Comptech or Neuspeed sway bars?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 10:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comptech or Neuspeed sway bars?!?

whats the difference? the neuspeed is more expensive, but is it better?
Old 05-24-2002, 02:21 AM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Try this thread

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...light=neuspeed
Old 05-24-2002, 05:25 AM
Burning Brakes

i guess most people suggest the comptech ones, but does comptech have a strut tie bar? or do i hafta go with neuspeed for that?
Old 05-24-2002, 08:48 AM
Pro

go with the comptech sways and get the neuspeed strut bar........later on, u get to put both decals on ur car =)
Old 05-24-2002, 08:51 AM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
I had Comptech sways and neuspeed upper strut and they worked very well together.
Old 05-24-2002, 09:23 AM
Racer

Neuspeed products SUCK ASS!
One of the most overrated, overpriced auto companies in existence.
Old 05-24-2002, 11:10 AM
...and then there was One

Originally posted by mikegunnz
I've never been a Neuspeed fan, either, but come on... talk about overpriced, what about Comptech?
Old 05-24-2002, 11:49 AM

Originally posted by mikegunnz
Care to share your list of mods? Do you have any specific experience with any Neuspeed product to warrant that statement?

Try not to take this as an attack...I personally don't care for brands myself...I look at each product and the value it offers to the dollar and base it on that. (That's why you don't find any Comptech parts on my sig...if I was allowed to post it)
Old 05-24-2002, 04:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by edgalang

Care to share your list of mods? Do you have any specific experience with any Neuspeed product to warrant that statement?

Try not to take this as an attack...I personally don't care for brands myself...I look at each product and the value it offers to the dollar and base it on that. (That's why you don't find any Comptech parts on my sig...if I was allowed to post it)
Thats it?????? I ran to the bomb shelter and thats it !!!!

Did you take too many happy pills today? j/k
Old 05-24-2002, 06:15 PM

Originally posted by bricot

Thats it?????? I ran to the bomb shelter and thats it !!!!

Did you take too many happy pills today? j/k
Were you expecting me to cameback with a flame? I admit I got a lil agrevated, but I just recently came back from one of the worst nights of my life, so I didn't really have energy to reply back to an ignorant response like that. Have you ever witnessed a head-on collision with a concrete divider 20 feet away? I just saw my friend plummet into a concrete wall with no brakes.

I feel so guilty....I should of made him wait a lil longer...but I guess it wasn't enough. Sad to say I was the sole witness, so before the cops came I made sure my friend was ok (apperance wise) and briefed him what to say to the cops and that our stories must match. I didn't tell the cops he was drinking and that all I saw was that debre flew out of his right side (his tires blew on impact). I was hoping they wouldnt do a drug alcohol test on him (but what was I thinking!). They dismissed me and later I found out that he went to jail and was charged of a DUI the next morning after calling his house/family/GF/hospitals/then the jails to find out where he was. He was held in custody that night...and his father basically blamed me for the accident (I don't drink...but the fact that I didn't stop him physically...they considered me at fault). The father pretty must *****ed at me saying I should of dragged him out of the car and drove off leaving his Audi there to be reported stolen later. Problem is...before my friend and I was able to make the U-turn (2 min max) 2 cars were already at the scene calling 911.

I'm so confused. I know friends dont let friends drive drunk, but this particular one can get so bad that it always has to turn into something physical to stop him...and frankly I'm tired of that. The last time I tried to stop him he punched out his own windshield (and shattered it) and freaked out our other friend who was sitting in the back seat.

In a way I'm almost glad this happened because I'm 100% sure that if it didn't happen that night, that it would happen again with even larger damage....possibly his life.

Soo....back to the thread. Frankly I dont give a flying F*CK what mikegunnz has to say. Let him live in the dark for all I care. VIVA Comptech...I dont give a SH*T.
Old 05-27-2002, 05:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Wow man:wow: , my reply was orignally intended to make you laugh, but after that.... I can understand. Sorry to hear that, tough situation.

I'm a volunteer figherfighter, I do see those situations. The last was 4 guys (1 of which I knew) who were in an Acura, blew through an intersection at over 90 (35 mph zone), car became airbourne, hit a tree, split the car in 1/2, driver went through the windshield and did a header into a brick wall, the front passenger went through the windshield and did a header through the glass entrance to a store, the guy I knew was the only one belted in, rear seat, and walked away...the only one alive. He wasn't a close friend, didn't witness it although we responded to the call.

I know what that was like and can only imagine how much worse your situation was...

Based on his response to previous incidents, it doesnt sound like you would have been very successful at not letting him drive. Try not to get down on yourself (I know, easier said than done.), its hard to help people that don't want help.

Take care,
Brian