comptech exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 05:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
comptech exhaust.

i just thought id pass along a little information. i have the comptech exhaust and recently cut off the resonators (kinda bored one day ) i was experimenting a little i guess. there was a increase in power espically on the hwy it pulled much better. the sound with out any resonators was awsome BUT the resonance that occuredwas unbareable while driving on the hwy. so i purchase the quiet tip inserts. i installed the inserts and that made driving the car barable, the resonance wasnt bad at all any more, but i was still bored so i thought id throw the small (2 litre coke bottle size) back in (leaving the almost a muffler out) that also improved the drivability too. and it still fells more powerfull. and now if i want to i can remove the quiet tip inserts out have it louder and still be able to drive the car with out going absoutly nuts , but if i wanna quiet the car even more all i have to do is put the inserts back in.

i would highly recomend any one with the comptech exhaust to buy the quiet tip insert and remove the large resonator.
the sound is awsome.
and the inserts take about 1 min to install and remove.