Calling all Aegean Blue TLS owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2002, 01:33 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calling all Aegean Blue TLS owners

I need your help. As you may know, I am planning on buying a new TLS soon and have been struggling with the decision of whether to buy the NBP with Parchment or the ABP with Ebony. My basic concerns were which was the lesser of two evils... keeping the black car clean, or dealing with the interior heat issues of the ebony interior? I went by a dealer today who had both in stock. The Aegean blue REALLY caught my eye! It is a flashy color that seems to change from every view and with every change in light. I can now see why the TLS went with the ebony interior. As you approach the car and open the door the black interior instantly gives the car a "Sportscar" look/feel... It reminded me of opening up the door to a Porsche or something. I have been given a lot of good opinions by the kind folks here at this forum and have found that I agree with most of them. The bowling ball look has already grown on me, as has the blue color. SO FINAL QUESTION... Any regrets from Aegean blue owners? Do you feel that the blue is easier to keep clean than a black car, and if so, enough to offset the effects of dealing with a hotter interior? Does the blue color keep growin on you? What type of comments do you get from "wanna-be TLS owners" "Nice color! or what the hell kind of blue do you call that?" I have changed my initial mind from the NBP/Parchment and am now leaning towards the ABP/Ebony. Help reassure me that I won't regret it and that I will continue to fall in love with this car and color combination. I want to order next week, but my wife hates it when I can't make up my mind on things... Thanks!
Old 02-16-2002, 01:42 AM
Pro

i love the color of my car i look at my sig and every time...i just love my car even more!!! the blue catches my eye day or night...it's a beautiful color
Old 02-16-2002, 03:10 AM
Instructor

i say..go with the BLUE!

well, I went with the Aegean Blue,..and I first had thoughts that I might get sick of the blue color... but.. it's OH so perfect.. it's the best stock color of blue of any production car that I've seen. Everytime I walk towards my car I think about how beautiful it is.. and I think it's a color that you'll enjoy more and more... after a car wash,..the blue shines and sparkles.. there's no comparison..

Austin has a NBP across the street..and honestly... i don't think his car looks AS good.... just because I went with the blue..

One of my friends owns a blue car..and he keeps mentioning about how my blue is so much better.

Anyhow.... about the interior..it really isn't THAT hot.. I live in Texas..and didn't have a problem last summer or early fall. Keep your interior clean..and you'll feel as if you're stepping into a brand new ride everytime. I guarantee it. =)
-jyang411
Old 02-16-2002, 07:35 AM
Advanced

I completely agree with both of these guys. I have zero regrets and gotten tons of looks from everybody! The other day my wife and I came out of FAO Schwartz and there was this couple that was just standing around the car. When I unlocked the doors They stepped away a little and then waited on us to get there to ask what color that was!

Also, yes the black really does help the sportiness of the interior and I am glad to see you gave the bowling ball a second look, but check out the real aluminum trim kit that is in the works! That will really give it a sporty feel (without going tacky).
Old 02-16-2002, 09:03 AM
www.cardomain.com/id/perr

Funny we have someone on Maxima.org that is debateing Majestic Blue or Black as well.

I can give you a none bias response, since I don't own the NBP or ABP, hell I don't own a TL/TLS even.

Go with the Aegean Blue Peril that color is very nice. The black, and silver is to basic a color.
Old 02-16-2002, 10:46 AM
Intermediate

When I first saw my current car, it was on the showroom floor at the dealership. Depending on the lighting, the blue paint either sparkled from the lights, or had a very deep ocean-like quality to it, and I just fell in love with that. And I still feel that way whenever I wash the car, so I know I wasn't simply starstruck at the dealer.

The interior - there was no question. The black is just so awesome. I really don't like the tan/parchment/whatever interior, so it really was no question on the black.

I got the car in November, and I live in Colorado, so I haven't really experienced any heat problems with the black interior. But I'm not at all worried about it in the summer. The only problem I have with it is that since I live with 7 cats, some of the cat hair invariably finds its way into the car, and it's prominent against the black floormats and seats. But it comes right out with some vacuuming, so it's no big deal.

