Cleared light + condensation, bulbs blown?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 09:58 PM
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
Cleared light + condensation, bulbs blown?

My TL was being repaired from an collission. They sent the replacement headlamps to get cleared out by some custom shop. The custom shop did a shitty job ... chipped crome on the reflector, scratches and abrassions on the lense, etc. One of them even has condensation. I am working with the body shop to replace the headlamps again, this time not clearing them out (I'll do that myself this time).

My question: Will my HID blow out with that condensation inside? If so, should I insist on replacing both to match the color or will it not make too much of difference?

The body shop told me they would not warranty the headlamps if they get the diffusers removed, but the craftsman ship on the lamps really sucked. I think my mistake was bringing the car home instead of just not accepting the car the way it was.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:43 PM
03 ABP TL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jpadilla
My question: Will my HID blow out with that condensation inside? If so, should I insist on replacing both to match the color or will it not make too much of difference?
Yes. You should have them replace both bulbs....If not there will be a color difference. The new bulb will be white/yellow while the original bulb will be white/blue. Trust me. My car just got hit last month and the body shop only replaced the right bulb and it looked dumb as shit. I called the other guys insurance company and explained to them my headlights look dumb now and my car was not like that until the other guy hit me. Insurance contacted body shop and replaced old bulb. Right now my head lights have the white/yellow slowy turning blue.....According to other threads the lights will take about 15hours running time to have the original white/blue. Also about the condensation.....Not good at all.....IF water or moisture gets to the HID it will infact blow as mine did 2days after the accident. Also make sure to replace the entire headlight assembly costing $170 shipped from www.acuraoemparts.com If not you will notice scratch/scuff marks on original light assembly compared to the new one....Another alternative is buffing the scratch marks see https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...eadlight+scuff
Old 11-21-2005, 11:56 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by TL83s
Yes. You should have them replace both bulbs....If not there will be a color difference. The new bulb will be white/yellow while the original bulb will be white/blue. Trust me. My car just got hit last month and the body shop only replaced the right bulb and it looked dumb as shit. I called the other guys insurance company and explained to them my headlights look dumb now and my car was not like that until the other guy hit me. Insurance contacted body shop and replaced old bulb. Right now my head lights have the white/yellow slowy turning blue.....According to other threads the lights will take about 15hours running time to have the original white/blue. Also about the condensation.....Not good at all.....IF water or moisture gets to the HID it will infact blow as mine did 2days after the accident. Also make sure to replace the entire headlight assembly costing $170 shipped from www.acuraoemparts.com If not you will notice scratch/scuff marks on original light assembly compared to the new one....Another alternative is buffing the scratch marks see https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...eadlight+scuff
The thing is, one headlight they replaced with a new one, the other was a "Reconditioned" part. The reconditioned one is all jacked up. The other guy did not have insurance, so my non-insured motorist was covering. If the body shop wont work with me on this, I only have my insurance to go to.

what a damn inconvience!
Old 11-22-2005, 03:38 PM
2Poor 2Furious

I thought you could insist on using new parts rather than reconditioned... the body shop should give you that option.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I had the same problem with my headlights. I only changed the right bulb and its looking kinda yellowish. The old one looks so much better and more blue. If I replace the old one too are both of them goona look yellowish?
Can i complain to the dealer and get the other one replaced for free?
Old 11-22-2005, 07:31 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by t0ast
I thought you could insist on using new parts rather than reconditioned... the body shop should give you that option.
I read the state farm estimates with terms and conditions ...

You can insist on using new parts but you have to pay the difference out of pocket.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:07 AM
03 ABP TL-S

Originally Posted by juruki
If I replace the old one too are both of them goona look yellowish?
Can i complain to the dealer and get the other one replaced for free?
Yes they will both look white/yellow for some time until they break in 15hours running time or so, as said by other members....I don't believe the dealer will replace for free it's Acura nothing is free......