Carbon Fiber Hood

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 02:38 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carbon Fiber Hood

Hey, Anyone know where I can get a carbon fiber hood. I have been looking up OE Tuning but doesnt seem like they exiist anymore. I need a carbon fiber hood. WOrking on a project for the TLS. I think its gonna look HOT after I am done with it but cant get my hands on the CF hood, Anyone wnat to sell theirs or knows a place Pm me or hit me up at glassesxfreak@yahoo.com. THanks
Old 05-25-2004, 10:20 AM
Rock Star

ur car ur decision man...but illllllll def cheapins the car in my opinion but then again like i said its not my car.....i also have wdp and ebony and have seen carbon fiber hoods on white cars and i can tell u it looks like u replace the hood and havent gotten it paited yet that its only primed......but good luck
Old 05-25-2004, 11:30 AM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nym31mp
ur car ur decision man...but illllllll def cheapins the car in my opinion but then again like i said its not my car.....i also have wdp and ebony and have seen carbon fiber hoods on white cars and i can tell u it looks like u replace the hood and havent gotten it paited yet that its only primed......but good luck

I 2nd that
Old 05-25-2004, 12:33 PM
2003 SSM TLS

I 3rd that. But best of luck.
Old 05-25-2004, 02:55 PM
Drifting

what year do you have?
Old 05-25-2004, 03:01 PM
Drifting

Should have just bought a Civic.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:42 PM
Advanced

i think CF hood look alrite but now it too play on like every car has it and it would ruin the style of the TL
Old 05-26-2004, 12:03 AM
Racer

the oe tuning hood i heard wasn't that good according to vtectltypes, who said it cracked easily....
Old 05-26-2004, 08:41 AM
Rock Star

its fugly
Old 05-26-2004, 11:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Lightbulb

I actually have one being painted before I install it so it's not all black.

Not sure how it would look on the white, but on the blue it's hot. I've also seen them on a silver CL with Anthracite rims... looked hot as well.

I got mine used, so can't be of too much help as to where to get one. BTW, i hope you're using the TL for a show car... otherwise it's not a good idea. If I wasn't using my car to promote the business at shows.... I'd NEVER get a CF hood.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:41 AM
Pro

I want to get one and paint it WDP. I just love the way the sun reflects off of CF hoods...

Be sure to post pics of yours painted Junior...I want to see how the paint turns out
Old 05-26-2004, 07:08 PM
Racer

Why is that

Originally Posted by Type S Lady
Should have just bought a Civic.
WHy is that. Just becaus I want a carbon fiber hood I should have buy a civic instead. I dont get this at all. I asked People where I can get a damn hood not what YAll think about it. And I dont get all this civic been wack ass cars and all. I think My setup will be nice. Just becasue it a carbon fiber hood and just becasue to all yall think that it might looks Riced out or whatevers Dont matter to me. I just wnat to know where I can want. So why sepnt then $6000 on a supercharger on the TLS why not jsut buy a better car for the money. YOu see me going down your throat about been Riced out? NO Why dont people on this forum jsut answer the DAMN question rather giving people opinions that others really dont give a rats ass about. yeah Its an open forum. I understand but I want to know where I can get one so If anyone who has any info LET ME kNOW. I am not interested on what you think. I like it and I think its gonna look hot.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Racer

Its set

its fugly
ITS set that you dont like anything else on your TL or TLS. Everyone wnats this and that. BUt you comment like its fugly its not for TLS its this and its that and bitch about everything else. So what is your ideal TLS then. The same Tired OEM kit with rims like I said before? Or you have other thoughts about the IDEAL TLS. Somepeople just want to be different. You didnt even see what it looks like on my setup How the HEL you gonn say its UGLY jsut becuase its a carbon fiber hood?? Yeah Good logic
Old 05-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Racer

