Can you Say WHAT ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 10:07 AM
PROUD TL OWNER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you Say WHAT ?

To All My TL owners:
I am so pissed offffffffffffff i can murder somebody so i just got my new tranny put in like a month ago and i just got stuck on the 14 North in Cali if any one Knows that freeway they no there is no life to be seen for miles. So i had to get it towed to Acura of Valencia to find out that its the fuckin TRANNY. THis is the second time and im pretty sure with any thing that happens more than 3 times the Lemon Law goes into affect. If any one knows of what i should do feel free to post your replys.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
nothing you can do but get a new tranny, or sell the car.
check out my sig
Old 11-18-2004, 10:15 AM
Banned

you have 15 days di lemon law your car if its an 02
Old 11-18-2004, 10:17 AM
Ackniculous One

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow, that is crazy. As much as I love my Acura, it would be hard to sell, but I think if I was in your shoes, I would get a nice fresh (remanufactured) tranny put in and put that bad boy up on Autotrader.com

and if you like the new 04-05 TL's, get a six speeder. Of course, more money, but replacing tranny's all the time is not helping you either. Geez oh man
Old 11-18-2004, 10:20 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by acright tl
To All My TL owners:
I am so pissed offffffffffffff i can murder somebody so i just got my new tranny put in like a month ago and i just got stuck on the 14 North in Cali if any one Knows that freeway they no there is no life to be seen for miles. So i had to get it towed to Acura of Valencia to find out that its the fuckin TRANNY. THis is the second time and im pretty sure with any thing that happens more than 3 times the Lemon Law goes into affect. If any one knows of what i should do feel free to post your replys.
You NEED to DEMAND to talk to the DSPS (District Parts and Service Manager) for your Dealership. Explain the situation and be firm. Explain to them that you have already talked to a lawyer about the Lemon Laws and you will not hesitate to move forward. Brush up on the Lemon Laws in your state. http://www.lemonlawamerica.com/ Also call Acura customer service and file a complaint. Check out my sig. This is how I got my 2001 replaced with a 2002. The dealership and DSPS went to bat for me... Hope this helps!
Old 11-18-2004, 02:43 PM
PROUD TL OWNER

thanks for the offer so if i do allthat you think that there is a slight chance that i can have my car replaced for a new one
Old 11-18-2004, 03:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by acright tl
thanks for the offer so if i do allthat you think that there is a slight chance that i can have my car replaced for a new one
Anything is possible, but I am not going to gaurantee anything. They will NOT make it easy for you. You just need to be firm. Like I said, ask to speak to the DSPS. This person has a lot of leverage and hits each dealership in their assigned area once a month. Talk to the Service MANAGER, not the Advisors, and Find out who the DSPS is for your Dealership (where you bought the car), their name, when they will be at your dealership next, and DEMAND a meeting/appointment with him the next time he is there. It may be this month sometime. Also call Acura customer service today, 800-382-2238 and file a complaint explaining everything that has happened and have it documented and get a case number. Good luck and let me know what happens. The whole process for me took about 5 months from the time I talked to the DSPS until I got ride of the lemon and got the new car.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
nothing you can do but get a new tranny, or sell the car.
check out my sig
what about one of those AAMCO rebuilds.
i inquired...like 1700.00.

i'm worried that i'll be at ...like... 115k..and the trans will go...(first one at 55k).

and they refuse to fix it.

but i like the car.

so i would want to keep it.

Old 11-18-2004, 09:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

how does rep power work?.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:24 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by joseph_99tl
how does rep power work?.
Just click on the scales to give good or bad reputation points...

https://acurazine.com/forums/announc...ouncementid=48
Old 11-19-2004, 11:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by joseph_99tl
what about one of those AAMCO rebuilds.
i inquired...like 1700.00.

i'm worried that i'll be at ...like... 115k..and the trans will go...(first one at 55k).

and they refuse to fix it.

but i like the car.

so i would want to keep it.

i checked into all the major rebuilders after my 3rd failure and NONE of them have any updated parts to fix the 3rd gear clutch pack. they ae all using factory spec parts