Comptech headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2001, 04:12 PM

Question Comptech headers

Planning on getting a TL-S this summer, one of the first things I want to do with it is install the Comptech headers and downpipe; since many of you have had experience with this system on TLs and CLs (and maybe Tl-Ss by now), wanted to ask how your experience has been. Have you had any problems with fit, leaks, rattles, etc. with the Comptech headers? Any other problems at all? I'm asking because the last time I installed headers on one of my cars, I was less than pleased...exhaust system rattles, leaks, and noise...Comptech looks like an excellent product - your thoughts?
Old 03-25-2001, 08:22 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I am interested too. Mostly because the dyno information provided is based off of a TL not a S-type. So, are the benefits equivalent??? I have talked with SYNCIVIC from Florida and he said the Comptech are the best for the car and are the cost due to the almost OEM tolerances. Personally, once I absorb the purchase price of the car I want to propose a group buy from Comptech and see if they would lower their price somewhat.
Old 03-25-2001, 11:25 PM
Acura TL-S

Originally posted by Glenn:
Planning on getting a TL-S this summer, one of the first things I want to do with it is install the Comptech headers and downpipe; since many of you have had experience with this system on TLs and CLs (and maybe Tl-Ss by now), wanted to ask how your experience has been. Have you had any problems with fit, leaks, rattles, etc. with the Comptech headers? Any other problems at all? I'm asking because the last time I installed headers on one of my cars, I was less than pleased...exhaust system rattles, leaks, and noise...Comptech looks like an excellent product - your thoughts?
the performance increase is greater then in the TL, and is the same as in the CL-S, being a 32hp gain to the wheels... there is no noticable noise difference during normal driving conditions...

------------------
'02 Nighthawk TL-S
------------------
Comptech Springs
-------------
Alpine CVA-1005 Head Unit / Alpine G320 EQ / Alpine DVA-5205 DVD / Alpine NVE-N851A Navi / JL Audio XR653-CS 3-Way comps for the front powered by a bridged Alpine MRV-F407 amp / Boston Acoustics 5.5 ProSeries 2-Way comps for the rear powered by Alpine MRV-1002 amp / Dual 10" JL Audio W-6 sub powered by Alpine MRV-1005 amp / Two Alpine CHA-1214 CD Changers
Pics of my TL and Fun/Crazy Pics
Old 03-26-2001, 09:01 AM
Suzuka Master

I have it on my cls and since we got the same engine im sure you'll notice alot of power like I did. 32 hp

Just madd boost after 5000k

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs/Sway/Headers Polarg m-6.
Old 03-26-2001, 07:01 PM

Thanks a bunch for the replies and info, guys. I will be ordering the the Comptech system from Tim as soon as I confirm delivery. If others are willing to place a group order for a discount, sign me up!

Thanks again.
Old 03-27-2001, 12:17 AM
Drifting

Thanks a bunch for the replies and info, guys. I will be ordering the the Comptech system from Tim as soon as I confirm delivery. If others are willing to place a group order for a discount, sign me up!

Thanks again.
Tim already discounts like crazy for us... I doubt they would be any cheaper for 1 or 100... he has to pay for this site somehow!

------------------
Jason
<A HREF="http://www.adamoski.com/acura.html" TARGET=_blank>

</A>
2000 Acura 3.2 TL w/ Navigation
Satin Silver / Ebony Interior
Comptech Headers & Exhaust
Comptech Springs & Sways
Comptech Air Filter
Factory Spoiler & CD Changer
Burlwood Shift Knob
35% Tint, Tinted Rear Plate Cover