32 AM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks! I'm getting it checked out sometime this year.