Cannot find window vents.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 10:58 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Cannot find window vents.

Has anyone been able to find window vents?
My Acura dealer only sells a vent for the sun roof, but none for the windows. I've also looked online and at local auto parts stores. Vents for the windows are know where to be found!
I'm wondering if possibly a Honda vent might fit my 2000 3.2 TL.
I'd even consider modifying them to make them fit.
Am I the only person who wishes they had window vents?
I wonder why they don't make them. I would like to be able to crack my window open when it rains and the rain not come in.

Also, can someone tell me what the purpose is for: The little door between my back seat and the trunk.
Also, I'm having a problem with it. It opens in two ways: One way via the latch that you can lock/unlock, and another way which opens the whole door (including the frame of it). I cannot get the whole frame of it to snap into place and close. Any tips? I tried pushing on it as hard as I can, but it did not snap into place. There is an upside-down-shaped 'V' at the top, which the doorway hinge should be snapped in to, but I can't get it to snap in. Ah, sorry I sound so stupid, but this is the first nice, and newest car I've ever had.

You might notice that I'm new here. (This is my first post.) My son bought me the car a month ago.

I was glad to find in my reading that I do have the latest version of Navi software, but not happy to find out that a upgrade (when it is available) will cost $250.

My Acura dealer was very nice to fix several things for me that were covered under warranty; such as: the long, inch-wide panels between the front and back doors (both sides) where the clear-coat was peeling off and also the strips on both front doors where also the clear coat was peeling. They also replace my rear passenger arm rest.

I've been concerned a bit about my transmission--wondering if I should feel it shifting like I do. It also seems to hesitate if I step on it at the time of a gear change. I have an appointment this coming Monday, and I'm going to ask them to have someone test drive it to see if they think if feels right.

I also have been saying that I didn't think it has the pickup that it should, and now I know something is wrong because whatever it is has gotten worse. First, it would not go into passing gear or "move out" when I tried to pass, even though I put the pedal to the floor. Now, when I started it up, it was definitely running rough. Well, I'll find out after I take it in on Monday.

Thanks so much. It's nice to make your acquaintance,
Joya
Old 09-25-2003, 11:48 PM
Banned

Re: Cannot find window vents.

If you mean the wind deflectors. These are JDM (from JAPAN), its very expensive.

Try www.aj-racing.com and email them about it, they can custom order it from Japan. ($200+)

or you can order from http://www.weathertech.com/store/veh...pt_choice_id=0

These (Weathertech) are for only the front two windows, while the JDM set is all 4 windows and probably fits better.

The little black door is a pass thru for grabbing stuff from the trunk or if you need to stick something long like skies thru from the trunk. Umm I don't understand your description of the latching situtation.

As for everything else, you need to put what year TL you have also. Don't be too paranoid about the trans situtation either, just be on the look out for the gear selector light blinking or gear slippage (dropping from 5th gear to 2nd gear while you're moving). As for your situtation, What do you mean by passing gear?, it didn't downshift?? Were you in SportShift mode? Just because it didn't downshift doesn't mean there is a problem, you were probably going fast enough that downshifting would cause it to redline, so the car's computer didn't do it. but If you don't feel comfortable, always take it to the dealer.

Welcome aboard and I'm also located in Gainesville.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:21 AM
Cruisin'

ive noticed the TL auto trans is a bit more aggressive in shifting fashion, so if youre not used to it, i guess you could go into SS mode and pick your gears as you go.
Old 09-28-2003, 02:35 AM
2nd Gear

Thank you so very much for the information on where to find window vents/wind deflectors. I'll be sure to check it out asap Monday morning and will definitely order them even if they are a bit expensive. Perhaps my son will get them for me. He's the one who bought me my 2000 TL 3.2 about a month ago. What a sweet boy. I love it. Iv'e never had a nice car like this in my entire life. Prior to this I had a blue Dodge Caravan. Don't laugh please. I'm really sporting now! It has a sunroof and is black inside and out. He had my windows tinted for me last week. I said "please get the legal limit" but no--he got it very dark. I'll have to write down the numbers on that to remember exactly what percentage tint it is. Sorry I cannot remember. Perhaps 35%? or 5%? Anyway, it's dark as dark can be.
Well, I'm very excited about getting my vents. THANK YOU so very much.

About the transmission: I will keep an eye on it as you recommend. What I was describing "it not going into passing gear" was... I was not in sport shift mode, and practically floored it to pass someone, and still it didn't 'move out' much at all. You know how in (all cars I've ever driven) the automatic transmission will drop down or something and make the car move faster. Well, it just did nothing at all. I'm going to have the Acura man test drive it and see what he thinks. I've been treated very nice here in Gainesville at Gatorland Acura. I also appreciate how they clean my car inside and out each time I have something done on it. The last time, the service man said he washed it twice for me because it rained on it. Geeeesh ... I don't have a garage for it, so when I brought it home later that day, it rained on it at my house anyway.
Today, my husband and I went looking at steel carports. We are going to get one that is 18' x 21' for $795 installed. I especially need it with that black paint. It shows every little spot, and I don't want the sun to ruin my paint. Before I had the Caravan, I had a Jeep Wagoneer, and it looked like you had fried eggs on the hood. I certainly don't want my Acura to look like that!
I've been taking really good care of it. I've waxed it twice and made a promise to myself that I would always get the bugs off of it within three days. I've kept my promise very well.

Thanks for the info on why there is that pass through between the back seat and the trunk. My son was able to fix it for me. He popped it back into place, and now it is closed correctly.
Take care, Joya