Thanks

Tahnks for all the otehr replies. YES I am using it for a CAR SHOW. Not a Daily Drive. I een thought about the verticle doors that was posted a while back and got BURNED to hell and back. YES ITS GONNA BE A SHOW CAR! So that is why I need a CF hood. THere was a cmment taht its played out. YEa I feel you on that but Not many TL has it so I want one to be DIFFERENT. Damn It seems its likea crime to be different on this forum or sumthing. You want CF. <-- "your dumb and its riced out." "Get a damn civic then" You want this and that<-- its ugly. Dman people Lighten up man. Help people do what then want to their car. So people who knows where, LEt me know. Still in the market For the hood
Old 05-26-2004, 08:17 PM
@ slide or die @

actually, a silver, black, champagne, nighthawk and even the dark blue TLs would look EXTREMELY hot with the CF hood.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:25 PM
Original Member #81

Carbon fiber hood
Old 05-26-2004, 10:25 PM
Racer

ok azn g ryde, i'mma give u a more constructive way of criticism, the hood isn't rice, it juss doesn't flow as well with white, i seen it on other car it didn't look too good, but if ur goin to put it on for show go ahead bro, like i said in the other thread, u can do whaever u want and i mite not like it but it's still ur car, but if u do do it, talk to fiber image from the link above, oe tuning isn't bad but i just heard it cracks easily so i dun suggest u spend so much money on a hood and it cracks on u....if ur not puttin hood pins on i think it won't look as bad, i just really dun see hood pins on our four door cars that's more luxury...but dun get mad, everyone will have opinions, that's why it's a forum, we all will state our opinions, but it doesn't mean we're gonna tell u not to do wha u wanna do...oh and i agree wit the civic thing u said, most of my friends have civics and very jdm tuned civics, all with rare parts that gets alot of respect in the scene...so nuttin wrong with civics...
Old 05-27-2004, 08:37 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by AZN G RYDE
WHy is that. Just becaus I want a carbon fiber hood I should have buy a civic instead. I dont get this at all. I asked People where I can get a damn hood not what YAll think about it. And I dont get all this civic been wack ass cars and all. I think My setup will be nice. Just becasue it a carbon fiber hood and just becasue to all yall think that it might looks Riced out or whatevers Dont matter to me. I just wnat to know where I can want. So why sepnt then $6000 on a supercharger on the TLS why not jsut buy a better car for the money. YOu see me going down your throat about been Riced out? NO Why dont people on this forum jsut answer the DAMN question rather giving people opinions that others really dont give a rats ass about. yeah Its an open forum. I understand but I want to know where I can get one so If anyone who has any info LET ME kNOW. I am not interested on what you think. I like it and I think its gonna look hot.
Look dork, it was a joke. IF carbon fiber is your taste then go for it, no one is hating on you. So pull your face out of your butt and chill out. And if you think I spent $6k on a SC your even more of a dork. Oh yeah, you might want to do a spelling/grammar check next time.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:00 AM
Rock Star

Look dork, it was a joke. IF carbon fiber is your taste then go for it, no one is hating on you. So pull your face out of your butt and chill out. And if you think I spent $6k on a SC your even more of a dork. Oh yeah, you might want to do a spelling/grammar check next time.
good girl we stated......damn some one needs a kleenx......i though that it kinda known that if u ask about a product ur gonna get the info and feedback....so if he wants his hoof to look like a black primed hook God bless......God knows i got flack for the strobes but i expected good and bad feedback...goes w the terratory
Old 05-27-2004, 11:53 AM
Racer

SO you happen to tell me that your Sc and all yout other parta and installation didnt add up to 6G's What, You want me to sit here and calculate every piece for parts to installation. I think that is a good ballpark figure for the Sc to be installed and all. THATS IT! Yo TYPE S LADY, I thought you were coo man. I never seens racer chics, other then my girlfriend and when I saw you I was like damn this girl knows what shes talkin about and dont just talk but acutally go out and done up your ride. I gave you the up most respect but came crashing down when you kinda diss me like that. I can see why I dont post much on this forum any more.By the way. I dont see you talkin $hit about others spellin mistakes, why correct mine, is it cause I am asian? J/k Like I care bout typin in a piblic forum and have to spell check
Old 05-27-2004, 12:01 PM
Racer