Good luck with your decision....I know you'll make the right one

-Steve
Old 02-16-2002, 10:49 AM
Pro

so far, there should be no doubts bout gettin the abp color the ebony interior is so awesome, i love the feeling of the sporti seats and the black leather looks like no other!!! personally i don't like parchment either heheeheh but that's just my opinion
Old 02-16-2002, 11:54 AM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by TommiGSR
so far, there should be no doubts bout gettin the abp color the ebony interior is so awesome, i love the feeling of the sporti seats and the black leather looks like no other!!! personally i don't like parchment either heheeheh but that's just my opinion
that just puts me down so much! you guys make me regret so much that i couldn't get my hands on the ebony interior!
Old 02-16-2002, 12:55 PM
Instructor

Thumbs up

By all means go with the ABP, you wont regret it! I like black and have owned black cars before but the blue just stands out more and looks sportier IMO. I also think the blue may be a little easier to keep clean, because I think black is the hardest color to keep looking good. A clean ABP TL-S turns heads like no 4 door is supposed to!
Old 02-16-2002, 01:22 PM
Drifting

(thanks naqeeb!)

i got the blue one too, and a love the color. almost like black in the sense of how slick it is to have a dark car, but a little more forgiving when it's not taken care of often. i also like the way the color changes with the angles and daylight conditions.

you can check my photos...
http://public.fotki.com/stanman/
http://community.webshots.com/user/oops_tls
http://www.accordcompany.com/members/id10t/
Old 02-16-2002, 01:22 PM
Instructor

The ABP was my first and only choice. Though the NBP is nice, as are most black cars. However this blue is just so sweet looking.

You can't go wrong with either.
Old 02-16-2002, 01:31 PM
Instructor

Talking

Here's a shot I took today after washing and applying some z5

Old 02-16-2002, 07:12 PM
jps
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Beautiful color.
Old 02-16-2002, 10:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Come on do you really have to ask???

Seriously this color turns heads like you wouldnt believe, and I have never received so many compliments on just my cars color before. When she's all clean...Can you say whiplash???

As far as cleaning her goes, I dont find it any easier to take care of than any other dark color, black, ark green included. When not clean it slook liek a totally different color and totally looses its shine.

Interior wise, this AC is simply fantastic, and with my tints I was more than comfortable all summer long.

Since this pic shes been dropped, and had a ton of money tossed into other areas as well.
Old 02-17-2002, 12:24 AM
Advanced

Thumbs up AGP

I don't really like blue cars, and I only got my AGP because it was the least of all evils. But seeing it in person was incredible - it's just gorgeous. And the color does change a lot with the light, which is nice.

In addition to the usual compliments from friends, I've also overhead people I didn't know saying how beautiful it was.

And a interesting note - a friend of mine who is retired from the Navy was telling me how nice looking the car was and said the color reminded him of the ocean - and this was before I told him it was called Aegean Blue Pearl.
Old 02-17-2002, 01:22 AM
AC
Drifting

Blue is the best color for a TLS IMO.
Old 02-17-2002, 01:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by ElegantTL

that just puts me down so much! you guys make me regret so much that i couldn't get my hands on the ebony interior!
It's okay, I feel your pain... I was thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiis close to getting black on black, but again I didn't like driving in it, it kind of felt scary looking out. It was too dark and it felt like I was in a tomb. My dad bought his X5 in topaz blue, with black sport interior and it's just too too dark for me. My wife got hers X5 in silver w/ grey and it seems fine.
Old 02-17-2002, 01:37 AM
AC
Drifting

Meh Sal eendeh bulso gyoron hae suh?

Wife got X5 too? Dayum, you do own 50 liquor stores!
Old 02-17-2002, 01:38 AM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Originally posted by evolaerok

It's okay, I feel your pain... I was thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiis close to getting black on black, but again I didn't like driving in it, it kind of felt scary looking out. It was too dark and it felt like I was in a tomb. My dad bought his X5 in topaz blue, with black sport interior and it's just too too dark for me. My wife got hers X5 in silver w/ grey and it seems fine.
hehehe....yeaaah..the silver seems to be a nice interior...but i realized mostly the german cars use this. I used bebber's mobile cleaning supplies today to clean my leather today..HAHA!
Old 02-17-2002, 02:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by AC
Meh Sal eendeh bulso gyoron hae suh?

Wife got X5 too? Dayum, you do own 50 liquor stores!
This old new heung! My wife is 21 and she's a RN, no big deal, it's lease vehicle and it's only 3.0i. It goes in pretty soon, then we're going to share cars and then buy a MDX or something. I thought you knew? This is how we met, I was complaining how here aux fan caught fire one day....
Old 02-17-2002, 02:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by ElegantTL

hehehe....yeaaah..the silver seems to be a nice interior...but i realized mostly the german cars use this. I used bebber's mobile cleaning supplies today to clean my leather today..HAHA!
LoLz, parchment does get dirty easily...
Old 02-17-2002, 02:33 AM
AC
Drifting

This old new heung! My wife is 21 and she's a RN, no big deal, it's lease vehicle and it's only 3.0i. It goes in pretty soon, then we're going to share cars and then buy a MDX or something. I thought you knew? This is how we met, I was complaining how here aux fan caught fire one day....
Oh that's right!

