Comptech Sway/Spring for Lauderdale Area

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2001, 02:03 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comptech Sway/Spring for Lauderdale Area

Fellow TL Drivers:

I have been following the TL-S thread ever since my TL-S was born (two weeks and 950 miles ago). The most convincing thread I have followed is that about the Comptech Sway/Springs. Despite the awesome ride the car provides, I would like to try to match the ride of my previous vehicle -- 3000GT VR4. I know that such aspirations may be lofty, however I am confident that it is possible. I wanted to know how I can go about making such mod's on this car as I have never before done anything aftermarket for my car. I am in the Ft Lauderdale area, and I purchased my TL at RickCase Acura. Please advise. Specifically, I want to know how I purchase the parts (if I need to do that), who will install, and how much it will cost.

Thanks
Lauderdale TL
Old 08-31-2001, 02:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Welcome to the family! I, too, bought my car from Rick Case. As for parts, just click the appropriate section of the button bar under the big tachometer at the top of the page. Tim, the proprietor of acura-tl.com, sells Comptech parts for great prices and has excellent customer service. Rick Case will gladly install your parts for you, but you'd have to contact them for pricing.

Enjoy your car and good luck!
Old 08-31-2001, 02:48 PM
Instructor

Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the reposnse -- Im glad to see that youre local and you had purchased your car at RickCase. I noticed that you had other comptech modifications -- what are they exactly, and what do you recommend as the most important things to do with a somewhat limited budget ($2000 - 4000). Additionally, did you have your mod's done at Rick Case? If not, where did you go? Thanks for the help.
Old 08-31-2001, 03:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Thanks for the feedback

Originally posted by Lauderdale TL
Thanks for the reposnse -- Im glad to see that youre local and you had purchased your car at RickCase. I noticed that you had other comptech modifications -- what are they exactly, and what do you recommend as the most important things to do with a somewhat limited budget ($2000 - 4000). Additionally, did you have your mod's done at Rick Case? If not, where did you go? Thanks for the help.
The only mod I have on the car right now is a set of Comptech headers -- (aftermarket exhaust manifolds). They add some pretty significant power in the upper-RPM range. You can also buy this from the site. They run just upwards of $1000, but short of nitrous oxide there's not much better for the money. They're available in the "Exhausts" section.

$2000-$4000 is a pretty good amount to have fun with. I'd probably recommend the headers, an aftermarket cold-air intake, springs and swaybars to start. That will give you some added horsepower as well as vastly improved cornering ability thus netting you a well-rounded car. Those mods will come in well under your $4000 upper limit as well. Additionally, if you like the sound and looks of an aftermarket exhaust system, that's available as well.

I had my header installed at Rick Case, but I am going to install the springs and swaybars myself.

Lastly -- if you're interested -- the Fort Lauderdale/Miami site members gather for meets from time to time -- and the more the merrier. Stay tuned to the Meets forum... I think there's one in the works for September.
Old 08-31-2001, 03:49 PM
Instructor

You sound very well-informed. How long have you had your TL-S? What color is it? Im glad to hear that RickCase will put on aftermarket items for its consumers. Further, I would like to know more about the meetings that you had mentioned in your previous post. As I had previously indicated, I have only had my car for two weeks, and I am absolutely in love with it. The Navi is quite the attention-getter. I would love to have "work" done on the car, however I dont want to compromise what the car already offers. Anyhow, I look forward to your insight into local TL-S ownership. Thanks
Old 08-31-2001, 04:07 PM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

yeah yeah yeah....I'm the one that usually organizes the meets .....hey welcome to the board and please don't listen to Radams he doesn't know what he is talking about J/K