Connolly's Hide Food for Leather

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2001, 02:38 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Connolly's Hide Food for Leather

I remember reading about VTECH Animal and Lexus IS300 using this superlux leather conditioner on their TLs, and have some concerns. A friend of mine with an old Jaguar gave me some of this stuff to try, but I want to be sure this stuff won't make the leather in the TL all shiny and sticky. I got myself some Lexol and it seems to work well, but I thought I might give the Hide Food a try since they use that stuff on Ferraris, Jaguars, Rolls Royces. But since the TL doesn't have leather by Connelly, I'm wanted to be sure. Also, I will take any tips in applying this stuff. It's certainly looks nothing like the Lexol, as it is a creamy paste...

Also, I read recently that applying leather conditioner in weather below 60 degrees fahrenheit is a waste of time because the leather is unable to soak up the conditioner in cold climates. Anyone know of this?

DA
Old 03-06-2001, 03:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, that's the stuff... I haven't used it on my TL yet, I plan to soon though. There are some owners at the dealership that use it, so next time I'm over there I'll ask the guys that use it and find out what the leather is like right after treatment and such.....