Climate control

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 10:57 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Climate control

this issue has been bothering me and wonder if anyone has a solution for it. the climate control is totally off, fresh air is flowing in. now i hit the mode bottom so that i can change from which direction the flow is coming from. then i would like to increase the air flow. but you can't operate the fan unles you hit the 'auto' button or the 'ac' button. and in either case the ac compressor kicks in. i would like to increase the fan control without turn on the compressor first. anybody every notice this?
Old 05-27-2003, 01:12 PM
Banned

So you're saying you want the Fan blowing but without A/C right? if you hit A/C button (not auto) it turns the A/C off and on. And you just use the right knob which controls the fan blowing speed. Is that what you wanted?
Old 05-27-2003, 01:33 PM
Advanced

no, not quite. lets say you are cruising on the highway and you just have fresh air coming through the vent. the fan is not on. the climate control screen just shows the vent mode that it's blowing out at your face and feet. it doesn't indicate whether the ac is on or off or the temperature.. just the vent mode. at this point the fan control is not effective. for the fan control to work, you either have to hit auto or the ac button. and once you do the compressor kicks in. then you have to hit the ac button again to turn off the compressor but now the fan control works. my gripe, i guess, is that i can't use the fan control unless the the compress has to kick in.

it's probably confusing unless you try it.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:57 PM
Instructor

Yea, I've noticed this, When i'm on the highway even though the fan is off, I feel air coming in from the vents. My guess is that you cannot control this because it's just the air flowing throw open vents. If you hit the button then the real AC or Climate control kicks in.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 704 Likes on 546 Posts
Re: Climate control

Originally posted by VCs_TL
this issue has been bothering me and wonder if anyone has a solution for it. the climate control is totally off, fresh air is flowing in. now i hit the mode bottom so that i can change from which direction the flow is coming from. then i would like to increase the air flow. but you can't operate the fan unles you hit the 'auto' button or the 'ac' button. and in either case the ac compressor kicks in. i would like to increase the fan control without turn on the compressor first. anybody every notice this?
Unrelated question: Does your climate control make noises when you switch air flow mode from your face to (feet & window). Try it when climate control is OFF, and you are just switching air flow mode(try it on parking lot with your windows closed and stereo off so you can hear well). Mine makes grinding noise ONLY when switching from face to window & feet, not very loud, but noticable. I wonder if all cars are like that, or should I see the dealer. I mean, it still works, but the noise is kinda abnormal.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:10 PM
Banned

its not grinding noise for me......its a slight hum, its the motor moving the vents. Try turning on air circulation on and off. It makes the same noise.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by hzm82
its not grinding noise for me......its a slight hum, its the motor moving the vents. Try turning on air circulation on and off. It makes the same noise.
nope, my air circulation on/off makes different noise. I know it will slightly hum, which is fine.... but I hear totaly different, more loud noise when I switch air flow from face to feet&window. other modes ( like from only face to face & feet ) make slight huming noise that you are describing.... somehow, only this one particular mode is different. So I guess you don't hear much difference in switching different modes, all modes sound kind of the same?
I don't really care about my noise, just don't want it to fail completly when I am out of warranty....
Old 05-28-2003, 07:57 AM
Advanced

Vijay, well in your case if you don't want the air to come in then put it in circulate mode instead of fresh air mode. in my case some times i want a faster flow of fresh air. and i can't just turn up the fan control, i have to turn on climate control for the fan control to work.

i am assuming that the other noise you guys hear is that of servos redirecting air flow from head/feet, feet/defrost type of deal.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:33 AM
Racer

noise

When I turn my ignition on, if Climate Control is set to Auto, there is a loud buzzing nois under my deshboard. VERY annoing. Sounds like actuator motor without lubrication. So I will be talking to my dealer about it soon. You probably have the same noise...
Old 05-28-2003, 12:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Strannik
noise

When I turn my ignition on, if Climate Control is set to Auto, there is a loud buzzing nois under my deshboard. VERY annoing. Sounds like actuator motor without lubrication. So I will be talking to my dealer about it soon. You probably have the same noise...
try doing what I described above in this message thead. That is, start your car, turn your climate control off, and start presssing 'mode' button. See if it makes the same noise, or if the noise is different for different modes (like face to feet, feet to window defrost and etc). Mine is also buzzing noise under the dashboard, sounds like poorly lubricated vent trying to switch air flow.