If you own a 3.0 X5, you won't like the MDX, meaning how it drives. Great SUV for the money and sh!t load of space but it drives like an Odessey.

BTW, did you find a job yet?
Old 02-17-2002, 02:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by AC

Oh that's right!

If you own a 3.0 X5, you won't like the MDX, meaning how it drives. Great SUV for the money and sh!t load of space but it drives like an Odessey.

BTW, did you find a job yet?
I like the MDX, yeah it doesn't drive like the X5, but still soo much more for your money. I mean the money I spent on lease for the X5, I can pay and buy the MDX. No I didn't find a job yet, just enjoying my unemployment checks and just working @ parents shops. I did turn in my resume for Oracle, but I know they are going through some layoffs too so I don't know. My wife wants me to wait until Sept before I get another job....
Old 02-17-2002, 02:43 AM
AC
Drifting

I like the MDX, yeah it doesn't drive like the X5, but still soo much more for your money. I mean the money I spent on lease for the X5, I can pay and buy the MDX. No I didn't find a job yet, just enjoying my unemployment checks and just working @ parents shops. I did turn in my resume for Oracle, but I know they are going through some layoffs too so I don't know. My wife wants me to wait until Sept before I get another job....
Nice! Collect uncle Sam's money (well he's only paying you back what you paid him 10 folds) and working for parents and getting paid Korean style...

Why September? That's so far away from now. What did you do before? You worked for Avaya? I just assume this since I think I recall you were a Call Center Manager or something in Denver...Avaya having huge facility there and main Call Center there as well...I know, I'm ex Lucent. Thank God I quit them before they tanked.
Old 02-17-2002, 02:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by AC

Nice! Collect uncle Sam's money (well he's only paying you back what you paid him 10 folds) and working for parents and getting paid Korean style...

Why September? That's so far away from now. What did you do before? You worked for Avaya? I just assume this since I think I recall you were a Call Center Manager or something in Denver...Avaya having huge facility there and main Call Center there as well...I know, I'm ex Lucent. Thank God I quit them before they tanked.
September because we have soooo much coming up, like in May we are having our wedding ceremony. I know I know, you're probably saying "but I thought you were married?" Well in court yes, but we were so busy that we didn't have the ceremony. So ceremony on May 18th, oh my 21st birthday May 18th, then honeymoon in Vegas May 19th. My father is opening another business in July and he needs help opening it. So just help out and get paid from them until september. Oh finishing with college and getting my degree so I can get a better job. I actually worked in the Springs. I worked for MCI and I was doing tech issues, etc. I was one of 5 managers who managed a group of 100 tech reps and basically they took calls for all the technical issues w/ business' and home phone lines. I knew I was going to get laid off, because I was the youngest and I still haven't completed school yet. I drove to Denver because some of our meetings were held there and personal things... I guess I really want my degree before my next job.
Old 02-17-2002, 03:02 AM
Pro

I'm Sold!

Thanks guys for all of the replies. It's good to know that no one has regretted their decision and has decided that their ABP TLS looks like that "60s El Camino" color... I was a bit worried that it might look like that from some of the pics, but in person it has a much deeper and multifaceted tone that does indeed remind one of a great ocean view! SO NOW THAT I'VE MADE UP MY MIND... HOW HARD ARE THESE TO FIND? DID ANY OF YOU HAVE A TOUGH TIME FINDING THEM IN STOCK? Thanks again... I can't wait, I NEED my new ride now!
Old 02-17-2002, 01:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

I have ABP in South Florida

This is the only color I wanted on a TL-S, probably would have gone with another 300M or Grand Prix GTP if the dealer did not have ABP.

No problems with black interior in hot weather.
Old 02-17-2002, 02:55 PM
Racer

Trust me on this one....you'll receive lots of compliments on the color. This is also the first year for the ABP color so you won't see a ton of them on the road either.

I would of rather had a choice of interiors....black is the only interior choice.

Its not hard to keep clean....I just would have prefered the parch. interior.

Best of all its an awesome car to drive!
Old 02-17-2002, 03:02 PM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Originally posted by bluefrank
Trust me on this one....you'll receive lots of compliments on the color. This is also the first year for the ABP color so you won't see a ton of them on the road either.

I would of rather had a choice of interiors....black is the only interior choice.

Its not hard to keep clean....I just would have prefered the parch. interior.

Best of all its an awesome car to drive!

Want to trade interiors? I have parchment, and I would like Ebony.