Certified Honda/Acura Mechanics - Ottawa

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Indian Acura Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Certified Honda/Acura Mechanics - Ottawa

Hopefully this is in the right place, since i couldn't think of another place to put it.

Anyway my 02 TL with 200k km on it, is finally going in for a serious overhaul. My brother in law usually drives it but since he works in Edmonton, the car kind of just sits there. And because each month there's usually a big expenditure, the TL ends up getting put off. Right now the SRS light is on, the DRL lights are on, the windshield washer fluid light is stuck, and it needs to go in for tire rotation as well as timing belt.

Dealer is going to really get us on this overhaul, and I agree it's big and not good, and we're going to try to fix it this time and then keep it going on regular maintenance.

My question is, does anyone know of a certified Honda/Acura mechanic in Ottawa, as we would like to get a quote on it, because the dealer really gets us on labor, and usually there are places that will be cheaper...we have no problem buying the parts before hand.

But if anyone knows one or two in the Ottawa area, can you just let me know?

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Brown Chaos
Hopefully this is in the right place, since i couldn't think of another place to put it.

Anyway my 02 TL with 200k km on it, is finally going in for a serious overhaul. My brother in law usually drives it but since he works in Edmonton, the car kind of just sits there. And because each month there's usually a big expenditure, the TL ends up getting put off. Right now the SRS light is on, the DRL lights are on, the windshield washer fluid light is stuck, and it needs to go in for tire rotation as well as timing belt.

Dealer is going to really get us on this overhaul, and I agree it's big and not good, and we're going to try to fix it this time and then keep it going on regular maintenance.

My question is, does anyone know of a certified Honda/Acura mechanic in Ottawa, as we would like to get a quote on it, because the dealer really gets us on labor, and usually there are places that will be cheaper...we have no problem buying the parts before hand.

But if anyone knows one or two in the Ottawa area, can you just let me know?

Thanks!

There is a guy on Hunt Club kinda right behind Hunt Club Honda that you should check out. The company name escapes me though but he specializes in used Honda cars. I have not been in for any work on mine but my bro with a CRV swears by him for honesty and better than dealer labor charges. There is also a guy on Woodward that works mainly on Porsches who quoted me a couple hundred less on a timing belt/water pump change than Camco Acura. Not a lot of help I guess ......... most work I have done at my bro-in-laws. He could work on yours too I'm sure, the only downside is he is out of Ottawa in Woodlawn.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Indian Acura Driver

Hopefully some more guys from Ottawa will chime in, but that's good to know actually. I'll definitely check out both guys. Thanks!

Where exactly is Woodward as well as Woodlawn?
Old 07-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Advanced

Woodward is off Maitland just South of Queensway.
Woodlawn is out past Dunrobin near Constance Bay
Old 07-11-2008, 01:42 AM
Intermediate

A big name on the http://www.ottawahondaclub.com/forum/ is B17GSR.
He does live a bit far from what i read and is pretty good on prices although he works out of his garage. I personally havn't use him, but hear good things about him.
He does have a website. http://www.b17gsr.ca/

I beleive the place that TL-Super is refering to is Hunt Club Auto Sales. They have a garage in the back. Havn't tried them myself personally. http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/listi...trader=1&CAT=1
Old 11-22-2013, 09:13 AM
3rd Gear

I'm looking for a private and certified Acura mechanic in Ottawa for my 2005 TSX.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 784 Likes on 743 Posts
TSX forum and regionals will possibly be of assistance, IDK.