Thanks bro

Originally Posted by jspecinspire
ok azn g ryde, i'mma give u a more constructive way of criticism, the hood isn't rice, it juss doesn't flow as well with white, i seen it on other car it didn't look too good, but if ur goin to put it on for show go ahead bro, like i said in the other thread, u can do whaever u want and i mite not like it but it's still ur car, but if u do do it, talk to fiber image from the link above, oe tuning isn't bad but i just heard it cracks easily so i dun suggest u spend so much money on a hood and it cracks on u....if ur not puttin hood pins on i think it won't look as bad, i just really dun see hood pins on our four door cars that's more luxury...but dun get mad, everyone will have opinions, that's why it's a forum, we all will state our opinions, but it doesn't mean we're gonna tell u not to do wha u wanna do...oh and i agree wit the civic thing u said, most of my friends have civics and very jdm tuned civics, all with rare parts that gets alot of respect in the scene...so nuttin wrong with civics...
I need more of this., I bump heads with you on the other thread but you were kind enough to spare me on this dual. Ok Constructive criticism it is. If a CF hood dont look good on a white car. I can think about repainting my car to a different color to make it look nicer instead of white. See this is the opnions I need to make my care better and more presentable for show. Other than bashin the CF all at once. Yeah the reason why I say dont talk down to civic is becasue yeah it is a cheap car but has a lot of potentail. Speed wise, you can make that thing move so fast all the TLS can do is stare at the back bumper. But as for luxurious reason, I have to say, it is not the best looking or best accessoried cars. I guess jsut how you see a car and what perspective you take from.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:01 PM
Rock Star

ill tell u one thing i bet type s lady's car is better lookin than urs..........and it has a super charger............she did the ultimate of mods........good girl
Old 05-27-2004, 05:41 PM
Intermediate

Hey i got my hood from OE Tuning had it for a couple of months hit 100 with it on it hasnt cracked. I got a white TL with clear headlights I like it a lot I only seen 1 other TL with a CF hood. Take a look here and tell me what you think
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/538864
Old 05-27-2004, 09:09 PM
Drifting

Old 05-27-2004, 09:23 PM
Pro

xclusize i think ive seen your other TL down in miami once i didnt take a good look at it but i think it was a 02+
Old 05-27-2004, 10:08 PM
Racer

I need more of this., I bump heads with you on the other thread but you were kind enough to spare me on this dual. Ok Constructive criticism it is. If a CF hood dont look good on a white car. I can think about repainting my car to a different color to make it look nicer instead of white. See this is the opnions I need to make my care better and more presentable for show. Other than bashin the CF all at once. Yeah the reason why I say dont talk down to civic is becasue yeah it is a cheap car but has a lot of potentail. Speed wise, you can make that thing move so fast all the TLS can do is stare at the back bumper. But as for luxurious reason, I have to say, it is not the best looking or best accessoried cars. I guess jsut how you see a car and what perspective you take from.

i didn't mean to bump heads wit u intentionally, i juss dun like having my opinions stripped from me, but if u wanna see how a tl looks wit the hood, check out acurainspired.com vtectltypes, he had the aegean blue tl with the hood and it looked nice, or stanman who had the hood tinted blue, so it was blue carbon fiber to match the blue, i like the way it looks wit aegean blue, or black, i was thinkin bout the hood b4 since my car was black, but for the theme of VIP style cars, i decided not to and stay full luxury...but i will also be opening my own jdm parts distribution site soon, so let mek now if u need parts cuz i'm opening accoutns wit aj-racing possibly and kiyoshis.com
Old 05-28-2004, 10:03 AM
Drifting

nym31mp, it's all good. I just felt like bickering at the moment with AZN G Ride. Thanks again!
Old 05-28-2004, 12:38 PM
Racer

