Comptech Sway bar update

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2001, 12:03 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Comptech Sway bar update

Got 'em installed today. Something I did that made the install process easier. I've noticed that people are saying that loosening the end links is a real pain because you have to hold the center of the bolt with an allen wrench and you don't have room to turn the 14mm wrench very far.

I took the opposite approach, I used the 14mm wrench to hold the bolt and got a socket with the 5mm allen head on it and used the socket/allen combo to loosen/tighten the bolts and it went really fast. Do we want to include this in the install instructions in the FAQ? Also do we want to add the wrapping the front sway where it will contact the bushings with the included teflon tape (not mentioned in the instructions from Comptech)
Had the whole job done in a couple of hours.

Mr. Hyde and Radams you were right on the nose, NO MORE BODYROLL, WOW!. No noises or ride penalty!! This is one mod that Acura should have had installed at the factory. I'm takin' a ride tomorrow to get into the twistys and see what this baby can do! Perfect complement to the springs.

Thanks again Mr.Hyde, Radams, WDP99 and to the person who posted the install instructions.
Old 09-09-2001, 04:12 AM
Racer

I'm so jealous.

Everyone posts great things about the sway bars. Hopefully, I will be able to buy them in the near future.

Congrats on the mod!
Old 09-09-2001, 10:34 AM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
I bought mine but I still haven't receive them, can't wait any longer.
Old 09-09-2001, 09:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Glad you're enjoying the sways. I didn't even think about trying to remove the endlink nuts as you did.. sounds like it might be the way to go for everyone who plans to install the sways themselves.

Go attack those corners!
Old 09-10-2001, 02:23 PM
Instructor

Re: Comptech Sway bar update

Originally posted by bricot

I took the opposite approach, I used the 14mm wrench to hold the bolt and got a socket with the 5mm allen head on it and used the socket/allen combo to loosen/tighten the bolts and it went really fast. Do we want to include this in the install instructions in the FAQ? Also do we want to add the wrapping the front sway where it will contact the bushings with the included teflon tape (not mentioned in the instructions from Comptech)
Had the whole job done in a couple of hours.
wow... good job 'bricot' good to know it wasn't that bad...
i'm gonna go to my friends shop to install them... i will have to
use this new tip of yours...

so use both the allen and socket and rotate in opposite directions??
am i understanding you correctly?
Old 09-10-2001, 03:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Re: Comptech Sway bar update

Originally posted by eazy_d23

wow... good job 'bricot' good to know it wasn't that bad...
i'm gonna go to my friends shop to install them... i will have to
use this new tip of yours...

so use both the allen and socket and rotate in opposite directions??
am i understanding you correctly?
I picked up a socket that has an allen wrench on one end and the 3/8" drive for a socket on the other. Here is a picture of a set of hex, couldn't find a picture of the allen, but you'll get the idea.

Hold the nut with the wrench and use the allen socket/ratchet to turn the bolt. You have to think in reverse doing it this way, I think you had to set your ratchet in the opposite direction from the way it normally tightens.