comptech b bipe? or get something custom

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 11:14 PM
Agean Blue Bishes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
comptech b bipe? or get something custom

what would be better? i have the axle backs but i would like a little more of a deep tone but i don't want resonance by cutting out the stock stuff.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:58 PM
Wallace, LA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would go custom, and am once I get the means. From what I understand the CT B-Pipe is a waste of money. Just make sure your custom B-Pipe is 2.5inches in diametet where it attaches to the mufflers and 2.25 inches where it meets the cat. I believe that is how CT catback exhaust does it. The only difference will be the 304 stainless steel the CT is constructed out of and the resonator size you select. I couldn't intelligently comment on the dimesions of the CT resonator, but I know Apexi and Neupseed use 18inch resonators for their exhaust setups on our car. However, their resonators are more cylinder shaped and the CT resonator is shaped more like a muffler. Just find out the size of the CT resonator and make your resonator decision from there. Obviously, if you get an 18in resonator with your CT mufflers, your exhuast will still be more quiet than an Apexi or Neuspeed set up because of the tame CT mufflers, however I think the next size down is 14inches and in my opinion that would be entirly too loud. The custom materials will obviously be of a cheaper quality, but you will save cash. I don't see durability as a huge issue as long as you get a good quality B-Pipe. Again, from what I understand any muffler shop will have the materials you need for the custom set up I perscribed above. That is my best shot at your answer, guys if I'm wrong PLEASE correct me so we can both learn! Hope that helps!

Mark