Old 11-25-2001, 03:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
open ur trunk and look up.. there 2, u have to twist then pull
Old 11-25-2001, 03:53 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
changing bulb

I did this last nite. I un-screwed one of those things the net attaches to and the screw where the trunk latches. Then pull back on the material covering the light assembly. finally, you just twist the bulb housing out and replace bulb. Once
i got the new bulb in, which works great, the "bulb" light on the dash is on and I dont know how to turn it off?
Old 11-25-2001, 05:30 PM
Safety Car

Re: changing bulb

Originally posted by bigjoejack
I did this last nite. I un-screwed one of those things the net attaches to and the screw where the trunk latches. Then pull back on the material covering the light assembly. finally, you just twist the bulb housing out and replace bulb. Once
i got the new bulb in, which works great, the "bulb" light on the dash is on and I dont know how to turn it off?
my bulb light doesnt come on ?? wtf
Old 11-25-2001, 09:06 PM
Instructor

the new bulb u put in isn't lighting up? well c if its pushed in all the way
Old 11-25-2001, 11:06 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by TLdude
the new bulb u put in isn't lighting up? well c if its pushed in all the way
no i mean the "bulb light" as in telling me ones out ...
Old 11-25-2001, 11:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

theres such indicator lights on tls?
Old 11-27-2001, 12:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

This is very strange guys I had the same exact problem last week.
I had to take the car back to the dealer for this problem. Okay I drive with my lights on all the time as DRLs. I have done this since day one of having my TL 12/28/99. I noticed one taillight was out on one side. I went to the dealership to see there new facility across from the old place & I purchased the 4bulbs for tailight & 1 for the tag. I replaced the 5 bulbs &put them in correct I thought. When I checked to make sure that all the lights came on they did. I then noticed that after starting the car the BRAKE LAMP indicator came on. I rechecked the bulbs but it was still on. I then took it to the dealer first thing the next mourning without an appt. They took it in & changed the bulb again took about 10mins. When I got back in the car the indicator light was out. I had got about a good 2miles from the dealer in heavy stop & go traffic & the light came back on again. I called them & told them what happen. I had an appt last Monday anyway for my heated seat. While waiting for them to open I started the car several times & when I would press the brake pedal the indicator would come on & stay light. When I turned the car off & restarted the indicator would not come on untill I press the brake pedal.
They said that the light bulb was not secure in socket. Now I say I put them in correct the first time & then the dealer did it & the problem came back before I got home. I have had the car back since last Wed from other warranty work at the dealer. I have put about 200 miles since then with no sign of the BRAKE LAMP indicator. On the service ticket it says SECURED ALL BRAKE LIGHT BULBS IN SOCKETS the service advisor told me that it poped back out very strange.
Old 11-28-2001, 04:20 AM
Burning Brakes

I had to change one of my brake light bulbs recently. Here's what I gathered:

First, the instructions are in the owners manual for changing any of the exterior bulbs (except for the headlight bulbs) so you can always reference that. My dash brake lamp indicator came on and stayed on, indicating that I had a burnt out brake light. This indicator will light if any of the four type 7443 dual filament brake light bulbs have one or two burned out filaments (I don't think the high-mount brake light bulbs are detected, but don't quote me on this).

I unscrewed the big grey plastic knob in the trunk carpet and the plastic screws in the trunk latch cover in order to pull the carpet out and replace the burnt out bulb.

When reinserting a new bulb into the socket, make sure you push it in hard until you hear an distinct "snap". It's not fully in until you hear the snap.

Start up your car again, turn on your headlights and tap the brakes. The dash brake lamp warning light should no longer be on. It resets itself automatically.