Clear bra question

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 08:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Clear bra question

Well my next project is to have a clear bra installed. I want maximum coverage for the hood, bumper, headlights, foglights, side mirrors, and front lip of the body kit if possible.

Here are some question I have:
1) Which brand do you guys recommend?
2) How much is this going to cost?
3) Can I have everything listed above, protected?

Thanks everyone!! Really appreciate it!!

-Rich
Old 05-15-2002, 04:27 PM
Banned

Re: Clear bra question

Yes, contact David at www.stongardgeorgia.com and he can help you out. Stongard is the only one that covers up all the areas with no gaps. I have it on my whole front end, lights, fogs, mirrors, handles, and door edge guards. Looks and has worked great.

$400 ~ is retail, but he can help you out I am sure.

Tell him Russell from San Antonio, Tx sent ya.

Originally posted by rmarin2
Well my next project is to have a clear bra installed. I want maximum coverage for the hood, bumper, headlights, foglights, side mirrors, and front lip of the body kit if possible.

Here are some question I have:
1) Which brand do you guys recommend?
2) How much is this going to cost?
3) Can I have everything listed above, protected?

Thanks everyone!! Really appreciate it!!

-Rich
Old 05-15-2002, 08:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: Re: Clear bra question

Originally posted by SilverBulletCLS
Yes, contact David at www.stongardgeorgia.com and he can help you out. Stongard is the only one that covers up all the areas with no gaps. I have it on my whole front end, lights, fogs, mirrors, handles, and door edge guards. Looks and has worked great.

$400 ~ is retail, but he can help you out I am sure.

Tell him Russell from San Antonio, Tx sent ya.

Thanks for the info Russell!! Did you put it on yourself? If so how hard is it to get it right?

Thanks
Old 05-16-2002, 07:59 AM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Clear bra question

Originally posted by rmarin2

Thanks for the info Russell!! Did you put it on yourself? If so how hard is it to get it right?

Thanks
Since there is no installers where I live, I bought the kit and had a tint shop do it. They did the whole kit and did it well, but they screwed up on the hood piece, and the headlights. I had to rebuy those pieces and install them myself. Headlights are easy, hood was easy but time consuming. You just have to use the right tools and lots of patience. He might have installers in your area, thats why you should contact David. Let me know how it goes. I have pics somewhere I need to put up, if I can find them I will post back tonight.
Old 05-16-2002, 08:22 AM
Burning Brakes

How effective is that clearbra/stonegard you put on SilverBulletCLS? I have a ton of paint chips in the bumper and hood from rocks, etc...I'm thinking of possibly getting an '04 if I like the way they look, and am looking for a solution to keep what has happend to my current car from cropping up again.
Old 05-16-2002, 12:37 PM
Banned

Originally posted by johnnyb_s
How effective is that clearbra/stonegard you put on SilverBulletCLS? I have a ton of paint chips in the bumper and hood from rocks, etc...I'm thinking of possibly getting an '04 if I like the way they look, and am looking for a solution to keep what has happend to my current car from cropping up again.
Very protective. It looks good on the car (can't even see it unless your in 5 feet of the car). I have already been hit with several rocks with no damage, the rock debri wipes right off. No chips and I have 3500 miles. I love it, and will always have it on my new cars.
Old 05-16-2002, 06:01 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

sweet I'm gonna get one after I get a new oem front bumper...
Old 05-17-2002, 09:06 AM
Racer

would the clear bra protect the bumpers from minor bumps from idiots who dont know how to park?

-amit
Old 05-17-2002, 09:18 AM
All Hail the Chief

You want a solution B_S....how's about this one: quit speeding down 58 riding people's A$$es!!!!!! I remember that day you went flying past me.

Personally, I just stay far enough behind people to where hopefully any rocks kicked up will fall before they hit my car. As for semi's, fu get about it...I'll get in the opposite lane and then speed by them as fast as possible so they aren't in front of me.
Old 05-17-2002, 06:55 PM
Banned

Here is a link to the pics...enjoy.

http://home.satx.rr.com/silverbullet/

All the pics in the main dir are right after it was installed. The completed was after a few weeks, the color matched the rest of the car. Also the completed was after I reinstalled the hood again.

Looks nice!
Old 05-17-2002, 11:06 PM
Instructor

is there one that covers the entire hood? that would be cool to put on your doors too, to protect from bastards opening their junkers on your door.
Old 05-18-2002, 07:30 AM
CBS
Banned

Originally posted by FRESHV6
is there one that covers the entire hood? that would be cool to put on your doors too, to protect from bastards opening their junkers on your door.
The clearbra is good, but not that good. It will not prevent your car from getting dings in them from "junkers".
Old 05-18-2002, 08:09 AM
Racer

Originally posted by CBS

The clearbra is good, but not that good. It will not prevent your car from getting dings in them from "junkers".
so i guess it wont prevent dings and scratches from people who tap your bumpers when parking