I saw it

ill tell u one thing i bet type s lady's car is better lookin than urs..........and it has a super charger............she did the ultimate of mods........good girl
SHe has a supersharger if you say FASTER I bet on that Better lookin I wont se so sure. What make you so positive man. You saw my car before? I know she has the supercharger Thats koo with me.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Azn G Ryde:

If you get the CF hood, it is highly recommended that you get hood pins. Don't care what other people say that hood pins look out of place or ugly, it's a matter of safety. I've heard horror stories about cars with CF hoods in frontal collisions. The hood pins are put there for a purpose. IMHO, hood pins are not an option, it's a must have.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jspecinspire
i will also be opening my own jdm parts distribution site soon, so let mek now if u need parts cuz i'm opening accoutns wit aj-racing ...
LOL! Cool! A&J Racing is literally just 20 min drive away from my place. They are all real cool, and I've had my car modified by them (brakes/rotors, tie bar). They can just about get any jdm stuff. Congrats man!
Old 05-28-2004, 05:41 PM
Drifting

SHe has a supersharger if you say FASTER I bet on that Better lookin I wont se so sure. What make you so positive man. You saw my car before? I know she has the supercharger Thats koo with me.
My car doesn't look any different than anyone else's on this forum, and that's how I like it- a sleeper. My car will be bone stock exterior wise for life so I won't ever be able to compete in the looks department with my car. I've been there and done that with my CIVIC, it was fun but it's time to move on. If I wanted to bring the outside of my car to life, I have the means. But I'm past that ( I think).
Old 05-28-2004, 06:01 PM
Instructor

The poor guy is just asking where to find a CF hood. He's not asking if it looks nice or not, thats his beef. Most of you guys sound like SIMON FROM AMERICAN IDOL always BITCHIN like HOES.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:18 PM
Pro

AZN G RYDE just do what you want to your TL man, with the cf hood i also have the oe tuning one and mines has little cracks but i have also contacted fiber image a while ago and they said they werent gonna make a hood. but you can always custom make one, its also good to see a TL member doing something different instead of looking like everyone else, i've been though lots of flaming already so i would know how you feel. just keep us update with your car. good luck.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:02 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by patrick
LOL! Cool! A&J Racing is literally just 20 min drive away from my place. They are all real cool, and I've had my car modified by them (brakes/rotors, tie bar). They can just about get any jdm stuff. Congrats man!
thanx it's not for sure yet...i still gotta get a few of my side figured out plus talk more with alan, but it should be ok, since they've been distributors for my buddy darin down here in south florida with pacific performance, they noe the tuners down here i roll wit well enuff to help me out...but that's not all i will be able to get cuz their only one of 4 accounts i'm working on, the other ones can actually get even crazier shiet...juss wait and see =)
Old 05-29-2004, 04:34 AM
i

U SHOULDA BOUGHT A CIVIC RIGHT!!!...A CF HOOD IS TABOO TO THE O BLESSED TL. Lighten up u f'ing pansy's, the TL isn't an LS430 or an E500, a CF hood is nothing to bitch at someone about saying they "shoulda bought a civic". There are people who buy the TL b/c its a nice affordable luxury car and there are those who buy it b/c they see its potential as a stylish and awesome sports sedan.
Old 05-29-2004, 01:22 PM
Drifting

:argue: This is funny. I think you guys have your panties tied to tight, it was meant to be a joke. Don't take stuff so seriously.

Oh, you should have bought a Civic
Old 05-29-2004, 02:25 PM
Racer

can we all juss get a group hug?
Old 05-29-2004, 02:49 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by TypeSwork
The poor guy is just asking where to find a CF hood. He's not asking if it looks nice or not, thats his beef. Most of you guys sound like SIMON FROM AMERICAN IDOL always BITCHIN like HOES.
Well said......We all have different tastes for our cars, if we all had the same taste this forum would be pretty f'ing boring
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: