Convince me to buy a 2002 TL-S!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 01:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by r10apple
He's been around quite awhile, Mr. Aug2004.
quite implying things and have the balls to say what u mean.
ill say it for u "your a dumb ass" and no one was talking to u............bitch
Old 12-20-2004, 01:30 PM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by izzo
quite implying things and have the balls to say what u mean.
ill say it for u "your a dumb ass" and no one was talking to u............bitch
Your overall command of the English language is poor. Capitalization, grammar, misplaced modifiers, ugh. And foul language to boot.

Did you mean:
Are you implying that I am a noob (or boob)?

If so, then that is what I was implying (and meant). So, I suppose you have never seen one of the most famous threads of all times concerning owN3D? Where someone calls out this guy about how much money he has. So he whips out a current newspaper, his car, and like $100k cash and spreads it out all over the place. Then some dumba$$ says he photochopped everything so he goes and goes and keeps posting until finally the poor guy is beaten into submission by every member on the forum.

Be careful what you play with Mr. Aug2004. Play nice, m'kay?
Old 12-20-2004, 04:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by r10apple
Your overall command of the English language is poor. Capitalization, grammar, misplaced modifiers, ugh. And foul language to boot.

Did you mean:
Are you implying that I am a noob (or boob)?

If so, then that is what I was implying (and meant). So, I suppose you have never seen one of the most famous threads of all times concerning owN3D? Where someone calls out this guy about how much money he has. So he whips out a current newspaper, his car, and like $100k cash and spreads it out all over the place. Then some dumba$$ says he photochopped everything so he goes and goes and keeps posting until finally the poor guy is beaten into submission by every member on the forum.

Be careful what you play with Mr. Aug2004. Play nice, m'kay?
"And foul language to boot." sounds pretty gay to me :gheyfight:
u probably dont have a lot of friends, do u
i would say more but u just dont "get it" and u probably never will
as intelligent as u believe u are. ur probably one the most ignorante people ive had to listen to...............like i said, keep ur nose where it belongs
Old 12-20-2004, 05:08 PM
lover and fighter

Where's when you really need a group hug (among other things). :ultraghey:

Okay, I'm going home now izzo. Go make a new thread in ramblings and when I come to work tomorrow (of course this follows visiting with my 'ignorante' friends tonight at the big love-in), I will be happy to place my sniffer in ur biz und skool u farthur. Or, a more novel approach for sure, we could stop. Regardless, nighty night.

Oh, and the TL-S is still a good choice.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:09 PM
Advanced

"And foul language to boot." sounds pretty gay to me :gheyfight:
careful now, dude... your own comments are getting harsh.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:33 PM
Instructor

If you decide to get one, don't forget the resale is falling. You should get low miles and like new condition for a good price.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:23 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Get it and supercharge it like I did (with my CL-S). 300 wheel horsepower really changes this car.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:43 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by aclura
If you decide to get one, don't forget the resale is falling. You should get low miles and like new condition for a good price.
I agree. There was an 02 (I believe) Aegean Blue Pearl TL-S with 39,000 miles here at a dealership for $17,500 (non-navi).

Actually, in point of fact, I did earn the money on my own. I started a speed shop out of my house when I was 19, while going to college full time double majoring in Biotechnology and Chemistry. The money I earned was then invested into mutual funds and stocks, and slowly but surely I built up a net worth. That was then taken out and put into real estate. I sold my shop this spring and am going to medical school now. I have never bought a "BRAND NEW" car, always slightly used; I really don't care if someone else has driven it first. But this BMW i've always wanted and i'm blessed to be able to afford it now and I will get it. I've already given my dealer a down payment on it so that I can be one of the first ones to own it.

Yes, my parents did help me out when I was younger (and still do). Not only monetarily, but also with wisdom and guidance. I am not ashamed of that, nor should I be. I loved having my own shop but I realized that I didn't want to be a grease monkey forever. Besides, when I am a doctor, I can always reopen one down the road and have it on the side.

Your verbosity is quite impressive Izzo, it's almost as if you are just one step out of the ghetto. Grow up.

Oh and BMW's aren't as UNRELIABLE after 50,000 miles either. I haven't really had any issues. Labor is expensive (at dealers) yes, but the car isn't all that difficult to work on and if you shop around you can get it worked on cheaper.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:49 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
when u buy an m5 ill buy a viper
only 25 and can afford an m5.........cmon man quite fronting on me
spoiled little my bro owns a lexus ls 400 but prefers my car
and ive driven a benz s500 so i know luxury and beemer aint it. ive also driven both of my friends beemers, now thats a crappy interior. he just totaled his 3 series and is seriously contemplating buying an acura just to beat my car
............and if u dont like it...................blow me!
ps. the m3 still looks like all the other beemers

Crappy interior in the BMW as compared to the TL/CL huh?
You must love the fake plastic wood in the TL? And the Honda Accord climate control, turn signal and wiper stalks, the same plastic paneling, lock/unlock switches, cruise control switch, sunroof switch, Prelude shift plate, Accord steering wheel and rebadged airbag...god it's depressing how much parts sharing really went into this vehicle.

Wow, you've driven an S500. Amazing. Can I have your autograph? No no, let me kiss your feet and worship you amazing one. Everyone, he's driven an S500!!! HE IS A GOD! (rolls eyes)

Maybe if you work real hard, save, and go to college, you'll actually be able to afford to own it someday.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:52 AM
lover and fighter

In my search for a potential new ride and selling mine, I have actually seen the resale turn around some. Also, since I am in the insurance industry and we track these things, the '01-03's have rebounded in total loss payouts (ACV). Lastly, since the demand for the '04 and '05 is so high, dealers aren't lowballing the cars keeping their used inventory at inflated prices. '02 TL-S's are on my dealer's lot for $21,995 w/ about 40k miles.

As far as Bimmers go, my set of friends and coworkers all have them. Most have leases and are thankful for the 4/50 maintenance plan as they are always being serviced and always have nickle and dime issues. More specifically, just had one need the top end of her 530i's engine rebuilt at 53k miles...It's costing her over $4500...

The only person I know with a problem free Bimmer has a 2001 Z3 with 120k miles and has never done anything but change the oil and get 30k mile services. Her foreign car mechanic takes his sweet time doing the work, though and it is still at $60 an hour...