comptech exhuast...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2002, 02:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
comptech exhuast...

does anyone know the tip size difference between the scp tips and the comptech's?

size difference?

and also is the comptechs a bolt on or are there modifications needed? also are the flush with the oem bodykit?

they dont sag do they?

i have a 03 tls.

thankls guys
Old 09-21-2002, 05:46 PM
Racer

asloudasitgets,

Tip size on the comptechs is 3.5". And were u talkin bout the 3A tips that are sold on the exhaust page? From the pics it looks like the same size as comptechs. But could be wrong?
Also the Comptech is a bolt application since it is a axleback exhaust (just mufflers). They set pretty flush with the oem kit. At least from my observations. I think I heard that the left one hangs a bit lower than the right. I think u just need to play with the rubber hanger a bit. Hopes some of the info helps... lates

Payce~!

EvoRTL-S (I N S P I R E D) TL TypeS :p

TEAM EVOLUTION Racing
Old 09-21-2002, 07:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

thanks man you been helping me alot lately. i appreacite it. I am still in the process of thinking wether to get hks or comptech..

comtechs dont need to be extended nor lays low like the hks.

but the hks in the other hand has a sweeter sound and more aggresive look.

ahhh what to pick.

but i think im leaning more on the comtechs all of because they dont need to extended and they dont ssag as the hks does.

oh yea i am thinking about a aem cai too. i love the sound. the car now is so quiet and it has no noise making it seem like a sports sedan with 260 hp. bad bad bad. damn acura.

is it simple install the cai? or is there some parts where its a little difficult and time consuming?
Old 09-22-2002, 02:04 AM
Racer

No prob asloudasitgets, I'm here to help out fellow TL'ers . You guys would do the same when ever I have a question that needs to be answered. For me I would go for the HKS tho. I want it to be more aggressive and want some sound to back up the power we have on our rides. But its up to u in the end.

Well for me the Injen CAI was an easy install for me cause i didn't have to even take off the bumper. 1st jack up the friver front of the car and put a jackstand for safety. Then I just took off the mud/splash guards under the car (specifically on the drivers side). There are only a few plastic clips that hold the mud/splash guards under the engine bay of the car. Then u can move the guards aside a bit and now u can see the airbox resenator. The rest of the CAI install can be found on the Faq page:
AEM CAI Install
The whole CAI install took me bout 15 mintues to do. Not too bad right for a beginner?

Yeah, in a way I do miss the quietness of my ride when it was stock especially when my parents sits in it. They complain that its loud when I WOT. U know the reasons y. But I wouldn't go back tho cause of some extra power and looks those mods gave me .
I also noticed that even when I lowered my ride w/H&R Sports the ride is still pretty much like stock ride. I got a chance to ride in a stock suspension TL-S (which Snapple's own) and found that mine was just a tad bit firm bouncy than his. I'm glad I lowered my ride. sorry...I am just blabbering....laters.

Payce~!

TEAM EVOLUTION Racing
Old 09-22-2002, 02:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

do you need to remove the battery?
cause i had bad experiences with batteries and i dont want to touch it.
Old 09-22-2002, 02:54 AM
Racer

Nope, don't need to touch the battery at all. It's not even in the way.

Payce~!

TEAM EVOLUTION Racing
Old 09-22-2002, 03:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

huh? in the thread they guys says to remove the battery?

and also do you need a jack i have no jack planning on doing it with nothing except with some hand tools.

i have a steep driveway so i could park it at an angle so i can get more ground clearence and i dont have springs either.

is it really that simple?
Old 09-22-2002, 03:03 AM
Three Wheelin'

wait your instructions are differnt? it says to remove the front bumper?
the thread i saw it says you dont need to remove the bumper just underneath remove the splash guard.
Old 09-22-2002, 01:16 PM
Racer

Uh...sorry for the confusion. Mayb I'm not that good in explaining but can makeup for it in using my hands on expericence tho. I just gave u an option if u did wanted to remove the bumper to install the CAI. Also For my 02 TL-S I didn't have to remove the engine cover to takeoff the stock intake. Other than that I pretty much used the same format as the faq for stock intake removal. BTW, where did u see in the AEM CAI Install part of the faq where it says to remove the battery??? I don't see it. Just look at the setup in ur enginebay. The AEM CAI would be where the stock intake used to be. So therefore the battery isn't in the way and also ur not doing any electrical work so y do u need to remove to battery for? Well if you don't plan on using a jack then I think u would have to take off the bumper then unless u can reach in there in a such small space. If u have access to a jackstand and u just park in the street right in front of ur driveway that is level. Then u should b koo.

All in all if u are getting the AEM CAI follow the install in the faq. It's just up to u if u want to remove the bumper or not. I just gave u an option from removing the front bumper. I hope at least some of the info helps. If ur still confused, ask another question and i will try to answer for u. Lates

Payce~!

TEAM EVOLUTION Racing