Comptech Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2001, 06:17 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What the TL-S needs is better handling, not more power - take the car to an autocross or for a drivers ed track event, you'll see what I mean.
Old 11-02-2001, 03:28 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by typeSmaximum
Now that I am done saying what can't be, here are some clips for the muscle car and domestic gearheads that think any Honda, or a lowly I civic will never beat them I also find it interesting people think a civic can't be faster than a zo6 (Its great to be on both sides, having worked with both)

Viper Wants to play!

Yup, thats a GTS. So are the Honda fans crazy saying it can be done, no. They are likely overly optimistic about their own car though Now how do you suppose the viper driver feels, and a hatchback on top of it all!

Here a vette gets some also!

The way I look at it, you get a lot more respect when you win in a car that is not supposed to This is why people do it. Puy a viper, beat a Corvette, or a cobra, who cares. But stuff like this, now thats something.

Since you "respect" that BS as racing, this will knock your head off!!!

http://webpages.krausonline.com/spaul/
Old 11-02-2001, 04:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by s2ktaxi
What the TL-S needs is better handling, not more power - take the car to an autocross or for a drivers ed track event, you'll see what I mean.
I agree--although it's fun to do stuff to your car to make more power and see how much faster it can go, quite frankly it doesn't take a lot of driving skill to see if you can reach warp speed.

I've "raced" many types of cars (ranging from typical muscle cars to typical souped-up imports) that would pull away from me in the straightaways but would slow down in the tight twisties--so much so that I'd be on their tail like white on rice pushing only 5/10ths.

Now, if you can drive really fast while in the twisties--then you're talking about a skilled driver.

Tony
Old 11-02-2001, 09:41 PM
Rod
Drifting

Originally posted by valuetl
I bet the max HP numbers form their S/C won't even require a upgrade of our tranny.
Our trannies can't even handle the 260HP they're supposed to in stock form.
Old 11-03-2001, 03:26 AM
Racer

Hey RHINO928, don't think your read both of my back to back posts, or you would firgure out I know racing. Looks like drag racing to me, plus I've seen civics take out stuff like this in person. I didn't post anything about "respect".

Knock yourself off. You just don't understand. There are 12 second mini vans, I've seen a 10 second pinto! Anything can be done as far as speed if you have some $$$ or just go buy a ready made car like you would. Different people different strokes.
Old 11-03-2001, 09:42 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by typeSmaximum
Hey RHINO928, don't think your read both of my back to back posts, or you would firgure out I know racing. Looks like drag racing to me, plus I've seen civics take out stuff like this in person. I didn't post anything about "respect".

Knock yourself off. You just don't understand. There are 12 second mini vans, I've seen a 10 second pinto! Anything can be done as far as speed if you have some $$$ or just go buy a ready made car like you would. Different people different strokes.
YOU need to re-read your post.

"The way I look at it, you get a lot more respect when you win in a car that is not supposed to "

So you did mention respect. As far as what you know about racing, I believe your knowledge comes from what you have read, seen or heard, not from experience... I do understand, in fact much better than you... I had a Vega stationwagon that ran 11's back in 1982 that I used to take money from Trans Am owners so you are not providing me any Revelations..

This is the point: Racecars are based on their potential. ALL cars have the potential to be fast in the 1/4 mile. But what will it take to make it work? J-body Mustangs work so well at the drag strip. The chasis design and wheel base are truly one of the greatest designs for drag racing so they are easy to make fast. Does a civic have the same potential? Not Really...once the HP gets to a certain level the chasis design will not work. We took a run of the mill C-5 purchased used and put $10000 in it and it now runs 9.80's with the POTENTIAL to do more, on the strip, street or track. The car still has AC and could be driven cross country if desired......

Me buying ready made race cars? your dead wrong. Almost EVERY car I have built required a flat bed to get home..... You are right about one thing though, people are different....

At the track it is called WINNER or LOSER
Old 11-03-2001, 09:51 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by tdoh

Now, if you can drive really fast while in the twisties--then you're talking about a skilled driver.

Tony
So what you are saying is that we could put you in the driver's seat and you would beat Warren Johnston, Brandon Switzer and Mike Murillo?

Yah, RIGHT!
Old 11-03-2001, 02:48 PM
Racer

RHINO928, your so nit picky. I meant to say where ”MY respect lays.“ You got me on that one.

I have a moded Corvette, you don't haveto tell me about platforms. If I beat a mustang or some Hondas in it, big deal. They won’t be in awe. Now if I beat any corvette or car that supposed to be faster in a car like the TL, you will get more respect then the other way around. This is why there are many people that love sleepers

Your telling me what you think I know about racing shows your arrogance and ignorance when in another post you don’t even understand how a TL can't get filter oil on a MAFS. I build race cars, not just race them.

And then you go on to tell me about potential. That’s funny, when I just said any car can be made fast, however some are better than others from the platform. I Like how you reiterate what I post

“…have one that is truly "great" in both because of the platform you have to work with. Something like the corvette is a different story, as its platform can be moded to go both at great lengths, and already does both well in stock form,…”

RHINO928,...keep it up, and I'll have to agree with moomaster_99, no matter how much of the world you've seen, your coming across as if your from your own little planet!!
Old 11-03-2001, 04:29 PM
Instructor

You can have the last word here pal......
Old 11-03-2001, 10:09 PM
AC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
!

Wow, this is getting rough!

Personally, if the S/C costs $2 or $50,000, it's your money spend it if you want. I'm still debating on my SC for $6700 installed (ESS) or $12995 just parts (Dinan)...no brainer kinda.

IMO, $5K for just a puny 50HP is kinda steep, but heck if I still had my TL and knowing my crazy A$$ when it comes to modding, I'd probably do it.

Someone made a good point about getting an M3, however, don't you think you'll end up spending $$$ to mod the M3 as well? It just doesn't end.

I can't wait to see a SC TLS/CLS, love just thinking about it!

Joe, get that sh!t man! Your SC CLS vs. my SC 540i That would be one sweet A$$ run...although I think I'll still stomp all over your sh!t! hahaha
Old 11-04-2001, 06:18 AM
Racer

Yea, I too hope its under $5k.
Old 11-04-2001, 07:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by RHINO928

So what you are saying is that we could put you in the driver's seat and you would beat Warren Johnston, Brandon Switzer and Mike Murillo?

Yah, RIGHT!
So now you're attempting to compare Joe Q. Public to professional drivers? Gee, what do those people have to do with anything I said? All I said (or meant) was that it takes more skill to drive a car really fast on a road course than it does to drive it fast down a straight line. I'm not saying that someone who is really good at drag racing couldn't drive worth crap on a road course or vice-versa, just that there are more variables involved when driving on a road course.

Now let me try to state my point so that guys like you can understand: it doesn't take a ton of skill for an average street driver to see how fast he can drive his car down a straight road--in it's simplest form, all you have to do is keep the car centered and keep the gas pedal to the floor. OTOH--on a windy road the same driver would have to control the amount of steering and throttle input so that he doesn't wind up skidding off the road.

Maybe you should check your reading comprehension before insinuating that I would consider myself as skiiled a driver as a professional driver if I could handle myself really well on a twisty road.

Again, what does Warren Johnston, et al, have anything to do with what I said earlier?

I wouldn't know any of them from Joe Blow; are they better drivers than me? Based on your sarcastic reply--yes; well, if they're professionals, that shouldn't come as no surprise. Quite frankly, I don't give a rat's a** if they're light-years better drivers than me. Pretty lame of you to think I was attempting to put myself in the same light as these guys.

Tony