Chicago dealer recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2001, 02:41 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Chicago dealer recommendations?

I'm a newbie to this board and I'm looking into getting a TL-S.
1) Anyone have recommendations for Chicago Acura dealers?
2) Anyone know of good places to get mods installed on the TL-S in the Chicago area?

I live in the Chicago suburbs and I've only been to McGrath in Glenview. I wasn't treated too well there...so hopefully I can get some good info from you guys before I go get my TL-S!
Old 09-10-2001, 02:47 PM
Drifting

Re: Chicago dealer recommendations?

McGrath sucks the big one. I will never deal with them again. They screwed me over BIG time. Anyways..I bought my car at Libertyville Acura. The people there are great, and have excellent service. I think they are the biggest acura dealer in the Chicago-Land area. I get all my mods done at Garage Kwai. The person there was a mechanic for acura for a few years, and his prices are pretty good. He is located on arthur/central in Arlington Heights. Any other questions, just email me or reply.

Spiro

Originally posted by peterb
I'm a newbie to this board and I'm looking into getting a TL-S.
1) Anyone have recommendations for Chicago Acura dealers?
2) Anyone know of good places to get mods installed on the TL-S in the Chicago area?

I live in the Chicago suburbs and I've only been to McGrath in Glenview. I wasn't treated too well there...so hopefully I can get some good info from you guys before I go get my TL-S!
Old 09-10-2001, 04:26 PM
Instructor

Smile

I'd have to also put in a good word for Pauly Acura in Highland Park. They have a very professional atmosphere, and their service department has been excellent so far. McGrath offered me a better deal, but it wasn't in writing, and I didn't leave there with a confident feeling at all.
Old 09-10-2001, 04:39 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by TangoLima99
I'd have to also put in a good word for Pauly Acura in Highland Park. They have a very professional atmosphere, and their service department has been excellent so far. McGrath offered me a better deal, but it wasn't in writing, and I didn't leave there with a confident feeling at all.
Not me. I posted the following on another thread:

I would be careful about Pauly Acura. I posted a message here recently on the tactics I experienced with them a couple of years ago, when the '99TL came out.

I had a '93 Vigor (80K miles at the time) I was looking to trade-in. Everyone was selling the TL at sticker, so there was none of the fudging the numbers with the trade-in. Trade-in on my car at the time was around $8500. Went to Acura of Libertyville (where I bought my Vigor) and they were close ($8200), there was a waiting list so I didn't get serious with them so I don't know if they would have budged further. Went to a few other dealers and they were in the ball park. Even went to Highland Park Lexus (I was cross shopping the ES300) and they were close, complimented me on the condition of my car, and told me that if I was serious about buying that there was probably a little more wiggle room on the trade. Then went to Pauly Acura and the following conversation occured after they looked at my car:

Salesman: Nice car, we'll give you $5,300.
Me: Huh, why is everyone else quoting me around $8K?
Salesman: On what car?
Me: What do you mean? My car.
Salesman: No, what car to purchase?
Me: (Getting pi$$ed now) THE REASON WHY I'M HERE... A TL!
Salesman: There's no way I could give you $8K on a TL purchase. If other dealers are willing to pay for that, I'll sell it to them for $8K.

How pompous and arrogant. I promptly walked out. Why would I do business with them. I vowed to let everyone know their tactics. What they were doing was the same as adding a $3K surcharge to the sticker price, they just did it by low-balling the trade.

They pi$$ed me off so much I figured I'd drive my Vigor a while longer. When I did eventually buy early this year, I didn't even call Pauly, I didn't care if they had the only car in the Chicago area, they wouldn't see my money. I would gladly drive to Wisconsin or Indiana to buy the car. Acura of Libertyville didn't have the car I wanted, Arlington Acura did and came close to selling me the car, but I got a better deal from Woodfield Acura.

As I said before, Acura of Libertyville has always been professional and I have had several friends buy from them and been satisfied. Arlington Acura was courteous and professional, but I simply got a better deal at Woodfield Acura.

My $.02