Compustar 2WSS-AS Install on Acura 2002 TL

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 05:10 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Compustar 2WSS-AS Install on Acura 2002 TL

Just finished my compustar 2WSS-AS install with the DEI 555H immobilizer bypass. The two way pager thing. It took about 5 days of daylight work and a lot of hiccups along the way. I used Bruha's excel sheet and DIY guide on the RSX forums as a reference and the helms manual. (http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...ight=compustar )

Only thing not working right so far:
1. Can't find trunk trigger/pin (any help here? the directwire info doesn't match up when i check)
2. Door trigger/pin (indicated by directwire) are slow to charge (they stay grounded for about 2-4 secs after door closes then hit about 5v afterwards). Only annoyance is that it says door open when i lock with the remote.

Otherwise it works well.

Problems encountered (mostly related to disconnecting the battery):
1. SRS light came on had to reset (found a post on the forum)
2. Radio Code wouldn't take until i drove it a bit (found on forum)
3. Auto power up and down windows needed resetting (was in helm manual)
4. Broke 2 clips.
5. Lost one screw.
6. 20+ mosquito bites

Anyways in case anyone attempts to do this I recommend getting it professionally done cus its a heck a lot of work. I mean I have a degree in EECS from MIT but the wires and little problems were driving me nuts. Just glad the important stuff worked or else debugging would have been . I'll give pointers and my notes for those who are brave enough to have a crack at it.

Let me know if you guys got any questions. No real pics to post other than a blue blinky knock sensor light and a mess of wires around the compustar brain, so i'll spare the bandwidth.

Remote start is pretty Sweeeet.

Jimmy